Ed - Kelly Slater Foundation Benefit Show, 19 avril 2008

La tournée 2008 solo d'Eddie Vedder : setlists, photos, impressions et commentaires

Ed - Kelly Slater Foundation Benefit Show, 19 avril 2008

Message par dvi2702 » Dim Avr 20, 2008 6:55 pm

http://www.theskyiscrape.com/forums/vie ... =3&t=75329

Just thought everyone would be interested to know that Eddie played a show to night at trussels. It was a benefit show with maybe 300 people in attendance. Very amazing show, here is the setlist:

Main Set: Throw your arms around me, I am mine, Betterman, Masters of War, Small Town, Chicago, Guarented, No Ceiling, Far Behind, Rise Up, Milworker, Soon Forget, Drifting, You've got to hide your love away, I won't back down, Last Kiss, Porch

Encore:No More w/ Ben Harper, Indifference W/ Ben Harper and Kelly Slater, Hard Sun W/ "anyone not old enough to drive" in other words he invited all the kids in the house on stage!!!!!!!
Dernière édition par dvi2702 le Lun Avr 21, 2008 9:08 am, édité 1 fois.
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Re: 19/04/2008 - Kelly Slater Foundation Benefit Show (EV Solo)

Message par dvi2702 » Lun Avr 21, 2008 9:06 am

Vedder rocks Slater Foundation Benefit in San Clemente

http://beach.freedomblogging.com/2008/0 ... -clemente/

Pearl Jam lead singer Eddie Vedder performed a special 90-minute show in front of an exclusive group of celebrities, pro surfers and members of the surf industry Saturday at a Kelly Slater Foundation benefit in San clemente.

A crowd of 700 gathered at a private home near the former Western White House to raise money for Surfrider’s Save Trestles campaign and MiOcean, among other charities. Slater was M.C. of the show that also featured a guest appearance by Ben Harper and rare musical appearance by Slater himself.

Actor/director Sean Penn and actresses Cameron Diaz and Laura Dern, and University of Hawaii quaterback and 2007 Heisman Trophy candidate Colt Brennan were in attendance. World tour star Taylor Knox, former WCT surfers Pat O’Connell, Peter Townend and Lisa Anderson, and recent XXL award winners Mike Parsons and Greg Long were also among the attendees. Teenage surfing phenom Courtney Conlogue helped serve up Nalu’s Island Grill.

Before the auction, Robert Shriver, brother-in-law to Gov. Schwarzenegger who was recently fired from the State Park and Recreation Commission along with Clint Eastwood for opposing the governor on the toll road issue, kept the audience thinking about the cause.

“We all thought ‘you must be kidding’” Shriver said of first hearing of the toll road plan. “They’re not kidding. This fight is not over.”

Vedder seized the evening to make political points and joke.

“Half the songs I ever wrote were written in the ocean, so this is my way to give back half the publishing,” he quiped. Later, after knocking off a edgy cover of Tom Petty’s “I Won’t Back Down,” which he called an “activist song” he shouted “Take your (expletive) road and put it somewhere else!”

Noting the attendance of friend and fellow surfer Penn, for whom Vedder contributed songs to the film “Into the Wild,” he said “Sean was looking for a way to donate, so he’s set up a booth and for $500 he’ll punch you in the face,” Vedder joked. “Then he’ll sign the wound in neosporin.”

Although the total amount raised for the evening was not available, guests paid a minimum of $500 to attend the event and the pre-concert auction raised over $150,000. Of the nine items in the auction, the item that received the highest bid was the lunch and full round of golf with Slater and pro golfer Fred Couples for $46,000
dvi2702

Re: Ed - Kelly Slater Foundation Benefit Show, 19 avril 2008

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Avr 24, 2008 7:50 am

VEDDER'S BETTER

Eddie Vedder rocks Kelly Slater Foundation Benefit to Save Trestles

It all made sense the day after. Although I never doubted Eddie Vedder's sincerity towards protecting the waves we play in everyday, sometimes it's tough to comprehend how people's words turn to action.

Vedder, friend/actor Sean Penn, big-wave mogul Jeff Clark, and host Marty Colombatto paddled out in front of Colombatto's estate overlooking Cotton's Point on Sunday -- the morning after a private benefit concert by Vedder in support of the Kelly Slater Foundation. To see the smile on his face and the stoke in his eyes that only surfing can provide calmed my whole deal. It became clear that to Eddie Vedder, surfing was more than just another "environmental cause worth fighting for."

Eddie avec sa casquette de merde

Just twelve hours before, Vedder was on stage in Colombatto's backyard performing a private set for no less than 600 bigwigs and environmental enthusiasts. The newly-founded Kelly Slater Foundation aims to raise money and awareness for environmental groups such as Miocean and Surfrider Foundation. An A-list of surfing's who's who including Taylor Knox, Lisa Anderson, and Peter "PT" Townend mingled amongst the likes of Sean Penn and Ben Harper in the mansion's lawn that stretched practically from Cotton's to Upper's.

"Half of every song I've ever written, was written in the ocean so that's sort of my way of giving back," proclaimed Vedder in between songs, after a borderline explicit rant calling out Governor Schwarzenegger for turning his back on the fight to save Trestles.

The Kelly Slater Foundation Benefit raised over $350,000 for several environmental causes including Miocean, Surfers Healing, The Quiksilver Foundation, Pipeline to a Cure and Surfrider Foundation's efforts to stop the proposed 241 Toll Road from affecting Trestles. Aside from the hefty ticket price, a live auction, which included items such as a round of golf with Kelly and Fred Couples (winning bid was $46,000) and two signed Fender guitar by Slater and Vedder (pulling in $25,000 each), were instrumental in making the first-time event a success.

"Half of every song I've ever written, was written in the ocean so that's sort of my way of giving back."
-- Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder

"It's very rare to see a cause be victorious and I know that we're not all the way there but that was a really great thing that happened a few months ago," said Vedder, commenting on the Coastal Commission's vote against the 241-extension.

The fundraising event's vibe was simple, yet extravagant. There were tasty food stations and myriad bars commingled around the sprawling acreage of the closest house to Trestles. After the dinner/cocktail hour, a motor-mouthed female auctioneer steered the ship before Slater got up and thanked everyone for being there. And just after dusk, Vedder, the 2007 SIMA Environmentalist of the Year, took the stage for an epic solo set.

The crowd rocked for hours to the soothing, yet provocative lyrics of the Pearl Jam frontman before folk icon Ben Harper joined Vedder on stage for the last few songs. Of course, the evening wouldn't have been complete without an impromptu jam session with Slater. The eight-time world champ parked it on stage between Vedder and Harper for the evening's final song, Pearl Jam's "Indifference," to a standing ovation.

"Let's all paddle out for a midnight surf!" belted Vedder after his last jam. While no one was exactly scrambling to put on a wetsuit in the cold night air, Vedder's message that night along with his session the next day spoke volumes towards his personal fight to save our waves.
:bb: Jeremy est né le 28.04.06 et Fanny le 17.07.09 :bb:
Olikatie

Message(s) : 17466

Re: Ed - Kelly Slater Foundation Benefit Show, 19 avril 2008

Message par dvi2702 » Jeu Avr 24, 2008 8:30 am

Olikatie a écrit :Eddie avec sa casquette de merde

C'est pour cacher sa nouvelle coupe de cheveux...
dvi2702

Retour vers EV Tour solo 2008