Update TwoFeetThick

Infos, news, rumeurs, photos, divers, etc.

Update TwoFeetThick

Message par Olikatie » Mer Juin 10, 2009 8:16 am

:bb: Jeremy est né le 28.04.06 et Fanny le 17.07.09 :bb:
Olikatie

Message(s) : 17466

Re: Update TFT: Ed Vedder: Some Unique Guest Appearances

Message par strummer » Mer Juin 10, 2009 1:39 pm

merci chef
paris marseille barcelone vérone berne londres dusseldorf munich berlin los angeles los angeles londres manchester dublin belfast stockholm manchester milan
strummer

Message(s) : 9354

Re: Update TwoFeetThick

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Avr 01, 2010 1:43 pm

TwoFeetThick.com Now Has a Pearl Jam Podcast!

As you many of you know, we at TwoFeetThick.com have been writing about Pearl Jam for close to 18 years. JR has written for this site and other sites including DigiJam.org (defunct) and MonkeyWrenchRadio.org (coming back soon), Jess wrote and published the incredible Tickle My Nausea Fanzine, and Kathy started the incredible Footsteps fanzine starting in December 1992.

But this is 2010, and we’re looking to expand our horizons and do something new. We asked in 2003, “Does the world need another Pearl Jam website?” and the answer was a resounding “YES”! So now we ask “Does the world need another Pearl Jam podcast?” and the answer is .. another resounding “YES!”.

With that, we are introducing ThickCast: Speed of Sound

We love Donny Anderson’s All That’s Sacred podcast. At 46 episodes and counting, he’s really made a great contribution to the community. In fact, JR even makes a vocal cameo in Episode #45. It’s always funny to hear at the beginning where he’s (not) broadcasting from. The “This Day in Pearl Jam History” section is funny, and he has referenced our site many times for that, and we appreciate it. Oh, yeah, and the music! It’s always great to hear great live cuts as well as rarities that seldom see the light of day.

So we are going to take what Donny has started, and try to build on it, with the power of one male and two female voices. It’s tough to coordinate the recording over two time zones and three hours difference, but we’re going to give it a try.

ThickCast: Speed of Sound

Episode 1:

Interview with Dave Krusen

“The Fixer’s” Vinyl Backward Messages

Kathy Davis recaps her 750th show
Olikatie

Message par Denis » Jeu Avr 01, 2010 5:04 pm

arrghh ça me rappelle que je dois leur écrire un truc depuis des semaines :/
"I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs"
Music Box
Denis

Message(s) : 15078

Message par Olikatie » Ven Mai 28, 2010 11:20 am

Ain’t No Cure For The Post-Tour Blues

-> http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/05/ain ... our-blues/
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Mer Juin 09, 2010 7:22 am

Malfunkshun and Andrew Wood Movie Release!

-> http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/06/mal ... e-release/
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Juil 01, 2010 7:50 am

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/06/los ... ago-today/

Lost 9 Friends 10 Years Ago Today

Ten years ago we had a day not unlike today. Pearl Jam was touring Europe. Playing a massive outdoor show. Today in Berlin, on June 30, 2000 at a big festival in Denmark called Roskilde.

There are a lot of things that Eddie Vedder may have imagined the band he’s in could have in common with his favorite, The Who. But I am 100% sure that a major concert tragedy was never one of them, not in his worst nightmares. And yet, a decade ago exactly on this day, Pearl Jam played at the Roskilde festival and the unimaginable happened. Nine fans were killed in the crush of the general admission crowd. So hard to believe that it’s been ten years, but those kids who perished were never forgotten by fellow fans, and certainly never forgotten by the band.

“I think we are all waiting for someone to wake us and say it was just a horrible nightmare,” the band said in a statement right after the tragedy. “We have not yet been told what actually occurred, but it seemed to be random and sickeningly quick… it doesn’t make sense…. When you agree to play at a festival of this size and reputation it is impossible to imagine such a heart-wrenching scenario. Our lives will never be the same, but we know that is nothing compared to the grief of the families and friends of those involved.”

“All of us spent two days in the hotel in Denmark crying and trying to understand what was going on.” – Stone Gossard, August 2001, Spin Magazine

“A friend of an Australian guy named Anthony Hurley asked if I would write something for the funeral. That was just hands-down the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do—not really knowing what was appropriate, not knowing how the family or friends felt; maybe I’m the last person they’d like to hear from. But it meant a lot to them, and it really helped me. I think it also helped the rest of the guys. Hurley had three younger siblings, and they said he really cared about our band, and that’s why he was in the front. And that he was actually doing something he loved during his last minutes.” – Eddie Vedder, August 2001, Spin Magazine

“Lost nine friends we’ll never know two years ago today / And if our lives became too long, would it add to our regret?” – “Love Boat Captain,” 2002.

Looking back now, I am struck by how much more strength and courage it took for the band to continue on than I even thought at the time. The horror of it could have made them never pick up an instrument or go near a microphone ever again.

“I think the thought [of PJ breaking up after Roskilde] crossed all of our minds, but it wouldn’t have been a good way to end it all,” Mike McCready told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer two months after the event.

So what of that last day of June a decade ago? For me, just like today, I was home in New York recently back from Europe myself. My phone started ringing that evening, friends wondering if I was ok or I knew this person or that person was safe. Almost immediately, it hit the news. It had been raining, slippery and dark. The band was seven songs into its set. Everything stopped during “Daughter.” Soon there were articles and posts everywhere. An ill-advised video on the BBC’s website that I would be much happier to have never set eyes on. And on and on.

“Some of us thought maybe we should cancel the [North American] tour. I felt if we cancel, what are we running from? It made us deal with it every day on some level, and that was the most positive thing we could do. The shows were all reserved-seating, which made it a lot easier. At first, it was hard to look at the crowd. A couple of kids I saw at Roskilde, they’re burned in my memory forever. Sometimes, when you’re looking at a crowd, you can’t help but see those faces.” – Jeff Ament, August 2001, Spin Magazine

But not only did they manage to march onward into a massive U.S. tour just a month later — though the pain was more than evident in some of Ed’s more obvious lyric changes and between song comments, and “Alive” disappeared from the setlist for a long time — they remained intact, productive, and vital all these years. For that I will always be thankful.
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Mer Juil 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Pearl Jam in the News: Touring Tidbits

-> http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/07/pea ... g-tidbits/
Olikatie

Message par dvi2702 » Lun Août 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Mike & Duff “Hoot For A Healthy Gulf” Sept. 2

:arrow: http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/07/mik ... lf-sept-2/
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Message par Olikatie » Ven Août 13, 2010 7:23 am

Pearl Jam on Palladia’s “Outdoor Music Week” Sept 5

A recent press release was issued for MTV’s HD Music Channel Palladia promoting “Outdoor Music Week”, with self-evident programming from a number of 2010 outdoor concerts and festivals.

Pearl Jam are included in this promotion, and expect some live HD footage from Hard Rock Calling 2010 from Hyde Park, London

-> http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/08/pea ... ek-sept-5/
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Mar Août 17, 2010 1:31 pm

See Mike in L.A. Aug. 18th + Brad Easy St. Review

-> http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/08/see ... st-review/
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Août 19, 2010 8:56 am

Amazing Pearl Jam Photos Surface from Amsterdam 1992

When it comes to Pearl Jam photography on the internet, there are two perks. The first is that fans can take a stellar hi-res picture at a concert and upload it to millions of people within seconds of the event occurring. To those that have been going to concerts for years, this concept is still kinda mind-boggling. The second perk is when pre-internet photography is made available online, giving fans today the insight into events that were previously only anecdotal.

We recently got feedback email from photographer Mike Leach whose site http://www.BestRockPhotos.com has some amazing photos from the February 12, 1992 Melkweg show in Amsterdam. They’re not just amazing, they’re AMAZING!!!! Thank you Mike Leach for posting!

67 (!!) black-and-white pictures shot from the pit are included in Mike’s album. Some are open-shutter stage shots similar to the work of famed Seattle photographer Charles Peterson. Others include freeze frames of early Pearl Jam lore like Stone’s “duck walk”, Jeff rockin’ the big hats, and, of course, Ed climbing anywhere and everywhere.

On the site, you can view all the photos in a slide show. Here are samples:

The site allows you to purchase 16″x20″ Glossy prints for $50 a pop. Since the quality of these pictures is so high, these would make great Pearl Jam displays.

Are there any other Mike Leach’s out there? Do you have any early-90s photos out there in a box that aren’t online? Drop us a line if you do, we’d love to see them!
Olikatie

Message par dvi2702 » Dim Août 22, 2010 10:48 am

Olikatie a écrit :See Mike in L.A. Aug. 18th

Quelques vidéos par ici: http://whiplash.net/materias/news_860/1 ... rljam.html
dvi2702

Message par Olikatie » Mar Sep 14, 2010 7:36 am

The “Momma-Son” Tape – Pearl Jam Music Is Born
-> http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/09/the ... c-is-born/
Olikatie

Message par dvi2702 » Mar Sep 21, 2010 8:34 pm

dvi2702

Message par dvi2702 » Mer Sep 29, 2010 8:34 pm

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/09/sto ... ft-part-2/

Some Pearl Jam Quickies

Jessica: Live, you’ve been pulling out a lot of rarities and even new things like “Of The Earth.” What unreleased or never played song would you most like to see the light of day?

Stone: There are probably three or four from the new record ["Backspacer"]that we recorded that haven’t sort of reached that they’re-gonna-be-songs stage yet, so there’s that. And then there’s “Hitchhiker,” which I think we’ve never played. There’s maybe another one or two, but it’s getting thin. We played a lot of them [laughs].

Jessica: What are those four new ones called?

Stone: They all have titles but I couldn’t name them right now.

Jessica: Is there any plan to release any of the older Pearl Jam shows from before you guys started doing bootlegs? To open up the vaults?

Stone: I don’t know. I don’t know what we have. We started recording our own stuff but people probably have tapes of those shows. I’m not sure how far back we were recording. There be some, but it’s probably going to be more about some of the visuals from this potential [Cameron Crowe] movie that’s coming out. There’s going to be some opportunities to [use] some old stuff that I haven’t seen, but I haven’t seen anything yet. We didn’t really record ourselves until we got our own ADATs. When did we start releasing bootlegs?

Jessica and JR: The 2000 tour.

Stone: Yeah, maybe it does go back much farther than that. But I think all of those tapes are in the hands of the fans already.

JR: We had always wondered if Sony had put a high pricetag on releasing the vintage live stuff.

Stone: I don’t think so.

JR: I once talked with Bret Eliason about recording Pearl Jam in 32-channel in 1993. But then again, are you recording the whole show diligently with the intent of putting it out In 1993? Probably not. Bands just didn’t do that.

Stone: Well if he says we recorded in 1993, I’m sure we did. I really don’t know. We’ve been pretty consistent about skimming through stuff every once in awhile so I’m assuming that if we’ve got it, we’ll make it available if there’s something good.
dvi2702

Message par Patrick Bateman » Mer Sep 29, 2010 9:27 pm

Oh la belle source!
Patrick Bateman

Message(s) : 2426

Message par Olikatie » Mar Oct 05, 2010 8:07 am

Brad Kicks Off U.S. Tour

With Pearl Jam’s exciting Bridge School Benefit appearance in the near future, Brad fills the first few weeks of October nicely with some opening slots on the Band of Horses tour, as well as some headlining shows and in-store appearances.

September 27-28, High Dive, Seattle, WA – Cancelled

October 1, Val Air Ballroom, Des Moines, IA
supporting: Band of Horses
set: Price of Love, Every Whisper, Low, Believe in Yourself, Never Let Each Other Down, Oh My Goodness, Secret Girl, Buttercup, Day Brings, Screen

Brad, 2010-10-01, DesMoines, IA, courtesy of Travis Goddard

Album Breakdown
Best Friends? (2010) – 5
Welcome To Discovery Park (2002) – 1
Interiors (1997) – 2
Shame (1993) – 2

October 3, Double Door, Chicago, IL
supporting act: Happy Chichester
set: Isn’t That Right, Bless Me Father, Every Whisper, Low, La La La, Buttercup, Never Let Each Other Down, 20th Century, Nadine, Lift, Wrapped In My Memory, Crown of Thorns, Takin’ It Easy, Secret Girl, Screen, The Day Brings,
encore: Purple Rain, Suffering

Best Friends? (2010) – 3
Welcome To Discovery Park (2002) – 3
Interiors (1997) – 3
Shame (1993) – 4
Covers – 5 = Shawn Smith (1), Satchel (2), Prince (1), Mother Love Bone (1)

If you are new to Brad, you can see from the album breakdowns below that they are dipping equally from their 4-album catalog. A 10-song, 45-minute opening slot for Band of Horses makes that a really great twin-bill and 17 songs with some killer covers for a headlining show is a great night out.
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Oct 07, 2010 8:32 am

Magic Carpet Ride – Notes for 1993 Aladdin Theater, Las Vegas, 1993

Pearl Jam’s 1993 Vs. tour was “energetic” to say the very least. With the new record out and Pearl Jam at its defiant peak, the power at these shows was off the charts. Prior to finishing with three nights in Seattle, Pearl Jam spent three nights in Nevada. The first two are at the Aladdin Theater in Las Vegas and their notes have been added below.

There have been official Green River and Mother Love Bone reunions in the past few years, but buried in this 1993 was this “first” Green River reunion.

November 30 – Aladdin Theater, Las Vegas, NV

“Tremor Christ” debut
Green River’s “Swallow My Pride” featuring Pearl Jam, Mark and Steve from Mudhoney and Chuck from Urge Overkill
The debut(?) of “Jazz Odyssey”
The Dead Boys’ “Ain’t Nothin’ to Do” featuring Mark and Steve from Mudhoney
“My Way” with Terry Presley and Ed
[ read more ]

December 1 – Aladdin Theater, Las Vegas, NV

Eventual rarities “Footsteps” and “Alone”
“Rockin’ in the Free World” featuring Pearl Jam, Mudhoney and Urge Overkill
[ read more ]

Enjoy these YouTube videos from the November 30, 1993 show:

Olikatie