Ed - Berkeley, 7 avril 2008

La tournée 2008 solo d'Eddie Vedder : setlists, photos, impressions et commentaires

Ed - Berkeley, 7 avril 2008

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Mars 27, 2008 8:06 am

Salle: Zellerbach Theatre

Membre(s) PJforum présent :

Setlist: Walkin' the Cow (Daniel Johnston), Around the Bend, I Am Mine, Dead Man, I´m Open, Man of the Hour, Setting Forth, Guaranteed, No Ceiling, Far Behind, Rise, Millworker (James Taylor), Goodbye, Satellite, Driftin', Hide Your Love Away (Beatles), Here's To The State (Phil Ochs), Yeast Power! (Yeastie Girlz), Trouble (Cat Stevens), If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out (Cat Stevens), Parting Ways, Forever Young (Bob Dylan), Porch

Rappels 1: Society (w/ Jerry Hannan), Growin' Up (Bruce Springsteen), Lukin, No More, Arc

Rappel 2: Hard Sun (w/ Liam Finn on drums, Jerry Hannan & Eliza-Jane Barnes on vocals)
:bb: Jeremy est né le 28.04.06 et Fanny le 17.07.09 :bb:
Olikatie

Message(s) : 17466

Re: Ed - Berkeley, 7 avril 2008

Message par strummer » Mar Avr 08, 2008 10:27 am

walking the cow
around the bend
I am mine
dead man walking song?
l'm open
man of the hour
setting forth?
guaranteed
no ceiling
far behind
rise
"for the rest of my life.. man from massachusetts "?
goodbye
"song for damien echols (wm3) never before played live..ukelele love song" but played because his wife(gf?) is in the audience
drifting
you've got to hide your love away
(obama banner paraded behind ed..story about fugazi and the yeastie girls with cover..)
here's to the state of george w
trouble
if you want to sing out sing out (cat stevens)
parting ways
forever young
porch
-----------
society (with guest jerry hann(?), who wrote it)
growin up
lukin
no more war
arc
----------
hard sun(f liam finn,backup singers)

Maman sa race esta bueno chocopops, I bande again and again
paris marseille barcelone vérone berne londres dusseldorf munich berlin los angeles los angeles londres manchester dublin belfast stockholm manchester milan
strummer

Message(s) : 9354

Message par Olikatie » Mar Avr 08, 2008 10:35 am

http://theskyiscrape.com/forums/viewtop ... =3&t=75030

"song for damien echols (wm3) never before played live..ukelele love song" but played because his wife(gf?) is in the audience

->

dans l'ordre

millworker
satellite
society with jerry hannan
Olikatie

Message par Spark » Mar Avr 08, 2008 11:38 am

Oh putain c'est bon ça
SPARK BLOG : http://sparkaye.blogspot.com/
------------------
señores y señoras, nosotros tenemos más influencia con sus hijos que tu tiene pero los queremos...creado y regado de Los Angeles
Juana's Adicción!
----------------------
Paris (Bercy) 2000
NYC (MSG) 1 2003
NYC (MSG) 2 2003
Paris (Bercy) 2006
Albany Ed Solo (NYC) 2 2009
Berlin (Wuhlheide) 2009
Arras 2010
Arras 2012
Spark

Message(s) : 747

Message par Beyond » Mar Avr 08, 2008 11:42 am

Putain jvais pê être y avoir droit à Parting Ways !!!
2006: Dublin, Arnhem, Anvers, Marseille, Paris, Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
2007: Katowice, London
2008: EV Los Angeles 1&2, San Diego 1&2
2009: Rotterdam, Manchester, London
2010: Dublin
Beyond

Message(s) : 473

Message par Olikatie » Mar Avr 08, 2008 12:46 pm

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=280772

Just home now -- OOOOhhhh, he's getting better and better! I might have to start making travel plans for the south! After Santa Cruz's special little song, tonight would, yep, hafta top it. I will say the Zellerbach was a more serene (sterile) place than Santa Cruz -- and sheesh! Santa Cruz definitely out sang No More War! (C'mon! Over Berkeley?!?!?)

Sunset poster, right. Folks buying 3-5 zippos at a time, one case of 50 behind the table. Gone in a blink of an eye!

But yeah the setlist was sweet, Bruce, the special love song (gotta sit down and decipher my pitch black chicken scratches -- yeah he said "First time live."). yes he told the crowd (select members of the aforementioned) to Shut The F*** Up. As he relayed from Tom Waits "Silence. It's like a blank piece of paper. You need a nice blank piece of paper to be creative. You can't work with a piece of paper with scribbling all over it!"

Rest of my life would be Millworker (JT) again. Someone screamed out "Footsteps!" and he kindly stomped across the floor for a while (he has like a "stomp crate" or something in front of him, a flat wooden box - mic'd, behind the case of Corona). "Nice to play a song that I can smoke while playing."

I might of been looped, but there was a yeti sweeping the stage -- didn't see that in SC? Someone shouted out "Who You Voting For, Eddie?"
"I don't think it's right to share my political views..." as two roadies walked a huge OBAMA banner across the back of the stage... That had to be planned I'm thinking. Funny as hell. He is freakin funny! Just constantly. Yeastie Girls -- I jotted down the lyrics fast. one sec on those...

"I guess you know your doing something right when you're in the "Activists of Evil" playing card deck put out by that right wing talk show..."

Not as many little flubs, no real do-overs I don't recall. He has a slight habit of strumming an extra measure to recall the words on a few songs. But he sounded really good. Think it was louder too, better acoustics. Crisp.

But Berkeley ... sat ... through ... Porch!?!?! And pretty much everything til Big Hard Sun. And I think he was a little crazier with BHS at SC than tonight, tonight was really well done, sounded awesome, but his last wailing on the guitar seemed to be more wiggy on Saturday....

But Arc ("We're doing science here....") was better tonight, some last looping screams just chilling ... and he let it run for a long time after he left the stage.

I think you coulda stuffed four of the SC Civic Auditoriums into the Zellerbach. Much bigger, few more hecklers, but overall more sedate -- oh heck, what do I know, I never turned around cause I was in the 3RD ROW!!!! yeah, that's what prolly made it soo much better! McCready Side!!!
Olikatie

Message par dvi2702 » Mar Avr 08, 2008 4:40 pm

#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Message par myth4343 » Mar Avr 08, 2008 8:16 pm

strummer a écrit :walking the cow
around the bend
I am mine
dead man walking song?
l'm open
man of the hour
setting forth?
guaranteed
no ceiling
far behind
rise
goodbye
drifting
you've got to hide your love away
(obama banner paraded behind ed..story about fugazi and the yeastie girls with cover..)
here's to the state of george w
trouble
if you want to sing out sing out (cat stevens)
parting ways
forever young
porch
-----------
growin up
lukin
no more war
arc
----------
hard sun(f liam finn,backup singers)

Maman sa race esta bueno chocopops, I bande again and again

C'est trop la fête!!!!!!!

Vivement jeudi!!!
Londres 2007; Nijmegen 2007; Werchter 2007
myth4343

Message(s) : 2325

Message par dvi2702 » Mar Avr 08, 2008 8:19 pm

performing 'hard sun'
dvi2702

Message par strummer » Mar Avr 08, 2008 11:54 pm

DVI2702 a écrit :Image
performing 'hard sun'

avec les bee gees en backin vocal
paris marseille barcelone vérone berne londres dusseldorf munich berlin los angeles los angeles londres manchester dublin belfast stockholm manchester milan
strummer

Message(s) : 9354

Reviews

Message par dvi2702 » Mer Avr 09, 2008 9:11 am

Vedder ventures into the wild, without a band, and connects with Berkeley crowd

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... ertainment

With an Academy Award-nominated soundtrack far removed from the dense electric rock of his band Pearl Jam, songwriter Eddie Vedder took his first tentative steps toward galvanizing that solo career with a theater-date tour around California that played Monday at UC Berkeley's Zellerbach Auditorium.

So earnest it almost hurts, Vedder sampled his "Into the Wild" soundtrack, some Pearl Jam songs, favorites from the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens and others, in a sprawling, accomplished two-and-a-half-hour concert for an exuberant crowd that gobbled up the precious tickets as soon as they went on sale. Billed as his first solo tour, it is an act he has previously tried out before Bay Area audiences at acoustic performances for Neil Young's annual Bridge School benefits at Shoreline Amphitheatre.

He ambled out, sat on a stool and bent over an electric guitar to sing "Walking the Cow," a song written by Texas "outsider" songwriter Daniel Johnston, and didn't look up until he'd finished three songs. "I'm going to connect a lot of dots up here tonight," he told the reverent, raucous crowd.

Purposefully, carefully, Vedder worked his way through a program drawn from deliberately different areas of his work. He featured his guitar playing - something he doesn't get to do a lot in his rock band - decorating his strumming with Gypsy flourishes and sudden, little percussive belches. Slowly he opened up under the spotlight, warming to the task and allowing the fervent audience - Pearl Jam was one of the few rock bands of the '90s to attract that kind of fanatical followers - to shout out greetings he vaguely, respectfully acknowledged.

Vedder knows his audience. He could recollect in detail watching punk rockers Fugazi - and this was an audience that gave a roar of recognition to Fugazi, but barely tittered at the mention of folksinger Phil Ochs - at the defunct University Avenue nitery, Berkeley Square, where he met Tim Armstrong of Berkeley ska-punkers Rancid, name-checking Armstrong's original group (Operation Ivy) and mentioning an obscure set of records released from the Berkeley punk club, 924 Gilman Street.

He not only featured a segment devoted to songs from his Academy Award-nominated soundtrack - "Ahh, just something else to clean," he countered to someone from the crowd hollering he should have won the Oscar - but he also brought out Marin County songwriter Jerry Hannan at the encore to sing Hannan's "Society" from the soundtrack. "Wild" director Sean Penn was in the audience.

Vedder played electric ukulele and banjo. He also used a pair of microphones to make vocal loops that created an eerie wall of his own vocals to end the first set of encores. His own material leans toward an intense, droning style, using ringing chords to build rising choruses. When he applied his trademark vocal style to more melodic pieces, such as "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away," he toed the edge of caricature.

His low-key manner and self-effacing instincts put him at ease with the audience, and Vedder is very much a performer who never entirely strips away his shyness. In the end, he wins over the audience with cozy intimacy that doesn't seem forced or practiced partly because he so clearly isn't entirely comfortable.

"I never went to school and I'm not used to being on campus," he said. "I'm not used to being around people smarter than me."

He chuckled at his own remark. "That's sort of evil, if you think about what I just said," he added.

Vedder wants to melt away the distinction between him and his audience. His songs stand on strong moral values, not just the obvious, preachy songs such as "No More," but even the more imagistic, evocative pieces. He may be a serious-to-the-point-of-somber, somewhat humorless young man, but he is desperately trying to communicate ideas to his audience.

Almost alone among the '90s rock bands, Pearl Jam kept a devoted following intrigued with the band after the hits. While there is no denying the contributions of his bandmates in the challenging rock outfit, it was Vedder and his sensitive, passionate persona - thinking man to slackers - that stood at the center of the band's appeal. If he wants to take this sly, personable solo act on the road, Vedder will find lots of interest.
ImageImage

Eddie Vedder delivers a Pearl of a solo show in Berkeley

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_8850187?source=rss

Eddie Vedder is best known for his intense performances fronting Pearl Jam. Yet, on his first-ever solo tour, the poster boy for moody alternative rock is showing a drastically different side to his personality.

On Monday, during the first half of a two-night stand at Berkeley's Zellerbach Auditorium, the 43-year-old singer was charming, personable and — no joke — downright funny. In one instance, he even showed the type of comedic timing that a professional funnyman would admire.

"I like to keep my personal politics private," he said, barely keeping a straight face.

At that moment, two stagehands carrying a gigantic Barack Obama sign paraded across the stage. That bit went over extremely well with the Berkeley crowd (go figure) and was a pleasant change of pace for a man often criticized for preaching heavy-handed messages.

It was the rare chance to see the superstar perform in this kind of intimate and informal setting that made Monday's gig such a treat for fans. What he actually played — mainly a mix of relative obscurities from his songbook, selections off of the acclaimed "Into the Wild" soundtrack and an assortment of covers — wasn't nearly as important as how he played it.

Vedder took the stage around 9 p.m., opening the show with a nice cover of Daniel Johnston's "Walking the Cow," and for the next two hours he acted as if he was just playing whatever came to mind in front of a small gathering of friends in his living room. Alone beneath the bright lights, he simply sat on a stool and belted out such songs as "Around the Bend," "I am Mine" and "Dead Man Walking." He performed on a variety of electric and acoustic instruments, including guitar, banjo and ukulele, and he proved more than competent on each set of strings. Vedder's guitar work, in particular, matches his forceful vocal approach — it's powerfully rhythmic and emphatic to the extreme. His strumming arm fires like a piston, whether or not that technique actually serves the song. Indeed, Vedder seems be trying to compensate for his missing Pearl Jam buddies with each stroke across the strings.

Making music, however, is only half of what's expected during these stripped-down, semi-acoustic solo shows. The other part is the between-songs banter, during which the stars use the intimate occasions to tell jokes and stories. Vedder started out slow in this regard, seeming a little bit uncomfortable in the setting, but warmed up to the role as the night progressed.

Besides the rehearsed Obama bit, Vedder also drew big laughs with the story that followed the "Into the Wild" track "Guaranteed." Many expected that the Golden Globe-winning tune would be a surefire bet come this year's Academy Awards. Yet, voters thought otherwise. Thus, Vedder pointed out, "Guaranteed" did not get to join the illustrious musical company of such past-Oscar nominees as "Ghost Busters." "That song I just played you is not as good as `Ghost Busters,'" Vedder smirked. "But I'm going to keep trying." As the main set drew to a close, Vedder began piling on the cover songs and delivered thrilling versions of the Beatles' "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away," Bob Dylan's "Forever Young" and a pair of Cat Stevens' numbers, "Trouble" and "If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out." He closed the main set with the Pearl Jam favorite "Porch" and then returned to perform six songs during two highly enjoyable encore segments.

This solo tour is just a temporary gig for Vedder — he'll reunite with Pearl Jam for a batch of shows later in the year. Yet, his showing in Berkeley was impressive enough to make one hope that he'll make this routine part of his regular arsenal.

ImageImage
dvi2702

Message par le moustique rouge » Ven Avr 11, 2008 1:45 pm

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=192151

-> le concert (complet ?) en flac, le son est excellent (j'ai juste écouté hard sun pour l'instant) :cow:
[center]Image[/center]

on peut rire de tout mais pas avec n'importe qui
le moustique rouge

Message(s) : 587

Message par Blackcorduroy » Ven Avr 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Comment qu'on fait qd on a pas de compte ? On pleure ? Please help.
Tour 2006: Marseille / Paris / Bern / Bologne / Verone / Milan / Turin / Pistoia
Tour 2007: Madrid / Venise (annulé) / Londres / Nimeque / Werchter / Dusseldorf
Tour 2009: Rotterdam / Manchester / Londres
Tour 2010: Dublin / Belfast / Arras / Werchter
Tour 2012: Manchester I & II / Amsterdam I & II / Werchter / Arras
Tour 2014: Amsterdam I & II / Milan / Berlin
Tour 2016: Philly I & II / NYC I & II
Blackcorduroy

Message(s) : 6052

Message par Soso21 » Ven Avr 11, 2008 10:43 pm

Faut persevérer et essayer de s'inscrire plein de fois, à un moment donné ça finit par marcher
Soso21

Message(s) : 415

Message par Mookie Blaylock » Ven Avr 11, 2008 10:51 pm

Il est aussi dispo chez Zomb.
Pas encore écouté en entier mais ce boot est de très bonne qualité.
Je suis pas fan de la version de ARC sur album mais ici j'en reste bouche bée !
Mookie Blaylock

Message(s) : 5447

Message par GreenDisease » Sam Avr 12, 2008 12:08 am

Oh put*** ça fait du bien d'avoir du son et bonne qualité (+++) de se que fait Eddie là, en s'moment ...

Quel plaisir t'entendre Sattelite, Goodbye, ... Parting Ways, les nouvelles reprises ... Millworker, ...

Bref ! GROS MERCI !!! pour ce boot !!
Montreal, Bell Centre,Sept 15th,2005/Quebec City, Colisee Pepsi,Sept 20th,2005/Arnhem, Gelredome,Aug 29th,2006/Antwerp, Sportpaleis,Aug 30th,2006/Marseille, Le Dôme de Marseille,Sept 9th,2006/Paris, Bercy,Sept 11th,2006/Bern, Bern Arena,Sept 13rd,2006/London, Wembley Arena,June 18th, 2007/Nijmegen, Goeffert Park,June 28th,2007/Werchter,Werchter Festival, June 29th,2007/London, O2 Arena,Aug 18th,2009/Arras, Main Square Festival,July 3rd,2010/Arras, Main Square Festival,June 30th,2012
GreenDisease

Message(s) : 2591

Message par Wayan » Sam Avr 12, 2008 1:03 am

le moustique rouge a écrit :http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=192151

-> le concert (complet ?) en flac, le son est excellent (j'ai juste écouté hard sun pour l'instant) :cow:

Mookie Blaylock a écrit :Il est aussi dispo chez Zomb.

Merci à vous deux! :D

Wayan
Anvers 2006 - Paris 2006 - Nijmegen 2007 - MSG1 NY 2008 - Ed Montréal1 2008 - Montréal 2011 - Ottawa 2011 - Hartford 2013
Wayan

Message(s) : 109

Message par le moustique rouge » Sam Avr 12, 2008 9:41 am

Mookie Blaylock a écrit :Je suis pas fan de la version de ARC sur album mais ici j'en reste bouche bée !

moi c'est l'inverse, sur le boot elle fait trés "chant corse"
[center]Image[/center]

on peut rire de tout mais pas avec n'importe qui
le moustique rouge

Message(s) : 587

Message par poupou » Sam Avr 12, 2008 10:54 am

Blackcorduroy a écrit :Comment qu'on fait qd on a pas de compte ? On pleure ? Please help.

Il y a une solution sur pearljamamerica section boots 2008 ...posting.php?mode=quote&f=16&p=127076#
poupou

Message(s) : 29

Message par poupou » Sam Avr 12, 2008 11:00 am

Et une autre sur fuelfriends.blogspot...posting.php?mode=reply&f=16&t=3821#
poupou

Message(s) : 29

Suivant

Retour vers EV Tour solo 2008