CCFA Benefit avec Flight To Mars

Infos, news, rumeurs, photos, divers, etc.

CCFA Benefit avec Flight To Mars

Message par Olikatie » Mer Avr 02, 2008 8:21 am

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=275468

Flight to Mars (featuring Mike McCready) will perform a special benefit concert for the Northwest Chapter of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) at Seattle's Showbox at the Market on Saturday, May 3rd. Tickets go on sale at 10am on Friday, March 7th through http://www.ticketmaster.com and all Ticketmaster locations. Tickets cost $18 in advance ($22 day of show) plus applicable service charges.

Local indie-rockers Feral Children and singer-songwriter Kristen Ward join Flight to Mars for an evening of music in support of CCFA's continued work toward finding a cure for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. In addition, McCready will perform a very special Tribute to Jimi Hendrix during the opening set and will be joined by brothers Rick and Chris Friel -- cofounders of McCready's original band Shadow.

In 2002 McCready made public his 20-year battle with Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis and has since been committed to raising awareness and funding for CCFA. "As a patient living with Crohn's and colitis, the CCFA has played a huge part in helping me get the support and information that I need," says McCready. "I'm grateful that my band mates and friends can support and join me for a night of music and fun that will help us find a cure for these debilitating diseases."

VIP Pre-Party Packages:
An exclusive VIP party will be held at the Showbox prior to the concert at 6pm. Hosted by the Wishlist Foundation, the proceeds from the party will go to further benefit the Northwest Chapter of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America.

VIP attendees will receive a laminated pass to the show, catch the sound check while mingling with other fans, enjoy delicious appetizers, cash bar, receive a special gift bag, and the opportunity to meet the band for top bidders.

A limited amount of VIP tickets, starting at $100 per pair, will be available for purchase on eBay later this month. For more information about the VIP ticket packages, please visit the Wishlist Foundation.
:bb: Jeremy est né le 28.04.06 et Fanny le 17.07.09 :bb:
Olikatie

Message(s) : 17466

Re: CCFA Benefit avec Flight To Mars

Message par Olikatie » Ven Mai 02, 2008 8:40 am

Pearl Jam's Mike McCready gathers his friends together to fight a good fight

A diagnosis of Crohn's disease changed Mike McCready's life. Now he wants to help others struggling to cope. The guitarist said he hopes the concert will become an annual event.

In 1986, guitarist Mike McCready had just moved to Los Angeles with brothers Rick and Chris Friel, his bandmates in rock band Shadow, when Crohn's disease changed the course of his life and career.

With dreams of finding success in L.A. in the days before grunge turned Seattle into a mecca for rock musicians, the future guitarist for Pearl Jam was chilling over lunch at a Johnny Rockets in the Melrose district when something akin to Montezuma's revenge caused him to bolt from the table and storm the men's room.

"I thought, 'What the hell? Did I eat something bad?' " McCready recalled this week in a phone interview.

"I had never experienced having to go to the bathroom like that ever before in my life, other than diarrhea or something. This was a pain in my gut like I'd never felt before. It was excruciating. And I was only 21."

Though symptoms persisted, McCready was in denial about the seriousness of his condition until he began losing weight. As a starving musician, he didn't have much weight to lose.

After a diagnosis of Crohn's -- a chronic, inflammatory bowel disease with no known cure -- McCready was forced to move back to Seattle. Treatment helped him cope with the disease and today it's under control.

"I can easily forget how much pain it causes and what a nightmare it is not to be able to leave the house, not to mention losing weight, becoming anemic, feeling crazy, all sorts of things," he said.

He also wonders what might have happened had he not returned to Seattle in time to be swept up in the raging music scene that led to the formation of Pearl Jam.

"Who knows if anything would have happened for me?" he said.

McCready, who went public about his disease in 2002, is the star performer at a benefit for the Northwest Chapter of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of American Saturday night at Showbox at the Market.

The awareness-raising show features McCready's side band, Flight to Mars, as well as rock band Feral Children and singer-songwriter Kristen Ward, who invited McCready to play on her new album.

The concert includes a free-form Hendrix tribute by a reunited Shadow, featuring McCready and the Friel brothers, as well as guest musician (and former Seattleite) Duff McKagan of Guns 'N Roses.

"Duff is one of the reasons why Rick and Chris and I moved down to L.A. in the first place," McCready said. "Because we saw him take off with Guns 'N Roses and we said, 'We gotta get out of Seattle. There's nothing going on here.' And in the late '80s there really wasn't."

Flight to Mars indulges McCready's longtime fascination with UFO, the English hard-rock band that featured guitarist Michael Schenker in the 1970s. Flight to Mars, formed six years ago, includes singer Paul Passerelli, guitarist Tim DiJulio, bassist Gary Westlake and drummer Kelly Van Camp. The group will play songs from UFO's "Strangers in the Night" album.

"I thought, 'Let's just do something fun. Let's do the "Strangers in the Night" record.' And then I could pretend to be Michael Schenker, who was a hero of mine growing up."

McCready couldn't remember when he became interested in UFO's melodic metal, but he always loved the songs from "Strangers in the Night."

"I used to stare at the album cover when I was playing it because it's a cool picture," he said.

Sitting in with the group is Seattle keyboardist Ty Bailie, whom McCready met while playing at the Pike Place Market Centennial concert last summer.

"He's a keyboard assassin," McCready said. "He's just amazing."

Playing in a side band helps McCready polish his skills as a guitarist.

"It tests me. When I'm playing with Tim (DiJulio), he really pushes me to play better. You try to play the best you can. It's kind of an ego thing," he said.

As for Pearl Jam, the group has been writing songs and kicking around ideas for its next album with Brendan O'Brien, who has produced a number of albums with the group.

"It may be a year from now before we put out a new record, maybe two years, but I don't think it'll be that long," McCready said. "We really want to take our time and make something that really stands out."

Pearl Jam will tour the East Coast this spring and summer but doesn't have any plans to launch a larger tour until a new album is finished. There also aren't any plans for a Seattle show in the foreseeable future.

"On the other hand," McCready said, "we don't usually take a lot of time off."

McCready hopes the CCFA benefit will become an annual event. Proceeds from the concert will send kids with Crohn's or colitis to Camp Oasis, a co-ed residential camp north of Los Angeles. Last year's benefit raised more than $14,000, helping to send about a dozen kids to the camp.

"I want this thing to turn into a self-fulfilling thing each year," he said. "It's about raising awareness and about me getting together will all my friends for a good cause."

NO STONE UNTURNED

Mike McCready isn't the only member of Pearl Jam doing an event this week. Guitarist Stone Gossard is organizing a tribute to country-music legend Hank Williams Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at High Dive, 513 N. 36th St. Doors open at 6 p.m.

Joining the Hank Williams Choir are Vince Mira (aka "Juanny Cash"), Brad Sinsel of TKO and War Babies, Jeff Fielder (J.F. & the Dinosaurs, Sera Cahoone), Mike Musburger (Fastbacks, Posies), Barbara Ireland and Dejha Colantuono (Rotten Apples), as well as Han Teuber and Keith Lowe. KEXP's DJ Johnny Horn will open and close the festivities.

Tickets: $13 at brownpapertickets.com. Proceeds benefit Arts Corps, which enlists "teaching artists" who foster creative habits in young people and help them reach their full potential.
Olikatie

Message par strummer » Ven Mai 02, 2008 10:04 am

It may be a year from now before we put out a new record, maybe two years, but I don't think it'll be that long," McCready said. "We really want to take our time and make something that really stands out."
Pearl Jam will tour the East Coast this spring and summer but doesn't have any plans to launch a larger tour until a new album is finished. There also aren't any plans for a Seattle show in the foreseeable future.

pour Yoyo : on veut vraiment prendre notre temps pour le prochain album et taper un truc qui kicke sa race
jusqu'à ce que le nouvel album sorte nous ne planifions aucune autre tournée
pas de concerts à seattle prochainement

en d'autres termes t'as bien fait de bouger ton boule pour voir eddie en solo, car vu le niveau des caincains ça va être popcorn et bières au madison + sorry I go to the toilets (+ 15 fois par heure)

toujours une aussi bonne dégaine ce mike
paris marseille barcelone vérone berne londres dusseldorf munich berlin los angeles los angeles londres manchester dublin belfast stockholm manchester milan
strummer

Message(s) : 9354

Message par yoyo » Ven Mai 02, 2008 11:32 am

strummer a écrit :It may be a year from now before we put out a new record, maybe two years, but I don't think it'll be that long," McCready said. "We really want to take our time and make something that really stands out."

pour Yoyo : on veut vraiment prendre notre temps pour le prochain album et taper un truc qui kicke sa race
jusqu'à ce que le nouvel album sorte nous ne planifions aucune autre tournée
pas de concerts à seattle prochainement

en d'autres termes t'as bien fait de bouger ton boule pour voir eddie en solo, car vu le niveau des caincains ça va être popcorn et bières au madison + sorry I go to the toilets (+ 15 fois par heure)

toujours une aussi bonne dégaine ce mike

Merci ... :wink: ça va, c'était assez clair pour une fois ... :roll:
Tu m'etonnes qu'on a bien fait, maintenant, c'était loin d'être simple ... merci encore à ma femme, à mes parents, à vous les gars et pardon à mes filles ...

Maintenant, wait and see ... avec les 3 dernières années de folie, je veux bien être patient ... tant que ça ne dure pas 6 ans et avec "un truc qui kicke ça" + brendan + un vedder trés inspiré ... ça va le faire grave ... :wink: :mrgreen:

Ce que je me demande, c'était, qu'ils disaient "busy year", c'est cette tournée d'une vingtaine de dates en juin, qui fait une "busy year", bizarre !? A un moment je pensais à un truc à la radiohead pour cette été ... maintenant, je ne sais plus ... :?:
Liam, 25 septembre 2012 / Aimy-Sarah, 11 mars 2008 / Juliette, 23 octobre 2005
1996 : Paris
2000 : Paris
2006 : Anvers, Marseille, Paris
2007 : Londres, Nimègue, Werchter
2008 : Ed solo : Los Angeles 1, Los Angeles 2
2009 : Londres
2010 : Dublin, Arras
2012 : Amsterdam 1, Arras, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhague
2014 : Milan
2017 : Ed solo : Amsterdam 1
2018 : Rome
2020 : Paris, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2
yoyo

Message(s) : 7514

Message par strummer » Ven Mai 02, 2008 11:34 am

le busy, c'est peut-être le tour solo de vedder, le ccfa benefit de mike, le petit bordel de stone + leurs tournées côte est et les élections ?
pour matt, gasper et jeff, sais pas la chasse à l'élan peut-être
paris marseille barcelone vérone berne londres dusseldorf munich berlin los angeles los angeles londres manchester dublin belfast stockholm manchester milan
strummer

Message(s) : 9354

Message par Olikatie » Lun Mai 05, 2008 7:56 am

http://pearljamevolution.blogspot.com/

Mike e a reunião do Shadow

No show em benefício à CCFA no Showbox em Seattle, o Mike tocou com o Flight To Mars para arrecadar fundos para a organização.
Além da participação da Kristen Ward, o evento contou com uma grande surpresa, a reunião do Shadow (primeira banda do Mike) tocando um set do Jimi Hendrix.
O show ainda contou com a participação de Duff McKagan (Velvet Revolver, Guns n' Roses) tocando Chinese Rock dos Ramones e I Wanna Be Your Dog do Iggy & The Stooges com a banda.

Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Mar Mai 06, 2008 7:24 am

Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Mar Mai 06, 2008 7:27 am

Olikatie

Message par dvi2702 » Mar Mai 06, 2008 8:40 am

:gr4:
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Message par dvi2702 » Mar Mai 06, 2008 8:31 pm

Quelqu'un a la setlist complète ?
dvi2702

Message par dvi2702 » Mar Mai 06, 2008 8:58 pm

Quelqu'un a la setlist complète ?

dvi2702

Message par dvi2702 » Mer Mai 07, 2008 8:50 pm

Video de Mike sur Voodoo Chile:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A4J3QWP1

Nom du fichier : Seattle with Mike McCready 029.avi
Taille du fichier : 380.96 MB
Description : Mike McCready w/Shadow - Voodoo Child - 5/3/07
dvi2702

Message par dvi2702 » Mer Mai 07, 2008 9:51 pm

dvi2702

Message par Olikatie » Ven Mai 09, 2008 7:51 am

merci DVI2702 :D

+

Tribute to Jimi Hendix (Shadow Reunion) setlist: Killing Floor (Howlin' Wolf), Voodoo Chile (Jimi Hendrix), Star Spangled Banner (National Anthem), Little Wing (Jimi Hendrix, w/ Kim Virant on vocals), All Along The Watchtower (Bob Dylan), Chinese Rock (The Ramones, w/ Duff McKagan on vocals), I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges, w/ Duff McKagan on vocals)

Flight To Mars (UFO tribute band featuring Mike McCready) setlist: Doctor Doctor, Mother Mary, Too Hot To Handle, Lights Out, Love To Love, Natural Thing, Shoot Shoot, This Kid's, I'm A Loser, Rock Bottom
Olikatie

Message par dvi2702 » Lun Mai 12, 2008 1:34 pm

merci Oli :D
dvi2702

Message par dvi2702 » Mar Mai 20, 2008 8:23 pm

dvi2702

Message par dvi2702 » Mer Août 06, 2008 12:01 am

Mike McCready live in Seattle in August
According to Seattlest, Mike McCready will rock a couple of small Seattle clubs in August.
McCready’s UFO tribute band, Flight to Mars will turn up at an El Corazon supporting Duff McKagen’s new band, Loaded.
On August 27, McCready’s Shadow '86 (his first band, reunited after 20 years at this year's CCFA) plays a Jimi Hendrix Tribute at the Tractor

http://seattlest.com/2008/07/31/pearl_j ... ractor.php

Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready to Rock El Corazon, Tractor

The incredibly talented guitarist and genuinely nice guy, last seen smashing a Les Paul on VH1’s Rock Honors: The Who, will rock a couple of small Seattle clubs in August. McCready’s killer UFO tribute band, Flight to Mars—until now an exclusively annual benefit act—will turn up at an El Corazon-hosted Seattle Tattoo Expo afterparty on the 8th. (They’ll support Duff McKagen’s new band, Loaded.) On August 27, McCready’s Shadow 86 (his first band, reunited after 20 years) plays an early show—a Jimmy Jimi Hendrix Tribute, people!—at the Tractor. If you want to see one of the planet’s best axemen go to work on a tiny stage, we suggest you get your tickets right now.
dvi2702

Message par dvi2702 » Sam Août 09, 2008 4:29 pm

Et donc, hier:
Velvet Revolver's Duff McKagan and Pearl Jam's Mike McCready rock with their side projects at the seventh annual Seattle Tattoo Expo, at the Seattle Center.
Quelques vidéos:
http://www.spin.com/pearl-jam-tour

Et le 27:
dvi2702

Message par dvi2702 » Mer Mars 25, 2009 10:53 pm

Flight To Mars @ Showbox

http://www.showboxonline.com/market/eve ... p?id=22356

7th Annual Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America

Day: Sat, May 2, 2009
Days until show: 38
Doors open: 8:00 PM
Ages: 21 & Over
On sale: Fri, Mar 27, 2009 10AM
Ticket Prices*: $20.00 ADV/DOS-

For more information on Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, visit http://www.ccfa.org.

Flight To Mars is a UFO tribute featuring Mike McCready of Pearl Jam!
Duff McKagan's Loaded features Duff McKagan of Guns n' Roses / Velvet Revolver!
Shadow '86 is Mike McCready's original band with the Friel brothers!
dvi2702

Message par dvi2702 » Sam Avr 04, 2009 10:00 pm

dvi2702

Suivant

Retour vers Present Tense