Found In Translation - Decoding South American Vedderese

Infos, news, rumeurs, photos, divers, etc.

Found In Translation - Decoding South American Vedderese

Message par Palavas » Dim Fév 26, 2006 12:58 pm

by Rolando Ruiz, Reinaldo Mendes, Drauz Reis and John Reynolds
February 21, 2006

Pearl Jam are five members who together use their musical acumen to create a concert experience that, to fans, is one of their greatest assets. And when it comes to addressing the crowd at these events, Ed is clearly the host, spokesman, emcee and ringmaster. Ed has addressed such topics onstage as crowdsurfing and Presidential politics.

He's done this, though, mostly - but not entirely - in English. Ed's wit and sincerity on stage is the Krazy Glue that bonds fans to PJ, and the casual fan would think that this hasn't extended to other countries. Ed has addressed foreign fans in their native languages as early as 1992, and the practice has existed through tours of Europe in 1996 and 2000, and most recently the tour of Chile, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico in November/December 2005.

Ed's speeches didn't just end at "hi" and "thanks", but there was so much earnest effort into his multi-sentence speeches, that he often quieted some of PJ's loudest audiences to date to the point where you could hear a pin drop. The local feel given to these shows was unmatched, and we asked local fans Rolando Ruiz, Reinaldo Mendes and Drauz Reis to elaborate on what it meant to hear their favorite band address and bond with the crowd in their native languages.

"The Brazilians shows were the most amazing Pearl Jam experience I've ever had, mainly due to the fact that I could meet many other Brazilians fans just like me, the band showed heartfelt regret concerning their 15-year absence from Brazil, and the passionate and charismatic way that Ed treated us fans. With regard to Ed addressing us in Portuguese, I don't know of any other foreign rock 'n roll band in the history of Brazilian's concerts that has come out with various and full speeches in Portuguese. Believe me, Ed's and Pearl Jam's list of fans in Brazil has increased abruptly since these shows."
- Drauz Reis
Salvador, Bahia, Brazil

"No artist at concerts in Monterrey ever said more than "Gracias, Monterrey". It is a very special feeling having Ed talking to local fans in Spanish, because you feel closer to the band. We really appreciate Ed's effort and feel we are part of the big Pearl Jam family along with the fans in English speaking languages. Ed took us by surprise with native slang like the Monterrey's "Que Onda?" or the Santo remarks at the Mexico City shows, making us realize that he actually does a little research to try to connect with us, and that is something to appreciate and to keep in your heart forever. Pearl Jam playing Mexico is like having an old friend visiting your house after a long, long separation. You can imagine how proud we felt to have Ed singing in Spanish. That's the kind of magic that good chemistry between the band and the audience can spark. I don't think any other band can match that, for starters, because Pearl Jam did it first."
- Rolando Ruiz
Monterrey, Mexico

"To finally attend a Pearl Jam show, in my country, in my hometown, with my wife, side by side with the friends I met because of the band was simply the greatest experience I've ever had in my entire life. Brasilian fans dreamed about this day so many times. We knew Eddie would try some Portuguese, but we never thought he would say more than the usual: "oi" or "olá" (hello), "obrigado" (thank you), or "e aí?!" (what's up?!). When he started saying full "speeches" - even when it was difficult for him to pronounce the words - it was amazing. We've seen many bands try to communicate with us in Portuguese, but we never saw so much dedication and respect for us. It was really touching. Two moments were very meaningful: Stone wearing the Restless Souls t-shirt we gave to them in Porto Alegre and Eddie in Rio De Janiero wrapped in the Brazilian flag which was signed by fans across Brasil and saying he would keep it in his home. Unforgettable!"
- Reinaldo Mendes
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

To commemorate this short but long-overdue tour, we've asked Reinaldo, Drauz and Rolando to assist the monolingual TwoFeetThick.com team in translating Ed's stage banter from this tour. Below you will find the transcriptions in the native language, followed by the translations provided by Rolando, Reinaldo and Drauz. ¡Goce por favor! and Aprecíe por favor!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nov. 22, 2005 - Santiago, Chile
Transcription / Translation by Rolando Ruiz

Before "Hail, Hail":

Spanish: Hola, ¿cómo estas? ¿qué tal? Hola, estamos muy agradecidos de estar en Chile esta noche - por fin! Gracias, thanks for inviting us. Gracias, y por favor cuidense mucho, gracias.
English: Hello, how you doing? Cheers, hello, we're very thankful to be in Chile tonight - at last! Gracias, thanks for inviting us. Thanks for inviting us, and please take care of each other, thanks.

Before "Lukin":

Spanish: Por favor, agradezcan a otro grupo de Seattle por tocar esta noche con nosotros - Mudhoney.
English: Please thank another Seattle band for playing with us tonight - Mudhoney. (In English: ) And one guy who couldn't be here his name is Matt Lukin, this song is about him.

Nov. 23, 2005 - Santiago, Chile

Before "Even Flow":

Spanish: "Hola Santiago, gracias. A toast - vino de Chile, si - a gift. Son un publico bacan**. Es muy emocionante saber que podemos venire a Chile y no hacer un solo concierto, sino dos. Nos sentimos honrados de tener tanta gente que nos viene a ver tocar y por lo que podemos decir son todos muy buenas personas. Gracias!
English: Hello, Santiago, thank you! A toast ... wine from Chile, yeah ... a gift! You are a cool audience. It's very exciting to know that we can come to Chile and do not only one show, but two. We're honored by having so many people to come and watch us play, and we can say you all are very good people. Thank you! This song is called "Even Flow"
** - "bacan" is a localism which means "cool", "great", "fantastic"

Before "Rockin in the Free World":

Spanish: Gracias de Nuevo y esperamos regresar antes de 15 años la próxima vez. Y les deseamos la major de las vidas y gracias por darnos un recuerdo que guardemos para siempre. Gracias!
English: Thank you again and we hope to be back before 15 years next time. And we wish you the best of life and thank you for giving us this memory that we will keep forever. Thank you!

"And uh, is it ok if I speak English. I can't ... It's hard for me to speak Spanish when I'm drunk, you'd understand."
- Ed in Monterrey, Mexico

Nov. 25, 2005 - Buenos Aires, ARG

Following "Animal":

Spanish: Cheers! Hola, Buenos Aires, como estan? Estamos muy contentos de haber llegado a Argentina. Y gracias por esperarnos. Y queremos saludar a los vecinos de Ferro y pedirles perdón, pero esta noche no podemos bajar el volumen.
English: Cheers! Hello, Buenos Aires, how are you? We're happy to make it to Argentina, thanks for waiting for us. We would like greet the neighbors at Ferro and ask for forgiveness, (Ed and audience chant) but tonight we can't bring down the volume.

Before "Once":

Spanish: Esta canción se llama "Once" .
English: This song is called "Once".

Sung at the end of "Not For You", similar to "Modern Girl" tag from Canada/US 2005:

Spanish: Gracias, por esperarnos ... e-esperarnos.
English: Thank you, for waiting for us ... waiting for us.

Returning from the first Encore Break:

Spanish: La primera vez que estuve en Buenos Aires fue hace 7 años con Los Ramones. hace un año la humanidad perdió a un gran hombre, Johnny Ramone. Para un gran amigo dedicamos esta canción.
English: The first time I've been in Buenos Aires was 7 years ago with The Ramones. It's been a year now since humanity lost a great man, Johnny Ramone. We dedicate this song to our great friend.

Nov. 26, 2005 - Buenos Aires, ARG

After "Animal":

Spanish: El concierto de anoche fue uno de los más memorables en nuestra vida - es verdad. La gente de Argentina ha sido fantástica con nosotros y no nos queremos ir
English: Last night show was one of the memorable ones of our lives - it's true. People in Argentina has been fantastic with us and we don't want to leave.

Before "Love Boat Captain":

Spanish: Sabemos que un año atras muchos de ustedes perdieron a varios amigos en un concierto trágico** - nosotros también pasamos por eso. Les dedicamos esta canción a los que ya no estan y también a los que sobrevivieron. Esta canción es "Love Boat Captain."
English: We know that last year a lot of you lost many friends at a tragic concert** - we went through that too. We dedicate this song to all those who are not here and to the survivors as well. This is "Love Boat Captain."
** - On December 30, 2004, 194 people where killed during a Callejeros (local band) concert when someone lit a fire-work that hit cloth hanging below the roof causing a deadly fire

Before "I Believe In Miracles":

Spanish: La primera vez que uno de mis mejores amigos murió fué el año pasado, ustedes también lo conocen, su nombre era Johnny Ramone. Lo extraño todos los dias y hoy le dedicamos esta canción.
English: The first time that one of my best friends died was last year, you know him too, his name was Johnny Ramone. I miss him every day and today we dedicate this song to him.

Nov. 28, 2005 - Porto Allegre, BRA
Transcription / Translation by Reinaldo Mendes

After "Jeremy":

Portuguese: Sentimos muita sorte que vocês esperaram tantos anos por nós. Bem-vindo ao nosso primeiro show neste grande país do Brasil. Estamos muito felizes.
English: We feel very lucky that you all waited so many years for us. Welcome to our first show in this big country of Brazil. We are very happy.

Portuguese: A primeira vez que estive no Brasil foi seis anos atrás com The Ramones. Em setembro perdi um bom amigo e eu sei que vocês amavam ele também: Johnny Ramone. Esta música é para ele.
English: The first time that I was in Brazil was six years ago with The Ramones. In September, I lost a good friend - and I know that you loved him too - Johnny Ramone. This song is for him.

Returning from the Second Encore Break, before "Elderly Woman ...":

Portuguese: Em uma... em uma... em uma palavra é difícil (???). Obrigado por nos dar uma linda noite para lembrar. Our first night in Brazil. We're going to play a couple more than usual tonight. 1-2-3-4-2-3...
English: In a... in a ... in a word, thank you for giving us a beautiful night to remember. Our first night in Brazil. We're going to play a couple more than usual tonight. 1-2-3-4-2-3...

Crowd sings "Happy Birthday" to Matt:

Portuguese: (Interpreter:) Galera, o Eddie quer que vocês cantem parabéns em português para o Matt, vamos aí: 1, 2, 3... (Crowd sings). (Matt:) Muito obrigado, meus amigos do Brasil!
English: (Interpreter:) People, Eddie wants you to sing "Happy Birthday" for Matt in Portuguese, let's go: 1, 2, 3... (Matt:) Thank you very much, my friends from Brazil!

Nov. 30, 2005 - Curitiba, BRA
Transcription / Translation by Reinaldo Mendes

Before "Even Flow":

Portuguese: Anos atrás eles tiraram as pedras daqui. Vamos tentar botá-las de volta. This song is "Even Flow".
English: Years ago they took the rocks away from here. We will try to put them back. This song is "Even Flow".

Portuguese: Todos os dias eu penso num amigo... meu amigo que faleceu um ano atrás. Ele se chamava Johnny Ramone. Me ajudem a cantar para ele.
English: Everyday I think of a friend... my friend who died one year ago. He was called Johnny Ramone. Help me sing to him.

Returning from the Second Encore Break:

Portuguese: How can we leave? We cannot leave! May I try it again, to say something to you? Faz... Faz? Faz! Quinze anos que somos uma banda e tocar no Brasil é uma das coisas melhores que nos aconteceram. Obrigado por esperar! Voltaremos quando vocês quiserem? Sim!
English: How can we leave? We cannot leave! May I try it again, to say something to you? We have... have?... have(!) been a band for 15 years and playing in Brazil is one of the best things that has happened to us. Thank you for waiting! We will be back when you want? Yes!

Before "Yellow Ledbetter":

Portuguese: Há um jovem daqui que sobreviveu a um acidente de carro. Estamos muito felizes que ele está vivo. Eu conheci ele e quero que vocês conheçam ele também. Ele se chama Leandro**. Esta música é para ele.
English: There's a young man here that survived a car accident. We are very happy he is alive. I met him and I want you to meet him too. His name is Leandro** (crowd chants "Le-an-dro!"). This song is for him.
** There was a man named Leandro in a wheel chair watching the show from the side of the stage, with PJ staff and his mother. During "Alive" Ed pointed to him while singing the line "you're still alive". People said he had a Pearl Jam cover band, and he was the only survivor of the car accident. Ed sat beside him singing and Mike played the solo of "Yellow Ledbetter" in front of him. We were all touched at this point of the show and many of us were crying. Another very special moment of the tour indeed. - Reinaldo Mendes.

Dec. 2, 2005 - Sao Paolo, BRA
Transcription / Translation by Drauz Reis

After "Animal":

Portuguese: Oi São Paulo! Oi...São Paulo esperamos anos para ver todos vocês e vocês uma cara fantástica. I'm glad it's a little early, so we can see you with the light. It's beautiful, thank you. E temos chuvas e nuvens como em Seattle. Por favor, cuidem bem um do outro.
English: Hi São Paulo! Hi... We've waited years to see all of you in São Paulo and you have fantastic faces. I'm glad it's a little early, so we can see you with the light. It's beautiful, thank you. And you have rain and clouds just like Seattle. Please, take care each other.

Returning from the first Encore break:

Portuguese: Está música é sobre um bom amigo meu que faleceu ano passado. O nome dele era Johnny Ramone. Eu... Eu sinto muita saudade dele.
English: This song is about a good friend of mine who died last years. His name was Johnny Ramone. I... I miss him so much.

Returning from the second Encore break:

Portuguese: Durante anos em nossos shows ficamos impressionados quando víamos bandeiras do Brasil. Em muitos shows vimos brasileiros no público. É maravilhoso finalmente tocar para todos os brasileiros.
English: During years in our shows we're amazed to see so many Brazilian flags. We met so many Brazilians fans in public. It's wonderful to finally play to all Brazilians.

Dec. 3, 2005 - Sao Paolo, BRA

Before "Given To Fly":

Portuguese: Então isto é um sábado à noite em São Paulo. Finalmente estamos no Brasil e tem tantos de vocês. Obrigado por esperar! Agora nos perguntamos porque não vimos antes? Que porra estávamos pensando?
English: So it is Saturday night in São Paulo. We're finally in Brazil and there are so many of you here. Thank you for waiting! Now we ask ourselves why didn't we come before? What the fuck we're thinking?

Portuguese: A... A primeira vez que estive em São Paulo foi a sete anos atrás. Vim acompanhando o Ramones. ("Hey Ho, Let's Go" chant) Sentimos saudades do Dee Dee, Joey e Johnny. Eu sei que eles amavam o Brasil.
English: The... The first time I've been in Brazil was seven years ago. I came with The Ramones. ("Hey Ho, Let's Go" chant) We miss Dee Dee, Joey and Johnny. I know they loved Brazil.

Before "Kick Out The Jams":

Portuguese: Gostaria de apresentar dois integrantes do grande Mudhoney.... Dr. Mark gostaria de ler algo muito importante.
English: I'd like to introduce two members of the great Mudhoney... Dr. Mark would like to read something very important.

Returning from the Second Encore Break:

Portuguese: Um mais? Dois mais? Três mais?
English: One more? Two more? Three more?

Dec. 4, 2005 - Rio De Janiero, BRA
Concert Chronology entry

After "Animal":

Portuguese: Alô, Alô Rio de Janeiro. (???) Oi, Oi, Oi. Esta é nossa última noite no Brasil. Vamos tentar fazê-la a melhor. Então as escolas de samba desfilam aqui. Hoje o rock de Seattle vai desfilar, desfilar com Mudhoney. Cuidem bem um dos outros. Por favor!
English: Hello, Hello Rio de Janeiro. (???) Hi, Hi, Hi. This is our last night in Brazil. Let's try to make it the best. So the schools of samba parade here. Today the rock from Seattle will parade, parade with Mudhoney. Take care of each other. Please!

Portuguese: Obrigado! Vamos dar as bem vindas ao palco para o grande Mudhoney. O senhor Steve Turner e o Sr. Mark Arm têm uma mensagem importante para vocês. Mark tem uma mensagem importante para vocês.
English: Thanks! Let's welcome to stage the great Mudhoney. Mr. Steve Turner and Mr. Mark Arm have an important message to you. Mark has an important message to you.

Dec. 7 Monterrey, MEX

Opening the show:

Spanish: Que onda, Monterrey?
English: How's it going, Monterrey?

Before "Given To Fly":

Spanish: Hola Monterrey, ¿cómo estan?... nosotros estamos contentos. And uh, is it ok if I speak English. I can't ... It's hard for me to speak Spanish when I'm drunk, you'd understand. We've been a band for 15 years and it's very nice for us to come to a place that we've never been before. And this is a little different setting than the places that we've played on this tour, so we're going to play a little differently and play some different songs. And again, we thank you for ... we've come a long way and thank you for coming however far you've gotten to be here tonight in Monterrey.
English: Hello Monterrey, how are you?. We're very happy! And uh, is it ok if I speak English. I can't ... It's hard for me to speak spanish when I'm drunk, you'd understand. We've been a band for 15 years and it's very nice for us to come to a place that we've never been before. And this is a little different setting than the places that we've played on this tour, so we're going to play a little differently and play some different songs. And again, we thank you for ... we've come a long way and thank you for coming however far you've gotten to be here tonight in Monterrey.

"It's O.K." tag during "Daughter":

Spanish: "Esta bien... tu ya no te tienes que esconder
esta bien... sabes que te quiero como ayer
este soy yo... esta es mi vida... esta es mi oportunidad
este soy yo... tal vez no tenga nada
este es mi juego... esta es mi voz
y nada alla se queda aqui y nada alla se queda aqui
y nada alla se queda aqui y nada alla se queda aqui
English: It's O.K. - you don't have to run and hide away
It's O.K - you know that I love you anyway
This is me, this is my life, this is my chance
This is me, I may not have anything
This is my game, this is my voice
And nothing from there stays here
... and nothing from there stays here
And nothing from there stays here
... and nothing from there stays here...

Lost In Translation

Online translation tools like Google Languate Tools and FreeTranslation.com try their best to capture the meaning of translations in many languages. Sometimes they succeed, but other times the translation leaves something to be desired. Let's take a look at what Ed said at the first Mexico City show and how these translation sites handled it:
Spanish: México, estamos de regreso! Los extrañamos - si, es verdad. Todo sudamérica les da las gracias, porque fue el show de México lo que nos inspiró a esta gira... y terminamos ahora... no, y aqui terminamos la gira ahora para darles las gracias...
TwoFeetThick: Mexico, we're back! We missed you - yes, it's true. All of South America thanks you, because the Mexico shows (from 2003) were what inspired us to make this tour. And now we are finishing... and here is where we end the tour to thank you!
Google: Mexico, we are of return! We surprised them - if, it is truth. All South America gives thanks, because which was the show of Mexico inspired us to this tour... and we finished now... no, and aqui them we finished the tour to thank now to them...
FreeTranslation.com: Mexico, we are of return! We miss them - if, is true. Every South America gives the thanks, because was the show of Mexico what inspired us to this tour... and we finish now... not, and aqui we finish the tour now to give them the thanks..
Dec. 9, 2005 - Mexico City, MEX
Concert Chronology entry

Before "Given To Fly":

Spanish: México, estamos de regreso! Los extrañamos - si, es verdad. Todo sudamérica les da las gracias, porque fue el show de México lo que nos inspiró a esta gira... y terminamos ahora... no, y aqui terminamos la gira ahora para darles las gracias!
English: Mexico, we're back! We missed you - yes, it's true. All of South America thanks you, because the Mexico shows (from 2003) were what inspired us to make this tour. And now we are finishing... and here is where we end the tour to thank you!

Before "I Am Mine":

Spanish: Esta canción... "I Am Mine".
English: This song... "I Am Mine".

Spanish: Esta bien - tu ya no te tienes que esconder
Esta bien - sabes que te quiero como ayer
Esta bien - tu ya no te tienes que esconder
Esta bien - quiero como, como ayer
Este soy yo, esta es mi vida, esta es mi oportunidad, este soy yo,
este es mi (?), tal vez no hay mañana no
este es mi juego, este es mi voz y nadie se queda aqui
Esta bien - tu ya no te tienes que esconder
Esta bien! esta bien! esta bien! esta bien!
Muchas gracias...
English: It's O.K. - you don't have run and hide away
It's O.K. - you know I love you anyway
It's O.K. - you don't have run and hide away
This is me, this is my life
This is my chance, this is me,
There'll be no tomorrow, no...
This is my game, this is my voice and no one stays here...
It's O.K. - you don't have to run and hide away
It's O.K.! It's O.K.! It's O.K.! It's O.K.!
Thanks a lot...

Returning from Second Encore Break, before "Kick Out The Jams":

Spanish: Mexico City, gracias... gracias. Por favor, demos la bienvenida al escenario a dos hombres que han conocido a Stone y Jeff mas que nadie... de la banda Green River y ahora Mudhoney, el señor Steve Turner y el grande señor Mark... el señor Mark tiene algo importante que decir..."
English: Mexico City, thank you, thank you. Please, let's welcome to the stage two guys that know Stone and Jeff longer than anyone. From the band Green River and now Mudhoney, Mr. Steve Turner and the great Mark Arm. Mr Mark has something to say."

Before "Alive":

Spanish: Amigos, quiero presentarles a un miembro de nuestro staff Jeff Ousley ... su abuela cumple 102 años el dia de hoy... Mexico cantemos las mañanitas a Gertrude... ¿si?
English: Friends, I would like to introduce a member of our staff, Jeff Ousley ... today his grandmother's 102nd birthday. Mexico, let's sing the "mañanitas" (Mexican happy birthday) to Gertrude. O.K.?

After "Alive":

Spanish: Gracias, señor Santo ++.
English: Thank you Mr. Santo ++.
++ More info on Ed and Santo in this article and the Concert Chronology entry

At show's close:

Spanish: Gracias Mexico... perfecto!
English: Gracias Mexico... perfect!

[/b]Dec. 10, 2005 - Mexico City, MEX[/b]

Before "Given To Fly":

Spanish: Buenas noches Ciudad de México. éste es nuestro último show de la gira... Hemos guardado lo mejor para el final. La noche pasada fue inc magnífico... estuvo mucho mejor de lo que recordábamos... el concierto estuvo de huevos... hagámoslo otra vez.
English: Good evening, Mexico City. This is our last show of the tour. We have saved the best for the last. Last night was magnificent - it was better than we remembered. The show was "kick ass" ("huevos" is local Spanish slang meaning that it was "real good"). Let's do it again...

Spanish: Esta bien... tu ya no te tienes que esconder
Esta bien... sabes que te quiero como ayer
Este soy yo, esta es mi vida, esta es mi oportunidad, este soy yo
este es mi vals, tal vez no hay mañana no
este es mi juego, este es mi vals y nadie se queda aqui
este es mi juego, este es mi vals y nadie alla se queda aqui
Esta bien... tu ya no te tienes que esconder
Esta bien... sabes te quiero como ayer
Esta bien... esta bien... esta bien... esta bien
Esta bien... esta bien... todos, todos... bien
Esta bien
English: It's O.K. - you don't have to run and hide away
This is me, this is my life, this is my chance
this is me, This is my dance, there'll be no tomorrow, no
This is my game, this is my dance and no one stays here
This is my game, this is my dance and no one stays here
It's O.K. - you don't have to run and hide away
It's O.K.! It's O.K.! It's O.K.! It's O.K.!
It's O.K.! It's O.K.! Everybody... everybody!
O.K....

After "Black":

Spanish: Viva México!
English: Long live México!

Returning from Second Encore Break:

Spanish: Regresaremos mis queridos amigos... con un nuevo disco y un Nuevo presidente...
English: We'll be back, my dear friends... with a new album and a new President.

Spanish: Jeff y Stone han estado juntos en bandas por veinte años. Una de las primeras se llamaba Green River. Demos la bienvenida a dos de ellos que estuvieron con Jeff y Stone, de la banda Mudhoney... Sr Mark... Sr Esteban Turner... les encanta ver peliculas porno.
English: Jeff and Stone have been in bands together for twenty years. One of the first was called Green River. Let's welcome two guys that were with Jeff and Stone. From Mudhoney, Mr Mark... Mr Steve Turner. They love watching porno movies.

Before "Yellow Ledbetter":

Spanish: Han sido hermosos con nosotros, tal vez no lo merezcamos, pero se los agradecemos de corazón... Buenos unos con otros... hasta la próxima... gracias!
English: You have been wonderful with us. Maybe we don't deserve it, but we thank you from the heart. Be good to each other ... until next time... thank you!

At show's close:

Spanish: "Adios... hasta luego... es muy bonita... gracias hermanos y hermanas!
English: Good Bye... see you later... it's beautiful... Thank you brother and sisters!

About the Authors

Drauz Reis hails from Salvador, Bahia, Brazil and has been a Pearl Jam since the early 1990s. This is Drauz's first article for TwoFeetThick.com

Reinaldo Mendes hails from Rio De Janiero, Brazil and founded the fan club "Restless Souls" and the site http://www.PearlJamBrasil.com where Brazilian fans can communicate with each other in Portuguese. This is Reinaldo's first article for TwoFeetThick.com

Rolando Ruiz, a Pearl Jam fan since 1992, was a Radio DJ in Monterrey, Mexico, for ten years and now lives in Houston, Texas, working for Telemundo. This is Rolando's first article for TwoFeetThick.com

http://www.twofeetthick.com:80/articleread.do?id=167
07/11/1996 : Paris
08/06/2000 : Paris
09/09/2006 : Marseille - 11/09/2006 : Paris - 13/09/2006: Bern
28/06/2007 : Nijmegen

17/08/2009: Manchester - 18/08/2009: London
Palavas

Message(s) : 2482

Message par matt showman » Dim Fév 26, 2006 1:00 pm

matt showman

Message par Palavas » Dim Fév 26, 2006 1:05 pm

Autant pour moi... :oops:
Sorry Oli !

Palavas

Message par mike baroud » Dim Fév 26, 2006 1:10 pm

bon alors gros débat

on dit : AUTANT pour moi
ou : AU TEMPS pour moi

moi je dis comme pala, mais pas mal disent la deuxième solution ... maitre capello svp ? :dordo:
http://www.riverandroads.com/

If I can ask one thing when I am dead 
would you lay me down by the river bed? 
let me wash away 
let it take me back from where I came 
all I am and all I was is just 
blood and dirt and bones and mud 
and I'm better off that way 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message(s) : 11082

Message par matt showman » Dim Fév 26, 2006 1:12 pm

AU TEMPS pour moi :wink:
matt showman

Message par Palavas » Dim Fév 26, 2006 1:16 pm

matt showman a écrit :AU TEMPS pour moi :wink:

Exact c'est "AU TEMPS pour moi"...
...putain Djez va me fouetter en plus, on a eu cette grande discussion il y a à peine 1 mois... :?
:arrow: je suis une buse.

Palavas

Message par mankind » Dim Fév 26, 2006 1:18 pm

Palavas a écrit :

...putain Djez va me fouetter en plus, on a eu cette grande discussion il y a à peine 1 mois... :?

d'ailleurs qqun connait l'anecdote? je serais curieux de savoir :?:
mankind

Message(s) : 884

Message par Palavas » Dim Fév 26, 2006 1:18 pm

Enfin, il me semble qu'à l'origine il s'agit d'une expression militaire...donc je me pardonne une seconde fois... :roll:

Palavas

Message par Palavas » Dim Fév 26, 2006 1:20 pm

mankind a écrit :d'ailleurs qqun connait l'anecdote? je serais curieux de savoir :?:

http://www.langue-fr.net/index/A/au_temps-autant.htm

Palavas

Message par mankind » Dim Fév 26, 2006 1:24 pm

LE GARÇON
— Pour Monsieur ?

PREMIER CLIENT
— Un demi.

LE GARÇON
— Et pour Monsieur ?

SECOND CLIENT
— Autant pour moi [un demi]...
Euh... Au temps pour moi ! Un café.

confusion totale :shock:
merci pala
mankind

Message(s) : 884

Message par Jezus » Dim Fév 26, 2006 3:31 pm

Palavas a écrit :

Rapide passage de WE, mais faut pas déconner quand même :
Jezus

Message(s) : 5187

Message par Olikatie » Dim Fév 26, 2006 7:49 pm

Palavas a écrit :Autant pour moi... :oops:
Sorry Oli !

pas de prob :wink:
:bb: Jeremy est né le 28.04.06 et Fanny le 17.07.09 :bb:
Olikatie

Message(s) : 17466

Retour vers Present Tense