Topic Jeff Ament

Infos, news, rumeurs, photos, divers, etc.

Re: Topic Jeff Ament

Message par dvi2702 » Lun Juin 11, 2012 7:56 am

Le new album de JA, à sortir le 12 juin:

http://www.theskyiscrape.com/2012/06/je ... beats.html
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Message par Julien » Lun Juin 11, 2012 8:33 am

J'avais beaucoup apprécié le précédent, j'espère qu'il sera au moins aussi bon.

Sinon chouette reportage, thanks!!
* 2006 : Anvers
* 2007 : Nijmegen - Werchter
* 2010 : Nijmegen - Werchter
* 2012 : Amsterdam 1
* 2014 : Amsterdam 2
Julien

Message(s) : 3065

Message par dvi2702 » Lun Juin 11, 2012 1:03 pm

30 secondes de chaque titre sur:
http://www.amazon.com/While-My-Heart-Be ... eart+beats

Quelques secondes qui ressemblent beaucoup au premier album !
dvi2702

Message par Denis » Lun Juin 11, 2012 1:29 pm

haha j'avais pas percuté que l'album sortait demain. Toujours aussi forts en marketing, le 10C :)
"I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs"
Music Box
Denis

Message(s) : 15079

Message par strummer » Lun Juin 11, 2012 1:53 pm

les 10 premières secondes me font confirmer que c'est pourri cet album, la voix est presque aussi insupportable que celle de brad
paris marseille barcelone vérone berne londres dusseldorf munich berlin los angeles los angeles londres manchester dublin belfast stockholm manchester milan
strummer

Message(s) : 9354

Message par dvi2702 » Lun Juin 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Dispo au 10C:

dvi2702

Message par dvi2702 » Jeu Juin 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Je viens de me commander le LP de Jeff sur le 10C et: Click to download JEFF AMENT WHILE MY HEART BEATS VINYL LP in ZIP format
:)
dvi2702

Message par Denis » Ven Juin 15, 2012 10:55 am

dvi2702 a écrit :Je viens de me commander le LP de Jeff sur le 10C et: Click to download JEFF AMENT WHILE MY HEART BEATS VINYL LP in ZIP format
:)

Le 10C fait plein de trucs sympas, ces temps-ci, j'espère que c'est une indication d'une direction un peu plus moderne/actuelle. Puis, il est bien, cet album, vraiment.
Music Box
Denis

Message par Denis » Mar Août 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Jeff a un nouveau groupe, avec Joseph Arthur et Richard Stuverud.

http://rndmband.com/ (tumblr) + https://www.facebook.com/RNDMband

Un extrait en écoute : http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-20120828

L'album ('Acts') sort le 30 octobre (via Monkeywrench) et ils ont une tournée US pendant tout le mois de novembre, de NY à Seattle.

Un article sur leur petite histoire : http://www.foxtheatre.com/2012/11/18/0800PM/Rndm

The chance encounters of everyday life shape us in more ways than we can imagine. From them spring unexpected opportunities, exciting new directions, burgeoning friendships and, quite often, great music.

Such as is the case with "Acts," the debut album from RNDM, featuring Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, songwriter Joseph Arthur and drummer Richard Stuverud. As the project's moniker alludes to, Ament and Arthur met randomly on a June evening in 1999, when Arthur opened a show at the late, great New York club Wetlands on a bill headlined by Ament and Stuverud's side project Three Fish. At the time, Arthur was drawing acclaim for his solo performances, which employed a looping pedal that made the artist sound as if he was being backed by a full band.

"I'd seen people mess with a looper a little bit, but I'd never seen anybody do what Joe was doing at that time," Ament recalls. "He made it all so seamless." Says Arthur, "I remember meeting Jeff and being nervous to talk to him. It's always nerve-wracking to meet someone in a band that big. But on the other
hand, I met a girl there that night that I ended going out with for five years."

The pair stayed in touch via email over the ensuing years, and reconnected in 2010 after Arthur played a KEXP-sponsored lunchtime gig in Seattle. Ament extended Arthur an invitation to come to his Montana home to jam, but before they could make plans, a song emerged unexpectedly.

"As I was finishing up my last little group of solo songs, there was one called 'When the Fire Comes' that just wasn't working for me vocally," Ament says. "I kept hearing his voice instead of mine. I sent Joe an email gauging his interest, and two days later, I got the track back from him. At that point, I knew there
was something there -- some sort of creative connection."

Ament and Arthur performed "When the Fire Comes" together at Pearl Jam's 20th anniversary blowout concert last summer at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin. A studio version of the song was released as a CD single to commemorate the special event, as well as on Ament's latest solo album, "While My Heart
Beats."

Which brings us to "Acts," and the jam session that would eventually birth it. Says Ament, "After PJ 20, Joe told me he'd never really been able to write up-tempo songs, and I said, 'I have a slew of them. Let's get together and make an up-tempo record.'" Thus, in April of this year, Arthur finally joined Ament and Stuverud in Montana thinking he'd just be singing over the top of instrumental tracks that had already
been completed.

Instead, "I'd told Richard, but not Joe, that I just wanted to be Joe's band for the first day or two, to see how it went," Ament says. After some initial jamming on the first night in the studio, Arthur volunteered a song of his called "What You Can't Control" that the trio bashed into shape within an hour, and RNDM
was off and running. Later, Ament delved into his work tapes to find riffs and instrumentals that would form the basis for other new songs.

Things clicked so easily that the trio were half-jokingly discussing touring, designing t-shirts and making costumes within hours of pressing the record button. "We had six tunes after that first night and day. Everybody was just buzzed," Ament says. "Jeff and Richard have been playing together so long and they
have such a great chemistry," Arthur adds. "To hear the songs filtered through that rock and roll style was really awesome."

After four days with longtime Pearl Jam engineer Brett Eliason behind the boards, the group had nearly20 finished tracks, which have been whittled down to 12 for the album "Acts." Throughout, the songs crackle with a plug-and-play spontaneity. Pearl Jam fans will surely note Ament's distinctive bass work on concise blasts of rock'n'roll like "Letting Go Of Will," "Throw You To The Pack" and "Look Out!," while the
trio stretches its musical muscles on blissed-out jams like "Hollow Girl" and the soulful, wah-wah guitartinged "Williamsburg."

Elsewhere, the acoustic, harmonica-tinged "Cherries in the Snow" highlights Arthur's knack for simple, effective songwriting, while the rumbling mid-tempo rocker "Darkness" and the hard-charging opener "Modern Times," driven by a power-pop Stuverud beat, showcase how the hybrid styles of the three
musicians blend together so smoothly.

"Joe's instincts, just based on the way he plays by himself, are to layer things, especially his voice," Ament says. "And I kept saying, 'No, man! We're a power trio! It's OK if all you hear during a guitar solo is bass and drums.' I've always been in bands with two guitars, so I've always wanted to be in a power trio
where you can hear that space behind the voice."

"All of the songs I contributed to the album existed in some recorded form, but they were stuck in the 'backlog,'" Arthur says. "To give them a fresh treatment and produce them in a way that almost veers into underproduction was very uplifting."

With "Acts" now ready for release, RNDM is preparing to hit the road for its first tour, while still savoring the rush of creativity that birthed the album. "It felt like those first bands you're in, where the first few weeks you ate and slept and breathed the music that you were working on," Ament says. "All you did was
hum those songs until you got to the next practice. I was completely open to whatever was going to happen, and I know Joseph was too."
Dernière édition par Denis le Mar Août 28, 2012 6:46 pm, édité 2 fois.
Raison : ajout de liens divers et variés
Music Box
Denis

Message par yoyo » Mar Août 28, 2012 6:51 pm

tenclub :arrow:

http://pearljam.com/news/0/1/21500/introducing_rndm

Introducing RNDM:

New Musical Group Featuring Pearl Jam Bassist Jeff Ament, Singer-Songwriter Joseph Arthur and Drummer Richard Stuverud

Debut Album, "Acts," in Stores October 30th

16-Date North American Tour Kicks off November 2nd

SEATTLE -- RNDM (pronounced "random") is a new musical group featuring Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, singer-songwriter Joseph Arthur and drummer Richard Stuverud. The band will release their debut album, "Acts", on Tuesday, October 30th in CD, vinyl LP and digital formats via Monkeywrench Records/RED in the U.S. and Canada, and Monkeywrench/One Little Indian Records for the rest of the world.In support of "Acts", RNDM will embark on a 16-date North American tour, which kicks off November 2nd in Brooklyn, NY and ends November 27th in Seattle, WA (full list of tour dates below).

"ACTS":

In April of this year, Joseph Arthur joined Jeff Ament and drummer Richard Stuverud in Montana for a jam session, which would give birth to RNDM "Acts". After four days with longtime Pearl Jam engineer Brett Eliason behind the boards, the group had nearly 20 finished tracks, which have been whittled down to 12 for the album ("Acts" tracklist below).

"It felt like those first bands you're in, where the first few weeks you ate and slept and breathed the music that you were working on," Ament says. "All you did was hum those songs until you got to the next practice. I was completely open to whatever was going to happen, and I know Joseph was too."

RNDM:

As the project's name suggests, Jeff Ament and Joseph Arthur met randomly in June of 1999, when Arthur opened a show at the late New York club Wetlands on a bill headlined by Ament and Stuverud's side project, Three Fish.

The pair stayed in touch over the years and reconnected in 2010 after Arthur played a KEXP-sponsored lunchtime gig in Seattle. Ament extended Arthur an invitation to come to his Montana home to jam, but before they could make plans, a song emerged unexpectedly.

While Ament was working on his solo album, he kept hearing Joseph's voice instead of his own on one particular track, "When the Fire Comes." He sent Arthur an email to gauge his interest in collaborating and two days later, got the finished song back. From there, the two knew there was a creative connection.

Ament and Arthur performed this song together live at Pearl Jam's 20th anniversary weekend last summer at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin. A studio version of the song was released as a CD single to commemorate the special event and also appears on Ament's latest solo album, "While My Heart Beats."

"ACTS" TRACKLIST:

1. Modern Times

2. Darkness

3. The Disappearing Ones

4. What You Can't Control

5. Hollow Girl

6. Walking Through New York

7. Look Out!

8. New Tracks

9. Throw You to the Pack

10. Williamsburg

11. Letting Go of Will

12. Cherries in the Snow

RNDM NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES:

Date / City / Venue

Nov 2 / Brooklyn, NY / Music Hall of WIlliamsburg

Nov 3 / Washington, D.C. / The Black Cat

Nov 4 / Philadelphia, PA / Union Transfer

Nov 7 / Boston, MA / Paradise Rock Club

Nov 8 / New York, NY / The Bowery Ballroom

Nov 9 / Montreal, QC / Théâtre Corona

Nov 13 / Chicago, IL / Lincoln Hall

Nov 14 / Milwaukee, WI / Turner Hall Ballroom

Nov 15 / Minneapolis, MN / First Avenue

Nov 16 / Lawrence, KS / The Bottleneck

Nov 18 / Boulder, CO / The Fox Theatre

Nov 21 / Los Angeles, CA / Troubador

Nov 23 / San Francisco, CA / Great American Music Hall

Nov 25 / Portland, OR / Doug Fir Lounge

Nov 26 / Vancouver, BC / Biltmore Cabaret

Nov 27 / Seattle, WA / Showbox at the Market

Ticket on sale information will be announced by local market.

RNDM's bio follows. For more information on the band, visit: RNDMBAND.COM

###

RNDM BIO:

The chance encounters of everyday life shape us in more ways than we can imagine. From them spring unexpected opportunities, exciting new directions, burgeoning friendships and, quite often, great music.

Such as is the case with "Acts," the debut album from RNDM, featuring Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, songwriter Joseph Arthur and drummer Richard Stuverud. As the project's moniker alludes to, Ament and Arthur met randomly on a June evening in 1999, when Arthur opened a show at the late, great New York club Wetlands on a bill headlined by Ament and Stuverud's side project Three Fish. At the time, Arthur was drawing acclaim for his solo performances, which employed a looping pedal that made the artist sound as if he was being backed by a full band.

"I'd seen people mess with a looper a little bit, but I'd never seen anybody do what Joe was doing at that time," Ament recalls. "He made it all so seamless." Says Arthur, "I remember meeting Jeff and being nervous to talk to him. It's always nerve-wracking to meet someone in a band that big. But on the other hand, I met a girl there that night that I ended going out with for five years."

The pair stayed in touch via email over the ensuing years, and reconnected in 2010 after Arthur played a KEXP-sponsored lunchtime gig in Seattle. Ament extended Arthur an invitation to come to his Montana home to jam, but before they could make plans, a song emerged unexpectedly.

"As I was finishing up my last little group of solo songs, there was one called 'When the Fire Comes' that just wasn't working for me vocally," Ament says. "I kept hearing his voice instead of mine. I sent Joe an email gauging his interest, and two days later, I got the track back from him. At that point, I knew there was something there -- some sort of creative connection."

Ament and Arthur performed "When the Fire Comes" together at Pearl Jam's 20th anniversary blowout concert last summer at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin. A studio version of the song was released as a CD single to commemorate the special event, as well as on Ament's latest solo album, "While My Heart Beats."

Which brings us to "Acts," and the jam session that would eventually birth it. Says Ament, "After PJ 20, Joe told me he'd never really been able to write up-tempo songs, and I said, 'I have a slew of them. Let's get together and make an up-tempo record.'" Thus, in April of this year, Arthur finally joined Ament and Stuverud in Montana thinking he'd just be singing over the top of instrumental tracks that had already been completed.

Instead, "I'd told Richard, but not Joe, that I just wanted to be Joe's band for the first day or two, to see how it went," Ament says. After some initial jamming on the first night in the studio, Arthur volunteered a song of his called "What You Can't Control" that the trio bashed into shape within an hour, and RNDM was off and running. Later, Ament delved into his work tapes to find riffs and instrumentals that would form the basis for other new songs.

Things clicked so easily that the trio were half-jokingly discussing touring, designing t-shirts and making costumes within hours of pressing the record button. "We had six tunes after that first night and day. Everybody was just buzzed," Ament says. "Jeff and Richard have been playing together so long and they have such a great chemistry," Arthur adds. "To hear the songs filtered through that rock and roll style was really awesome."

After four days with longtime Pearl Jam engineer Brett Eliason behind the boards, the group had nearly 20 finished tracks, which have been whittled down to 12 for the album "Acts." Throughout, the songs crackle with a plug-and-play spontaneity. Pearl Jam fans will surely note Ament's distinctive bass work on concise blasts of rock'n'roll like "Letting Go Of Will," "Throw You To The Pack" and "Look Out!," while the trio stretches its musical muscles on blissed-out jams like "Hollow Girl" and the soulful, wah-wah guitar-tinged "Williamsburg."

Elsewhere, the acoustic, harmonica-tinged "Cherries in the Snow" highlights Arthur's knack for simple, effective songwriting, while the rumbling mid-tempo rocker "Darkness" and the hard-charging opener "Modern Times," driven by a power-pop Stuverud beat, showcase how the hybrid styles of the three musicians blend together so smoothly.

"Joe's instincts, just based on the way he plays by himself, are to layer things, especially his voice," Ament says. "And I kept saying, 'No, man! We're a power trio! It's OK if all you hear during a guitar solo is bass and drums.' I've always been in bands with two guitars, so I've always wanted to be in a power trio where you can hear that space behind the voice."

"All of the songs I contributed to the album existed in some recorded form, but they were stuck in the 'backlog,'" Arthur says. "To give them a fresh treatment and produce them in a way that almost veers into underproduction was very uplifting."

With "Acts" now ready for release, RNDM is preparing to hit the road for its first tour, while still savoring the rush of creativity that birthed the album. "It felt like those first bands you're in, where the first few weeks you ate and slept and breathed the music that you were working on," Ament says. "All you did was hum those songs until you got to the next practice. I was completely open to whatever was going to happen, and I know Joseph was too."
Liam, 25 septembre 2012 / Aimy-Sarah, 11 mars 2008 / Juliette, 23 octobre 2005
1996 : Paris
2000 : Paris
2006 : Anvers, Marseille, Paris
2007 : Londres, Nimègue, Werchter
2008 : Ed solo : Los Angeles 1, Los Angeles 2
2009 : Londres
2010 : Dublin, Arras
2012 : Amsterdam 1, Arras, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhague
2014 : Milan
2017 : Ed solo : Amsterdam 1
2018 : Rome
2020 : Paris, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2
yoyo

Message(s) : 7512

Message par picola » Dim Sep 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Bon, je vais aller voir ce nouveau groupe au Bowery Ballroom de New York pour juger sur pièce.

J'avais adoré l'an dernier J Arthur seul dans un petit bar du Lower East Side newyorkais, je vais essayer de vous retrouver des photos tiens
picola

Message(s) : 2827

Message par picola » Dim Sep 16, 2012 7:57 pm

voilà, un lien sur mon blog de Juin 2011 :

http://picolaphotographies.blogspot.fr/ ... -york.html
picola

Message(s) : 2827

Message par dvi2702 » Dim Sep 16, 2012 8:13 pm

dvi2702

Message par Denis » Dim Sep 16, 2012 8:44 pm

au moins, ils ont le côté marketing rempli, au vu des photos qu'ils postent sur facebook/twitter/instagram/tumblr...
Music Box
Denis

Message par Denis » Mar Sep 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Music Box
Denis

Re: Topic Jeff Ament / RNDM

Message par Julien » Mar Sep 18, 2012 9:44 pm

C'est bon ça comme chanson!!
Je suis assez fan...
Julien

Message par dvi2702 » Dim Sep 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Senator Jon Tester and Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament On The Blaze [INTERVIEW]
http://963theblaze.com/senator-jon-test ... interview/

dvi2702

Message par Julien » Mar Oct 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Quelqu'un sait où chopper Modren Times en mp3 en qualité potable svp...?

Suis complétement fan de la chanson, je la ferais bien péter sur mon "baladeur mp3" 8-)

Merci!!

Edit : c'est bon, j'ai trouvé!!
Julien

Message par dvi2702 » Mer Oct 03, 2012 8:11 pm

"ACTS" dispo au 10C (CD, LP)