West Palm Beach, 11 juin 2008

Tournée 2008, comptes-rendus, souvenirs de la tournée par les membres du forum

Re: West Palm Beach, 11 juin 2008

Message par Monkey Wrench » Mer Juin 11, 2008 6:33 pm

Merci.
Bon t'auras un boot nickel et peut-être de jolies photos, c'est déjà ça.
1996.11.09 Zürich CH
2000.06.23 Zürich CH
2006.09.23 Marseille FR, 2006.09.13 Berne CH, 2006.09.23 Berlin DE
2008.06.11 West Palm Beach FL
2009.06.23 EV Atlanta GA, 2009.06.24 EV Atlanta GA
2012.07.04 Berlin DE, 2012.07.10 Copenhage DK, 2012.11.30 EV Ft. Lauderdale FL, 2012.12.01 EV Ft. Lauderdale FL
2017.06.07 EV London UK
2022.06.23 Zürich CH
Monkey Wrench

Message(s) : 1179

Message par dirtyfranck » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 3:48 am

Pour l'instant :

1. Oceans
2. Severed Hand
3. Save You
4. God's Dice
5. Given to Fly
6. Faithful
7. Unemployable
8. Sad
9. Dissident
10. Who you Are :prie:
11. Evenflow
12. Low Light

First "Who You Are" since March 9, 1998 .... putain 10 ans !!!
dirtyfranck

Message(s) : 645

Message par dirtyfranck » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 6:20 am

Soundchecks : Who You Are, Light Years, Blood, Present Tense, Save You

Kings of Leon : black thumbnail, taper jean girl, king of the rodeo, my party, fans, mollys chambers,the bucket, milk, 4 kix, on call, mcfearless, charmer

Main Set : Oceans, Severed Hand, Save You, God's dice, Given to Fly, Faithful, Unemployable, Sad, Dissident, Who You Are, Even flow, Low Light, Gone, Grievance, Glorified G, Do the Evolution, Why Go
Encore 1: Inside Job, Betterman, Comatose, RearviewMirror
Encore 2 : Everywhere I go, It Rains On Me (Tom Waits), No More, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter (Star Spangled Banner tag)
dirtyfranck

Message(s) : 645

Message par math » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 7:07 am

dirtyfranck a écrit :Soundchecks : Who You Are, Light Years, Blood, Present Tense, Save You

Kings of Leon : black thumbnail, taper jean girl, king of the rodeo, my party, fans, mollys chambers,the bucket, milk, 4 kix, on call, mcfearless, charmer

Main Set : Oceans, Severed Hand, Save You, God's dice, Given to Fly, Faithful, Unemployable, Sad, Dissident, Who You Are, Even flow, Low Light, Gone, Grievance, Glorified G, Do the Evolution, Why Go
Encore 1: Inside Job, Betterman, Comatose, RearviewMirror
Encore 2 : Everywhere I go, It Rains On Me (Tom Waits), No More, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter (Star Spangled Banner tag)

Moi ca ne m'aurait pas déplu comme set list!!!!!

L'enchainement Betterman, Comatose, RearviewMirror ca devait valoir son pesant de cacahuètes. :core: :core: :core:
math

Message(s) : 908

Message par thefrenchconnection » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 7:10 am

thefrenchconnection

Message(s) : 5125

Message par Raoul » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 7:15 am

Who you are et du binaural :D
Raoul

Message par Mookie Blaylock » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 8:10 am

dirtyfranck a écrit :First "Who You Are" since March 9, 1998 .... putain 10 ans !!!

Y a pas longtemps quelqu'un m'affirmait qu'il ne la jouerai plus jamais. :wink:
Mookie Blaylock

Message(s) : 5451

Message par mike baroud » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 8:52 am

HO HO HO le poster immonde

HA HA HA les t shirts immondes aussi

c'est cool, au moins pj change pas son fusil d'epaule facilement ... :roll:
http://www.riverandroads.com/

If I can ask one thing when I am dead 
would you lay me down by the river bed? 
let me wash away 
let it take me back from where I came 
all I am and all I was is just 
blood and dirt and bones and mud 
and I'm better off that way 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message(s) : 11083

Message par yoyo » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 9:06 am

classe comme setlist ... le retour who you are enorme ...
Liam, 25 septembre 2012 / Aimy-Sarah, 11 mars 2008 / Juliette, 23 octobre 2005
1996 : Paris
2000 : Paris
2006 : Anvers, Marseille, Paris
2007 : Londres, Nimègue, Werchter
2008 : Ed solo : Los Angeles 1, Los Angeles 2
2009 : Londres
2010 : Dublin, Arras
2012 : Amsterdam 1, Arras, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhague
2014 : Milan
2017 : Ed solo : Amsterdam 1
2018 : Rome
2020 : Paris, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2
yoyo

Message(s) : 7514

Message par dvi2702 » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 9:07 am

prl a écrit :
cardoso a écrit :
ZLM a écrit :vídeo! epá brutal!

como que esse cara consegue postar???

telemóvel com upload directo para o site...

Et donc on pouvait suivre (presque) tout ça à partir de la : http://spin.com/pearl-jam-tour

:arrow: Raté !
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Message par nighthawk » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 9:14 am

dirtyfranck a écrit : It Rains On Me (Tom Waits)

raaaah les enculés !! ils m'ont piqué ma chanson... :roll:
nighthawk

Message(s) : 1650

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 9:51 am

géniale la setlist (je n'avais rien dit pour Who You Are...)
:bb: Jeremy est né le 28.04.06 et Fanny le 17.07.09 :bb:
Olikatie

Message(s) : 17466

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 9:56 am

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/cont ... _come.html

Pearl Jam Come "Alive" at Cruzan Amphitheatre

The first show of Pearl Jam's summer tour was nearly over, and, given the solid, invigorating chemistry of the band and the giddy emotional response of the crowd, appeared to be a resounding success. Still, it wasn't exactly the experience they thought it'd be.

"We came all the way from...Seattle, and we (thought there would be) sunshine," lead singer Eddie Vedder said, from under a now-still South Florida sky that had, hours before, been wet and gray. "But we get down here and it starts pissing on us like God had a hangover."

Oh, well. Maybe they play better when, to quote the refrain of the Tom Waits song Vedder led the crowd in, it's "Raining On Me," and if that's the case you can just bring on the umbrellas and the galoshes, because Pearl Jam's Cruzan Amphitheatre kick-off to their 12-date tour was astonishing. Seriously. No fuss, no fancy technical hoo-hah, no special surprise guest or over-the-top sleight of hand. Just straight-ahead, passionate rock that's all about passion — about the human condition, the presence of war, the precariousness of happiness and our ability to either embrace or shatter that happiness.

The nearly two-hour affair was everything that an opening date ought to be. The band sounded fresh and vibrant and the sell-out crowd was in a persistent state of anticipation, rising to their feet from the first song and remaining there until guitarist Mike McCready's Hendrix-esque "Star-Spangled Banner" solo blisteringly capped the emotional encore.

The inclusion of the National Anthem was, presumably, more than a nod to guitar legends past. Famously politically motivated, Pearl Jam encouraged their fans to vote ("Florida has got to vote," Vedder insisted), and the lead singer quietly but powerfully commented on the war in Iraq during the solo acoustic "No More," from the band's upcoming ninth studio album.

"Thank you from keeping us from having a crash landing," said Vedder, swathed in a familiar flannel shirt and a trucker's cap — "I came here looking like I was from the Pacific Northwest and now I look like Larry the...Cable Guy," he joked. "After two days in Florida. Be warned — it can happen to you."

The evening borrowed liberally from all parts of Pearl Jam's nearly 20-year history, but included quite a few songs from their debut "Ten," as well as rarely-heard bits like the stirring "Who We Are," which apparently had not been done live in a decade. That particular song, from 1996's "No Code," crackled with crisp percussion from drummer Matt Cameron that recalled a Civil War-era hymn.

The luscious hush of "Who We Are" blended well with the crunch of "Severed Hand," the chorus of staccato "oohs" in the mournful "Unemployable" and the disturbingly powerful "Alive." That's because whether Vedder wraps his throaty bellow around the fast torrent of words in "Even Flow" or a slow, gorgeously measured piece like the encore's "Yellow Leadbetter," he does so with the same urgency, as if he'd be willing to rip his own guts out to tell his story.

Not that the still scruffily handsome Vedder relies only on his voice to make a statement — he has one of the most distinctive physical performance styles since Joe Cocker's awkwardly soulful body tilt. Vedder shakes, kneels and, most famously, wraps both hands around the microphone and leans into it intensely. There's an electric symbiotic between him and the rest of the band, and, in turn, with the audience.

"We haven't played this one in a while," Vedder said, introducing "Better Man," an unlikely radio hit about a woman settling for an unhappy relationship. "I hope I remember it."

He did, but even if he hadn't, the throng of thousands wasn't going to let him forget it. And so it was for the better part of two hours, through songs mainstream and less known, through those uplifting ("Oceans") and devastating ("Why Go"). When Pearl Jam finally left the stage, the air was still anticipatory, even though there was nothing to look forward to but the fight through the crowd and a long drive home. Like the best of shows, it kept you wanting more.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 0362.story

Pearl Jam rocks night away with passion, energy and an air of intense engagement

WEST PALM BEACH - The old tug of war between Pearl Jam and its audience pitted a band preaching peace and activism against a concert crowd that wanted to drink beer, rock out and support the troops.

That tension was strongest when the Seattle quintet played here early in the Bush Administration, with actual war – in Afghanistan and Iraq – dominating the national discourse. Singer Eddie Vedder's confrontational style of objection wasn't especially well-received on that occasion.

The discord didn't stop Pearl Jam from putting on a worthwhile show, but the music had to compete all night with current events. Now that most of the country has soured on the Iraq campaign, Pearl Jam returns to the road not exactly vindicated, but absolutely less distracted by politics and freer to concentrate on being one of the biggest, best rock bands on the planent.

At Wednesday's sold-out show at Cruzan Amphiteatre west of West Palm Beach, the kickoff of a new tour, Pearl Jam played as always with passion and an air of intense engagement. The band also brought an extra measure of opening-night energy that helped make this performance one of their best in South Florida.

Pearl Jam hasn't sounded this strong, this absorbed in the pleasures of its music, since a show at Fort Lauderdale Stadium a decade ago, when the band was trying to prove another point – that they didn't much like dealing with Ticketmaster. Back then, Pearl Jam bore down on the music because everything else about their tour of venues off Ticketmaster's grid seemed to be going badly.

On Wednesday, Pearl Jam opened in slow motion, with the shimmering chords and elongated notes ofOcean, as if unfolding themselves deliberately for the two hours of work that lay ahead. What followed was an all-encompassing set of hits and mainstays, and the resurrection of at least one track long absent from the band's live repertoire.

Who You Are, with its sitar-like theme and Asian-accented rhythm, was never as groundbreaking as it meant to be when Pearl Jam rolled it out as a radio single -- which may explain its subsequent disappearance from concerts. But there it was again, its syncopated lines sounding more graceful and inter-connected, and less like broken pieces of an experiment in world music. It was a reminder that Pearl Jam hasn't plateaued as a performing band, or stopped looking for new possibilities in old songs.

In one number, Vedder's whispered falsetto and a laid-back, almost bossa-nova lilt erupted into a full-blown fever of power chords and screams, and then sailing back to its quiet beginnings. If that sounds about like the arc of a sexual encounter, well, Pearl Jam wouldn't be the first band to make an erotic metaphor out of the soft-loud-soft song progression.

The set moved briskly through the band's whole catalogue, pulling songs from older and newer albums alike. "Dissident, Glorified G, Given to Fly, Love Boat Captain and Even Flow, among others, felt well-placed in the evening's time line. When the band got to Alive, arguably its signature anthem, the crowd was so involved and affectionate it all but smothered Vedder's voice with its own heady verses and choruses.

Throughout the band struck an attractive balance between its various elements – alternative, arena, grunge, punk, jam and classic-rock revival. With grunge, an invention of Seattle bands, having lumbered off to the man-rock pastures of Nickelback and Creed, Pearl Jam has charted its own course as an embodiment of many different sounds.

And it hasn't abandoned politicking. Guitarist Mike McCready closed the show with The Star-Spangled Banner, the same distortion-soaked, bomb-tossing version that Jimi Hendrix played as his critique of another unpopular American war.
Olikatie

Message par strummer » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 10:04 am

le beau cabas pearl jam pour aller faire ses courses, la set-list est bien du binaural et who you are joué par l'imposteur matt cameron :mrgreen:
paris marseille barcelone vérone berne londres dusseldorf munich berlin los angeles los angeles londres manchester dublin belfast stockholm manchester milan
strummer

Message(s) : 9354

Message par Jezus » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 10:10 am

Curieux d'entendre Who You Are, mais si c'est comme pour In My Tree, ça va me gonfler...
07/11/1996 : Paris
08/06/2000 : Paris
01/09/2006 : Barcelona - 09/09/2006 : Massilia - 11/09/2006 : Paris - 19/09/2006 : Torino - 25/09/2006 : Wien
18/06/2007 : London
03/07/2010 : Arras
29/06/2012 : Werchter - 04/07/2012 : Berlin - 05/07/2012 : Berlin
18/06/2018 : London - 05/07/2018 : Berlin - 10/07/2018 : Barcelona - 17/07/2018 : London
17/07/2022 : Paris - 25/07/2022 : Amsterdam
Jezus

Message(s) : 5187

Message par yoyo » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 10:13 am

Jezus a écrit :Curieux d'entendre Who You Are, mais si c'est comme pour In My Tree, ça va me gonfler...

Idem .... La nouvelle in my tree est pas trop mal, mais très très loin de l'original !!!
Liam, 25 septembre 2012 / Aimy-Sarah, 11 mars 2008 / Juliette, 23 octobre 2005
1996 : Paris
2000 : Paris
2006 : Anvers, Marseille, Paris
2007 : Londres, Nimègue, Werchter
2008 : Ed solo : Los Angeles 1, Los Angeles 2
2009 : Londres
2010 : Dublin, Arras
2012 : Amsterdam 1, Arras, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhague
2014 : Milan
2017 : Ed solo : Amsterdam 1
2018 : Rome
2020 : Paris, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2
yoyo

Message(s) : 7514

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 10:24 am

Better Man

RVM

Even Flow

Glorified G

Dissident

Given To Fly
Olikatie

Message par nighthawk » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 10:29 am

Olikatie a écrit : "No More," from the band's upcoming ninth studio album.

j'espère que c'est encore un journaliste qui raconte n'importe quoi..... :?
nighthawk

Message(s) : 1650

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 10:30 am

Just got back after about an hour and a half drive from WPB after seeing the show. Two hours of driving tomorrow for Tampa, and I couldn't be more pumped after tonight.

With a 10C number in the 244's, we ended up with seats dead center in section 2, row V, about 20 or so rows back I guess. Probably the best seats I've had, other than the VFC show in Kissimmee in 2004.

No Ed preset, sadly. Kings of Leon were great, though, so it was well worth getting there right at 6 when the doors opened. The crowd was very supportive, more so than for most of the PJ openers I've seen. A lot of people in their seats early, which Ed commented on and thanked the crowd for later.

PJ came out, and it just felt like Oceans was coming. There was a terrible false start, but I couldn't tell who messed it up. Ed gave another countdown, and then they banged out a brilliant rendition. I was pumped from the first note, because his voice sounded as good as I've heard it (though I haven't been to any of the "legendary" shows in the 7 or 8 times I've seen the boys live).

They blasted through Severed Hand, Save You and God's Dice. I started to get the sense that this crowd was way above average for a Florida crowd. Ed greeted everybody, and talked about coming down from Seattle to find the sunshine, and all they got yesterday was thunderstorms. He said that in the two hours they practiced on Tuesday, there were some 1900 lightning strikes in the area. He then said something like "this is what our music sounds like with lightning" and then went into a solid GTF.

Faithfull and Unemployable were solid as well. At one point Ed donned a camo trucker's hat, not sure where it came from. He talked about Olivia, who apparently had her birthday today. She and Ed's wife were sidestage, and Olivia was quite active over there, several times looking like she was about to take off for center stage.

The first few notes of Sad popped out, and the concert really hit its stride. Sad was followed by an excellent Dissident, and then, WHO YOU ARE! I couldn't believe it. Not only did they play it for the first time in over a decade, but it was an extended version, and the guys nailed it.

I'll let you guys check out the rest of the setlist yourself, but here are a few more notes:

-Ed seemed to really enjoy the crowd tonight. There were lots of spontaneous clapping sessions from the crowd, spontaneous singalongs, etc.
-Boom wasn't featured much at all. No Crazy Mary, no LBC, and he wasn't loud enough to really hear during Inside Job. Ed named all the guys at the end of the night before YL, and I think he almost forgot to include Boom.
-Really tight show for a tour opener, once they got past the complete flubbing of Oceans.
-Average amount of Ed chatter. In addition to the things I mentioned before, he talked about how the trucker hat made him look like Larry the Cable Guy.
-Not overtly political outside of the inclusion of No More in the setlist. The crowd didn't sing much, but it could just be that it's a new song. Those of us who knew the words (or picked up the chorus during the song) did our best to sing, but it was kinda rough.
-Ed thanked the crowd before YL, and somehow ended up on a tangent about registering to vote and how important Florida would be this year, and then kinda apologized and said "I just wanted to say thank you."
-The Tom Waits cover was pretty cool, a nice singalong.
-The main set felt really short. Seemed like the encores were just average in length, so obviously we ended up with a short setlist overall.
-Not having seen the last tour, I was disappointed to see that they've ditched the lights for Inside Job. It was still very cool, but not as cool as what I've seen on youtube from last time.
Olikatie

Message par thefrenchconnection » Jeu Juin 12, 2008 11:54 am

The good thing is that poster buyers get a special wristband so they can pick up the posters after the show - really smart solution
thefrenchconnection

Message(s) : 5125

PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers Alive 2008