Ed - Vancouver, 2 avril 2008

La tournée 2008 solo d'Eddie Vedder : setlists, photos, impressions et commentaires

Re: Ed - Vancouver, 2 avril 2008

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Avr 03, 2008 12:37 pm

update du premier message
:bb: Jeremy est né le 28.04.06 et Fanny le 17.07.09 :bb:
Olikatie

Message(s) : 17466

Message par picola » Jeu Avr 03, 2008 12:50 pm

rien que Porch acoustique seul et Trouble je prends !

bon, bah, j'ai 3 soirs pour avoir ces chansons, je pense que ça ira 8-)
picola

Message(s) : 2827

Message par Mookie Blaylock » Jeu Avr 03, 2008 1:45 pm

Pour finir, il est tout seul sur scène. Pas de Irons, ni de Flea. Denis ne se suicidera pas.

A voir les set lists et les photos, je vais commencé à avoir des regrets de ne pas avoir tenté le déplacement.

A quoi lui sert le lecteur de bande que l'on voit sur les photos ?
Mookie Blaylock

Message(s) : 5447

Message par mike baroud » Jeu Avr 03, 2008 1:48 pm

tout simplement un décor
http://www.riverandroads.com/

If I can ask one thing when I am dead 
would you lay me down by the river bed? 
let me wash away 
let it take me back from where I came 
all I am and all I was is just 
blood and dirt and bones and mud 
and I'm better off that way 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message(s) : 11082

Message par strummer » Jeu Avr 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Mookie Blaylock a écrit :Pour finir, il est tout seul sur scène. Pas de Irons, ni de Flea. Denis ne se suicidera pas.

A voir les set lists et les photos, je vais commencé à avoir des regrets de ne pas avoir tenté le déplacement.

A quoi lui sert le lecteur de bande que l'on voit sur les photos ?

Attends les shows de LA, jack et flea s'en branlent du canada, ils seront là :mrgreen:
paris marseille barcelone vérone berne londres dusseldorf munich berlin los angeles los angeles londres manchester dublin belfast stockholm manchester milan
strummer

Message(s) : 9354

Message par yoyo » Jeu Avr 03, 2008 2:21 pm

24songsx4min = 1h36 mini !!! Jusqu'a peut être 2 heures même !!
Liam, 25 septembre 2012 / Aimy-Sarah, 11 mars 2008 / Juliette, 23 octobre 2005
1996 : Paris
2000 : Paris
2006 : Anvers, Marseille, Paris
2007 : Londres, Nimègue, Werchter
2008 : Ed solo : Los Angeles 1, Los Angeles 2
2009 : Londres
2010 : Dublin, Arras
2012 : Amsterdam 1, Arras, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhague
2014 : Milan
2017 : Ed solo : Amsterdam 1
2018 : Rome
2020 : Paris, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2
yoyo

Message(s) : 7512

Message par Monkey Wrench » Jeu Avr 03, 2008 3:54 pm

J'aime bien la grosse caisse faite avec le carton de Corona.
1996.11.09 Zürich CH
2000.06.23 Zürich CH
2006.09.23 Marseille FR, 2006.09.13 Berne CH, 2006.09.23 Berlin DE
2008.06.11 West Palm Beach FL
2009.06.23 EV Atlanta GA, 2009.06.24 EV Atlanta GA
2012.07.04 Berlin DE, 2012.07.10 Copenhage DK, 2012.11.30 EV Ft. Lauderdale FL, 2012.12.01 EV Ft. Lauderdale FL
2017.06.07 EV London UK
2022.06.23 Zürich CH
Monkey Wrench

Message(s) : 1179

Message par dvi2702 » Jeu Avr 03, 2008 4:29 pm

Monkey Wrench a écrit :J'aime bien la grosse caisse faite avec le carton de Corona.

Effectivement, j'avais pas vu :D
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Message par Denis » Jeu Avr 03, 2008 8:02 pm

bah ouais j'aurais bien aimé y être dans l'absolu, mais la setlist me semble ce que celles de PJ sont rarement : facile à prédire. Quasi la même qu'à Seattle, j'ai l'impression qu'il n'y aura pas bcp de variation dans la tournée... Et en plus pas de nouveau morceau, je pige toujours pas pq on ne peut pas enregistrer...

De toute façon si j'avais pu choisir, ça aurait été PJ plutôt que Ed solo

edit : vous êtes sûrs qu'on peut poster la setlist, le 10c nous en voudra pas?
"I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs"
Music Box
Denis

Message(s) : 15079

Message par myth4343 » Jeu Avr 03, 2008 8:48 pm

Dans l'absolu, tu as parfaitement raison. Mais Pearl Jam, j'ai très bon espoir de les revoir...alors qu'un show de Vedder NON!! :mrgreen:
Londres 2007; Nijmegen 2007; Werchter 2007
myth4343

Message(s) : 2325

Message par Denis » Jeu Avr 03, 2008 8:53 pm

myth4343 a écrit :Dans l'absolu, tu as parfaitement raison. Mais Pearl Jam, j'ai très bon espoir de les revoir...alors qu'un show de Vedder NON!! :mrgreen:

ouais c'est vrai aussi ça, j'avais pas pris ça en compte :)
"I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs"
Music Box
Denis

Message(s) : 15079

Message par yoyo » Jeu Avr 03, 2008 9:49 pm

myth4343 a écrit :Dans l'absolu, tu as parfaitement raison. Mais Pearl Jam, j'ai très bon espoir de les revoir...alors qu'un show de Vedder NON!! :mrgreen:

idem !
Liam, 25 septembre 2012 / Aimy-Sarah, 11 mars 2008 / Juliette, 23 octobre 2005
1996 : Paris
2000 : Paris
2006 : Anvers, Marseille, Paris
2007 : Londres, Nimègue, Werchter
2008 : Ed solo : Los Angeles 1, Los Angeles 2
2009 : Londres
2010 : Dublin, Arras
2012 : Amsterdam 1, Arras, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhague
2014 : Milan
2017 : Ed solo : Amsterdam 1
2018 : Rome
2020 : Paris, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2
yoyo

Message(s) : 7512

Message par Olikatie » Ven Avr 04, 2008 6:50 am

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.p ... 957&page=4

I am writing this fanview on the eve of Vancouver Night #2, which I planned to attend until I lost my job this past Monday so the scalper route was not to be an option at this point. I would love to be there tonight, but I will savour the show for the rest of my life and be happy I scored tix through 10C for night 1.

TO EVERYONE ATTENDING THE REST OF THE SHOWS:

Do NOT miss Liam Finn with E.J. Barnes. Holy shit, they really kicked some ass.

Liam's snare drum got f'd up early in the gig because of how he hammered away on it and he requested help for it from stage side. The two then did a great improv loop to see if it was fixed after some repairs and they kept on rocking.

Liam should be huge in North America. He has vitalogy/vitality and his enthusiasm and passion is contagious. E.J. and him have fun up there and the crowd felt it. My wife said that he looked like ANIMAL from the Muppets just flaring away. He's fucking intense and I have to reitirate to not miss his gig.

They left with a standing ovation from Vancouver and then he walked into the aisles and up to the lobby to sign the vinyl records (with CD) that you could purchase. He was really down to earth and I really suggest you don't miss the opening act.

Eddie came out to a standing ovation and went right into Walking The Cow. He didn't speak until Man Of The Hour when he finally said "Hello" and then introduced the song as from a movie soundtrack. I assumed it was from "Into the Wild" but realized that was wrong on the first strum.

Let me rewind and say "Dead Man" was haunting and spirited as per usual.

Eddie then sped through 4 songs from ITW soundtrack and he flubbed a couple of them. They were amazing to hear live and he was very humble while playing them and finishing them to huge rounds of applause and cheers.

He mentioned a story about how this was the first time (officially, minus the Kenyon Hall experiment) that he was doing something like this playing solo and mentioned his Butthole Surfers t-shirt that he wore for his first ever gig. He brought it out of retirement for Vancouver.

As mentioned in previous posts, Eddie discussed some local and also international news - he's good like that always reading the local paper before his gigs - and mentioned the upside down Church story in Vancouver (Let God deal with it.. or something like that) and the Tibetian Monk story and also the absurdity of the newspaper story and lack of evidence...which also reminded him of a current war.

Millworker was amazing and I can't wait to find that song for my mp3 player.

Goodbye was introduced with Luke the Uke and Eddie had some witty diatribe about relationships before starting it out.

He then broke out into Brokenhearted and then introduced the lighter side of love ("at least the first two weeks" to paraphrase) and strummed into "You're True". Absolutely chilling.

"Hide Your Love Away" had the first wide singalong participation and the song got a huge cheer from the crowd upon completion. Very powerful song and Eddie's cover is fantastic.

The next four songs were so good I just got lost in them and can't remember too much.

Society with Liam Finn was cool - Liam sang backing vocals but didn't do a verse. Ed mini-flubbed on the solo but Liam kept strumming harder and Ed finished it off with ease and they gave each other "five" before Liam walked off stage to cheers.

"Growing Up" was introduced by mentioning the Boss was in town a couple of nights before and he said that he probably didn't play that song before getting into it. As mentioned in previous posts, he also mentioned that Bruce would never say, "licking balls, etc" on stage and that's why he's the Boss and Ed is the employee.

"No More" had some great crowd participation but I still think we could have been louder.

Ed then mentioned the crowd had been kind and appreciated it and then went on to say that he wasn't planning on playing the next song. He strummed the guitar hard once...then again... I immediately knew where he was going from my recollection of the Toronto gig on their Canadian tour where he did a pre-set of Porch.

The whole crowd stood up at that point never to sit down again for the rest of the show.

The final song "Hard Sun" (canadian written of course) was magical and you had to be there to see it.

Still don't know what was with them wearing white lab coats all night. Must be some inside joke I don't know about.

Easily worth the money to see the show.

I am 10C fanclub # 206xxx and last name towards end of alphabet and I was in Row K (row 14 I think??) and honestly, I'm not there to fawn over Ed - I could be in row 1 and I'd be as happy because it was great listening to that music and his voice live in a small venue. Thanks again 10C for the opportunity to grab those tickets and for a night I'll never forget.

Very little camera flashes and jeering during the set was refreshing for a change.

+

Ed, brought Vancouver's attention to local artwork in a park which may be removed (and relocated, shouted one fan). The art is a sculpture of an inverted church. Ed joked that if it is such a problem couldn't God take it down.

Ed also talked about his monk friend from Tibet who skateboard backstage on the Sonic Youth/Beastie Boys/Lollapolouza tour. He discussed the headlines about Suicide Attacker from Tibet, and the article which could not substantiate the headline. He called BULLSHIT, said it was most likely a Republican ploy.

As Ed wanted to give something to the fans, he talked about the program guides and made a brief reference to the West Memphis Three. I did not take a pamphlet, so I will have to go to a hardware store and buy myself a large bolt with EV engraved on the nut.

The Dewey Cox joke was about a man having 2 wives, who excused himself as he could not turn down having his balls licked. I personally prefer armpits. I threw my head back and laughed a few times during his comments.

He said, that his Uke, who is probably named Luke, is a good friend as it doesn't talk back, but hey, we do have a "Don't Gimme No Lip" song, so I think Luke is overrated.

I got the sense that Ed was going to play another song at the end of his first encore, but the crowd rose and wouldn't sit down as Ed requested.

Everyone bitching about the crowd can kiss my ass. We weren't that bad Jesus. I even correct Ed, shouting "2 Minutes" after Ed joked only the first 2 weeks are the only good part of the relationship! Plus Ed asked security to relax, and would keep it cooler for tomorrow's show after one fan pointed out that to be disruptive to the show.

Ed talked about how one of his song's was about what he went through earlier this year. Did he bloody break up with the girlfriend? Whatever.
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Ven Avr 04, 2008 6:57 am

Eddie Vedder Digs Deep Into Song, Shirt Archives in Vancouver

“There’s something about the first time,” said Eddie Vedder, a few songs into his set at the Centre in Vancouver, Brtish Columbia. “Whether it’s good or bad. There’s nothing else like it.” For Vedder, this first time meant a sold out, two-night residency in a city not too far north of his native Seattle for the opening of a solo tour.

On a stage set like a living room jam session, Vedder perched on a stool in a Butthole Surfers tee he’d brought out of “semi-retirement” for the gig (”I think I wore this shirt the first time the band played,” he mused). And with that, he proceeded to play songs from his rapidly expanding solo catalogue: “Guaranteed” from Into the Wild stirred the crowd, as did protest ballad “No More War,” which brought Vedder to tears. Covers were plentiful, including a brilliant reworking of Emmylou Harris’ version of James Taylor’s “Millworker,” which was nearly matched by a shot at Springsteen’s “Growin’ Up.”

While roadies in labcoats tinkered with the instruments (guitars, a mandolin and a ukelele called “Luke” among them), Vedder played much and talked little, keeping banter swift and funny: “Thank you for the encouragement,” he said after the crowd applauded a flubbed lyric. “But you don’t want to promote that behaviour.”

After multiple encores, Vedder — now clad in labcoat himself — welcomed opener Liam Finn back to help out on “Hard Sun” (the backing instrumental track courtesy of an onstage reel-to-reel). As his opening night drew to a close, Vedder smiled and waved goodbye. “Thanks for being here for this different kind of conversation,” he said. And for the first time on this tour (and certainly not the last), Eddie Vedder got a standing ovation.
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Ven Avr 04, 2008 7:03 am

Review: Eddie Vedder shows he's still a vocal social activist

VANCOUVER - Eddie Vedder is quieter now than he was during Pearl Jam's noisy breakout on the Seattle grunge scene 15 years ago.

But his toned-down sound and mellowed out stage presence should not be mistaken for complacency.

The Pearl Jam front man gave a solo performance Wednesday night at the Centre in Vancouver for Performing Arts that proved he is still able to sing and wail like he used to and is still a vocal social activist.

The two-hour show was an intimate affair that saw Vedder chatting back and forth with the audience, touching on local news items - including his disapproval of the removal of the upside-down church sculpture at Coal Harbour - and flubbing lyrics as though he was singing to a group of friends.

But Wednesday's sold-out show was the first of Vedder's brief West Coast solo tour, which explained and excused - to some degree - his brief memory lapses.

Sitting on a stool, surrounded by retro suitcases, an old reel-to-reel audio recorder, and an upturned case of Corona, Vedder created the illusion that you were watching him play in his basement.

The grunge-era icon was relaxed and calm as he worked his way through a set list that covered all the bases. He started things off with a few Pearl Jam songs, including Around the Bend, I am Mine, and Dead Man. The songs were solid, but far from the best of the night, as he seemed to rush through them.

Next was a set of songs from the soundtrack for the film, Into the Wild, which is the promotional reason for the tour.

The songs are poetic and emotional - perfect for an intimate solo performance.

When Vedder stopped abruptly part way through Guaranteed, a gorgeous song from the soundtrack, the vocal crowd didn't seem to mind, yelling out, "We love you Eddie."

The audience of 1,800 was so loud that Vedder had to ask for complete silence as he concentrated on the lyrics for No Ceiling, another highlight from the soundtrack.

There was plenty of random banter between songs, but Vedder used it to take shots against China - regarding the situation in Tibet - and George W. Bush.

"I read something else in the paper today. And this is what separates me from the current United States president. I can read," he said.

The show was divided - slightly awkwardly - into sets. After Vedder finished with the Into the Wild portion of the show, he launched into the covers set.

He did a heart-wrenching rendition of James Taylor's Millworker, which tells the story of a hard-working, but soul-dead labourer with lyrics such as: "My life has been wasted and I have been the fool, to let this manufacturer use my body for a tool."

The crowd rallied and sang along to the Beatles' You've Got to Hide Your Love Away and for Tom Petty's I Won't Back Down.

But Vedder's version of Cat Stevens' Trouble nearly brought tears to my eyes. It was visceral and pained.

Vedder wasn't going to let anyone go home feeling blue though. He ended the show - on the second encore - with the best performance of the night (spoiler alert for anyone who's planning to see Vedder on this tour).

A drum kit was rolled out for Liam Finn, who had opened the show (and who happens to be the son of Neil Finn, of Split Enz and Crowded House.) And a sunnier, beach-themed backdrop was revealed to liven peoples' spirits.

The familiar beat of Hard Sun - which is a song I loved when it was first released by Canadian singer-songwriter Indio back in 1989 - began and the crowd jumped to its feet.

It was the first real heart-thumping performance of the night, and sadly the last.

Vedder on his own was moving and, at times, quite stunning. He was amusing and endearing, but the show fell flat in places.

Then again, Eddie Vedder probably doesn't feel the need to prove anything to anybody. He's an icon. And a respectable, active and talented one at that.
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Ven Avr 04, 2008 7:08 am

une vidéo d'Around The Bend était sur youtube; résultat:
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Pearl Jam Ten Club"

+

"No cameras of any kind, recording or recording devices at all (not even camera phones). If caught, your film, tapes, discs, smart cards, drives, any type of recording will be confiscated and you'll be escorted out."
Olikatie

Message par strummer » Ven Avr 04, 2008 7:30 am

le 10 club commence à se la jouer grave quand même
paris marseille barcelone vérone berne londres dusseldorf munich berlin los angeles los angeles londres manchester dublin belfast stockholm manchester milan
strummer

Message(s) : 9354

Message par Olikatie » Ven Avr 04, 2008 8:09 am

Live: Eddie Vedder

The Pearl Jam frontman opens his first solo tour with an intimate yet powerful performance in Vancouver.

VANCOUVER, B.C. -- BEGINNING his first-ever solo tour Wednesday, Eddie Vedder gave a lesson in how to hush a screaming crowd. Not literally: The 1,800 or so Pearl Jam fans who'd snapped up the night's tickets spent little time being quiet, instead granting their band's beloved singer endless ovations, singing along (only when asked) and shouting requests.

Within this charged atmosphere, Vedder, perhaps rock's most introspective lead singer, created a zone of shared reflection that made all the praiseful fuss seem irrelevant. He could have been in his own basement, alone or with some close friends. The stage set at the performing arts center here had the faux-casual design common to "unplugged" shows -- a funky reel-to-reel player sat near the chair where Vedder sat for most of the night, and a Corona box served as an ersatz stool. But Vedder's thoughtful, sociable performance made the intimacy real.

Immersed in his songs, Vedder half-closed his eyes and let the music take its course. In Pearl Jam, he's expert at playing the surfer, finding one wave within the many that that big ensemble generates and riding it to glory. On this tour, which comes to the Wiltern in Los Angeles April 12-13, he has to be more delicate.

Exploring his songbook of originals and favorite cover versions, Vedder's big baritone found smaller streams to follow, letting his circuitous grooves and melodies undulate toward their conclusions. Some songs, like the recent "Guaranteed," were hymn-like and lovely. Others hit harder, showing the influence of the Who and hard-core punk.

While his vocals were often tender, Vedder's guitar playing pointed to his love of noisy rock. He doesn't often get to show off his chops alongside flashy Pearl Jam axemen Mike McCready and Stone Gossard. He took the opportunity here, playing fast and clean even on the tiny electric ukulele he laughingly called "better than a friend, because it doesn't talk back."

Such asides emerged only after Vedder calmed his first-night nerves; it took him five songs to even pause and address the audience. Pulling aside his long-sleeve flannel to reveal a battered Butthole Surfers T-shirt, he announced it as a talisman: It was the same one he'd worn during Pearl Jam's first show.

After this ritual moment, Vedder relaxed, steering the evening toward the "different kind of conversation" he wanted it to be. He read from a newspaper, commenting on issues ranging from the proposed removal of a local statue to the current crisis in Tibet. He told a mildly dirty joke and then worried that it might turn up on YouTube.

"Bruce Springsteen would never say something like that," he moaned. "That's why he's the Boss and I'm just the employee."

Vedder's set list was carefully organized, with Pearl Jam favorites such as "I Am Mine" leading into selections from his soundtrack for "Into the Wild," some sweet songs for ukulele, a long block of covers, and a bit more Pearl Jam.

Unlike his elders Springsteen and Ray Davies, who staged breakthrough solo tours a decade ago, Vedder didn't resort to a specific narrative or a highly crafted persona. He aimed for an arguably more daring goal: to present himself as himself, unconstructed, turning inward before reaching out to the audience.

He let himself make mistakes too. Flubbing the first chords of the intricate "No Ceiling," Vedder first muttered his discontent, then joked, "If I'm going to play this properly -- it's a very difficult song -- I need complete and utter silence." Playing electric ukulele on "Brokenhearted," he stopped himself, saying, "Let me just check the second chord on this song." Integrating such small missteps into the night's story, Vedder added to the sense of emotional openness.

That's where Vedder's charisma lives -- in the moment when feeling finds its way forward, growing more articulate as it is shared. His songs have a different quality than the usual pop revelations. They show instead of telling, putting listeners inside the consciousness of his characters. The covers Vedder performed, including James Taylor's "Millworker," Springsteen's "Growin' Up," "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away" by the Beatles and "Trouble" by Cat Stevens, served to highlight the uniqueness of his own talent.

Vedder doesn't want to stand apart from the lineage of big, singalong pop; his zealous take on Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down" further asserted that connection. This tour is a way for him to consider what new paths he's forged alongside the ones he follows. His ruminative mood may change as he travels through California this month, but he's sure to only refine what he's learning -- and sharing -- about his place in the world.

When Vedder considers his legacy, he'd surely be happy to include Liam Finn among his protégés. The son of singer-songwriter (and Ed's pal) Neil Finn, this shaggy 24-year-old New Zealander is making an impression with his fiery, slightly psychedelic solo debut "I'll Be Lightning." Performing an opening set in collaboration with Australian singer-songwriter Eliza Jane Barnes, Finn moved between guitar and drums, and was best at his loudest and most unbound. He has a knack for poppy songcraft, but spending this tour with Vedder might turn Finn a little wilder, and that would be a fine development.

setlist
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Ven Avr 04, 2008 12:43 pm

Eddie Vedder looks up as he finishes the song, "Rise" from the "Into the Wild" soundtrack.
Olikatie

Message par dvi2702 » Dim Avr 06, 2008 2:11 pm

#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers EV Tour solo 2008