interview d'Ed !

Infos, news, rumeurs, photos, divers, etc.

interview d'Ed !

Message par fredbab » Dim Avr 02, 2006 11:36 pm

sorry si deja posté !:
Cool interview with ed about new album

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im sure this has probably been posted before but i just stumbled upon it and thought id share it.

http://www.geocities.com/keivspare/wwss/kerrag.html

This is my favorite quote from the interview

"When we finished, it felt like we were coming up for air after having not seen the surface for a long time," he adds. "We've never spent that long making a record before, so it was a real trip to be finished with something that was such a commitment. On the night we finished I got in my truck and drove into the woods. I found a spot, rolled down the windows down in the rain and cranked it loud. It felt pretty powerful. At one point, the wind was blowing the trees in perfect time with the beat and it was like the forest was dancing. It felt like we'd achieved something."

.............................. ............

Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder has revealed to Kerrang! that the band's forthcoming eighth studio album is the most aggressive record the band have ever made.

Vedder and his bandmates - guitarists Mike McCready and Stone Goosard, bassist Jeff Ament and drummer Matt Cameron - are preparing to release the as-yet untitled follow up to 2002's 'Riot Act', after spending over a year holed up in their Seattle recording studio making it.

Pearl Jam hooked up with producer Adam Kasper, who colloborated with them on 'Riot Act' and who has also worked with Foo Fighters, Nirvana, and Queens of the Stone Age, and applied a different working approach to what they'd executed on their previous albums.

"It's been a long one," laughs the usually interview-shy Vedder. "I don't think we had any kind of plan to stretch it out, it just kind of happened. This time we didn't come in with any songs. We just got in a room, looked at each other and played our instruments until things started connecting and formed it from there. Right now, I'm feeling like I don't want to do that again! It was a different process for us and in the end it was a good one, but it was tough.

"When we finished, it felt like we were coming up for air after having not seen the surface for a long time," he adds. "We've never spent that long making a record before, so it was a real trip to be finished with something that was such a commitment. On the night we finished I got in my truck and drove into the woods. I found a spot, rolled down the windows down in the rain and cranked it loud. It felt pretty powerful. At one point, the wind was blowing the trees in perfect time with the beat and it was like the forest was dancing. It felt like we'd achieved something."

Vedder admits that, although he hates to compare the band's work and publicly register his satisfaction with it, he's extremely happy with the new tracks, mainly thanks to the fact that they're heavier than songs Pearl Jam have recorded in the past.

"My favourite music has always been music that is a little more aggressive, with a tempo that's like a runway train and I always wanted our band to be on that train," he explains. "We'd get moments where, live, it would happend but not so much on record. But now that train's running and it's moving pretty quick! this one's more aggressive than stuff we've done before and I don't usually like to say that there's something that i'm so pleased with, but in this case, it's true. We'll just see if the people who buy our records agree and if they can keep up with us."

According to the frontman, the list of confirmed tracks include 'Life Wasted', 'World Wide Suicide' 'Comatose', 'Severed Hand', 'Marker in the Sand', 'Parachutes' and 'Unemployable'.

"It's really uplifting," Vedder jokes. "I think we should call the record 'Pearl Jam's Good Time Hour!"

Although relcutant to give too much information away regarding the lyrical content of the album, Vedder, who is known for his biting, disaffected world-view, does confess that US political events and the state of the media were a huge influence.

"It was difficult to write after the last US election," he says. "Not because there wasn't anything to say but how do you temper your moral outrage so as not to be just negative? We're a country that instigated a war under false pretences, thousands of people are dying, we're wasting billions of dollars and yet the media is inundated with stories on teenage pop star's weight loss. It's insane. You've got bling this and bling that and it's polluting the mind's of our youth as to what's important in life.

"I assumed that being a father and seeing the world through your child's eyes was going to make everything brighter, more peacful and balanced," adds Vedder, whose first child, Olivia was born in 2004.

"But because of the state of the world, it made me angrier and I wasn't expecting that. Now it's not just about me beng slefish about our generation, it's about looking into the future. But my work is splattered across the lyric pages like blood. The listener's part of it is figuring out what it means."

The band are getting set to head out on the road in support of the album's release, a trek which will include live apperances in the UK - their first since 2000. It's something that Vedder is looking forward to, but perhaps that has more to do with his dissatisfaction with the state of today's rock scene....
"I'm excited about participating in rock n' roll and doing our bit,"

he admits. "We're not really competitive with other bands but there's new music that I find completly vacuous - music that I should be liking or happy that it's popular - but it feels like a travesty or an erosion of what rock music should be."

Are there any bands in particular that you're talking about?

"You know the ones," Vedder answers, with a laugh. "It's a lack of authenticity or something. That's what makes us want to be out there - to keep the art form alive."
Pearl Jam's as-yet-untitled new album will be released on May 1 via Sony.
Paris (Zenith) 1996 ;
Paris (Bercy) 2000 ;
Anvers (sportpaleis) 30 aout 2006 ;
Marseille (Dôme) 09 sept 2006 ;
Paris (Bercy) 11 sept 2006 ;
Londres (Wembley Arena) 18 juin 2007 ;
Londres (O2 Arena) 18 aout 2009 ;
Arras (Festival) 3 juillet 2010
Amsterdam1 26 juin 2012
Amsterdam1 27 mai 2017 (Ed Solo)

:bb: Ma douce petite Enola est venue au monde le 25 janvier 2006 !!!
:bb: Mon p'tit Neil est venu au monde le 21-01-2010 !!!
fredbab

Message(s) : 4929

Message par Jezus » Dim Avr 02, 2006 11:41 pm

Merci Fred.
Jezus

Message(s) : 5187

Re: interview d'Ed !

Message par nighthawk » Dim Avr 02, 2006 11:45 pm

fredbab a écrit :Pearl Jam's as-yet-untitled new album will be released on May 1 via Sony.

:shock: :? :shock:
C'est nouveau ça encore....
nighthawk

Message(s) : 1650

Message par bruno » Dim Avr 02, 2006 11:47 pm

c'est de bonne augure mais je reste très prudent car avant la sortie de riot act, Ed disait à peu près la même chose !
bruno

Message(s) : 140

Message par robin » Dim Avr 02, 2006 11:49 pm

nighthawk a écrit :
fredbab a écrit :Pearl Jam's as-yet-untitled new album will be released on May 1 via Sony.

pour la date du 1er mai, elle se retrouve sur tout les récents articles...je crois que c'est la date pour l'Europe !
robin

Message(s) : 923

Message par fredbab » Dim Avr 02, 2006 11:52 pm

robin a écrit :
nighthawk a écrit :

pour la date du 1er mai, elle se retrouve sur tout les récents articles...je crois que c'est la date pour l'Europe !
c la livraison, le 1er est ferié en plus non ? en france les sorties se font le mardi, donc le 2 mai !
c plutot le untitled album qui m'intrigue ! :)
Paris (Zenith) 1996 ;
Paris (Bercy) 2000 ;
Amsterdam1 26 juin 2012

fredbab

Message par Jezus » Dim Avr 02, 2006 11:53 pm

Bah, mon disquaire m'a dit de passer le vendredi, il n'y aurait aucun problème...
Jezus

Message(s) : 5187

Message par fredbab » Dim Avr 02, 2006 11:54 pm

Jezus a écrit :Bah, mon disquaire m'a dit de passer le vendredi, il n'y aurait aucun problème...
c vrai ils recoivent generalement le vendredi !
Paris (Zenith) 1996 ;
Paris (Bercy) 2000 ;
Amsterdam1 26 juin 2012

fredbab

Message par Blue, Red,Yellow » Dim Avr 02, 2006 11:55 pm

ouais moi comme j'ai acheté par internet ca va surtout être le courrier que je vais guetter...et le live de 1992 8-)
Blue, Red,Yellow

Message(s) : 1380

Message par ledouzdoi » Lun Avr 03, 2006 12:25 am

Les collis sony sont toujours livrés le vendredi et mis en vente le lundi...Une des grandes lois des disquaires....
ledouzdoi

Message(s) : 84

Message par Olikatie » Lun Avr 03, 2006 6:13 am

merci beaucoup Fred
:bb: Jeremy est né le 28.04.06 et Fanny le 17.07.09 :bb:
Olikatie

Message(s) : 17466

Message par yoyo » Lun Avr 03, 2006 10:46 am

fredbab a écrit :
robin a écrit :
nighthawk a écrit :

c la livraison, le 1er est ferié en plus non ? en france les sorties se font le mardi, donc le 2 mai !

le fameux cd des chutes du new album ??

thx !
Liam, 25 septembre 2012 / Aimy-Sarah, 11 mars 2008 / Juliette, 23 octobre 2005
1996 : Paris
2000 : Paris
2006 : Anvers, Marseille, Paris
2007 : Londres, Nimègue, Werchter
2008 : Ed solo : Los Angeles 1, Los Angeles 2
2009 : Londres
2010 : Dublin, Arras
2012 : Amsterdam 1, Arras, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhague
2014 : Milan
2017 : Ed solo : Amsterdam 1
2018 : Rome
2020 : Paris, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2
yoyo

Message(s) : 7514

Message par nighthawk » Lun Avr 03, 2006 11:00 am

fredbab a écrit :c la livraison, le 1er est ferié en plus non ? en france les sorties se font le mardi, donc le 2 mai !

C'est justement tout ça qui m'intriguait....
Mais bon, de toute façon, je ne serai pas en France, donc je verrai bien comment ça se passe dans le pays où je serai...
nighthawk

Message(s) : 1650

Message par lovesurfcaptain » Lun Avr 03, 2006 11:58 am

il parle de quel groupe quand il dit "you know the ones?"a votre avis?
Niouk mon petit phoque sous la glace sous la glace Niouk mon petit phoque tu n'a pas peur de l'ours blanc
lovesurfcaptain

Message(s) : 26

Message par mike baroud » Lun Avr 03, 2006 11:58 am

lovesurfcaptain a écrit :il parle de quel groupe quand il dit "you know the ones?"a votre avis?

les guns pardi ! :roll:
http://www.riverandroads.com/

If I can ask one thing when I am dead 
would you lay me down by the river bed? 
let me wash away 
let it take me back from where I came 
all I am and all I was is just 
blood and dirt and bones and mud 
and I'm better off that way 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message(s) : 11083