Jack Irons tribute

Infos, news, rumeurs, photos, divers, etc.

Jack Irons tribute

Message par JP Lakers Fan » Lun Déc 06, 2010 10:21 pm

je trouve que l'on ne donne pas assez de credit à Jack Irons et quand on voit ce genre de video on se demande pourquoi :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RHZVj9s3Ic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nI7OsAZKW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E4xVjv1rec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrUMPBWldkM

Pour moi il a tout compris, ce qu'il fait est le principal en musique. Il fait vivre la musique et rend la tourne diaboliquement éfficace. C'est brut, sauvage, precis (grosse caisse d'enfer !!! il a un pied d'une precicion chirurgicale et fracasse le tempo comme une machine).
Le groove est impressionnant dans ce concert.
Je sais pas si il y a des batteur sur le site mais j'aimerais bien connaitre leur avis.
En tout cas moi en tant que bassiste un gars comme ça me donne la trique :core:
JP Lakers Fan

Message(s) : 173

Re: Jack Irons tribute

Message par fredbab » Mar Déc 07, 2010 1:45 am

trop bon en effet !
Paris (Zenith) 1996 ;
Paris (Bercy) 2000 ;
Anvers (sportpaleis) 30 aout 2006 ;
Marseille (Dôme) 09 sept 2006 ;
Paris (Bercy) 11 sept 2006 ;
Londres (Wembley Arena) 18 juin 2007 ;
Londres (O2 Arena) 18 aout 2009 ;
Arras (Festival) 3 juillet 2010
Amsterdam1 26 juin 2012
Amsterdam1 27 mai 2017 (Ed Solo)

:bb: Ma douce petite Enola est venue au monde le 25 janvier 2006 !!!
:bb: Mon p'tit Neil est venu au monde le 21-01-2010 !!!
fredbab

Message(s) : 4929

Message par dvi2702 » Mer Déc 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Jack was interviewed for the new issue of DRUM magazine, plenty of great Vedder quotes in there too - he's put the interview up for download on his website:

http://www.jackirons.com/publicfiles/Irons.pdf

Here's some of the choice quotes:

EV: "So there was this kind of hour-and-fifteen-minutes in the dark where I really got to know Jack...and then we became friends and that ended up being pretty fortunate for both of us, but probably more so for me."

JI: "When I left Pearl Jam in '98, I wasn't in a good place. Honestly, the way I felt, the last thing on my mind was music. Music is, I believe, something you do when you're feeling strong. I pretty much had to kind of give up my career to get my life together."

EV: "No one plays like him. There's some kind of wild card, the way he hears things and the way he plays things that's completely his own."

JI: (on leaving Pearl Jam) "I just wasn't well enough to carry on. You've got to be fairly healthy go play for 15, 20, 30,000 people four or five times a week. You can't start to come unglued. There's thousands and thousands of people counting on you to do your job and to do it well. I just couldn't at the time."

JI: "When I was diagnosed [with bi-polar disorder] back in my twenties they said, 'when you get to your forties you might be able to turn a corner with this kind of thing.' And I think that's very accurate. I had to learn to decipher sort of what was real and what was in my head. And that took time."

EV: (on what might've happened if Jack never gave him Stone's demo) "I probably would have been the assistant manager at Longs Drugs, or a folk singer. I just don't know. But when I look back on my life, that was the critical juncture."

EV: (on Jack's input into Pearl Jam) "It is a very kind of democratic gang, so his input was not just rhythms and drums, but songwriting and arrangements and all kinds of things."

JI: (on Who You Are) "That beat was inspired by something I heard from a Max Roach performance. I don't recall the tune, but he could play with so much independence that it was amazing. So I tried to come up with something that I could do based on that inspiration."

EV: "Jack's ability to push and pull on either side of the beat - he could make it a little more extreme than it almost seemed possible."

EV: (on Jack leaving Pearl Jam suddenly) "As upsetting as it was at the time - it's not like I could have more respect for the guy - but I've always respected that decision. Because it's one thing to be completely devoted to music and feel it in an organic way and to be pure about it. And then it's another to be in a big band playing big shows and big tours and big records. And working with the machinery of rock and roll, and keeping a big band afloat business-wise, and all that. It's a balancing act, those two things. And it's completely understandable if it seems difficult for someone who's so purely dedicated to the art to have a hard time with the other side."

Dave Krusen: "Whatever's he's doing, he puts his stamp on it, which to me is the sign of not only a great drummer, but a true artist."

EV: (on the Vedder, Flea & Irons show in 2007) "It was beyond the beyond. It was completely invigorating. And we actually talked about doing some more later on that year. Physically, I couldn't do it. Otherwise, I would've. So maybe that door is still open."
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Message par dvi2702 » Mar Août 30, 2011 11:02 pm

dvi2702

Message par loupiotte » Mar Août 30, 2011 11:50 pm

Dommage qu'il n'ait pu rester.
loupiotte

Message(s) : 1523

Message par dvi2702 » Sam Sep 17, 2011 11:48 am

Jack will be releasing a new 5 song EP on Sept. 27 entitled 'Blue Manatee'. There will be a video release as well. It will be available on iTunes, Amazon and many other digital outlets. The release will be announced here at jackirons.com with links to listen and purchase. Please keep a look out for it!

http://www.jackirons.com/
dvi2702

Message par Yeni » Mar Sep 27, 2011 8:18 pm

ce morceau est "pas trop mal" mais le reste est (for me :wink: ) toujours horriblement kitch !!!

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Manatee/dp/B005NPBCCW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317147392&sr=8-1

je l'ai adoré en tant que batteur de PJ mais en solo j'ai du mal....
Yeni

Message(s) : 937

Message par dvi2702 » Jeu Sep 29, 2011 9:46 am

dvi2702

Retour vers Present Tense