Ed - New York, 4 août 2008

La tournée 2008 solo d'Eddie Vedder : setlists, photos, impressions et commentaires

Ed - New York, 4 août 2008

Message par Denis » Sam Août 02, 2008 10:54 am

United Palace Theater

Walking the Cow, Trouble, Around the Bend, I Am Mine, Dead Man Walking, I'm Open, Man of the Hour, Sometimes, Setting Forth, No Ceiling, Guaranteed, Far Behind, Rise, Millworker, Soon Forget, Goodbye, [Used to Work in Chicago], Walk Hard, Drifting, Hide Your Love Away, Porch

Encore 1:
Wishlist, Let My Love Open the Door (w/ sing along), Society (w/ Liam), Masters of War, No More, Arc

Encore 2:
Hard Sun (w/ Liam and EJ)
"I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs"
Music Box
Denis

Message(s) : 15078

Re: Ed - New York, 4 août 2008

Message par yoyo » Mar Août 05, 2008 10:02 am

Walking the Cow, Trouble, Around the Bend, I Am Mine, Dead Man Walking, I'm Open, Man of the Hour, Sometimes, Set Forth, No Ceiling, Guaranteed, Far Behind, Rise Up, Millworker, Soon Forget, Goodbye, [Used to Walk in Chicago], Walk Hard, Drifting, Hide Your Love Away, Porch

Encore 1:
Wishlist, Let My Love Open the Door (w/ sing along), Society (w/ Liam), Masters of War, No More, Arc

Encore 2:
Hard Sun (w/ Liam and EJ)
Liam, 25 septembre 2012 / Aimy-Sarah, 11 mars 2008 / Juliette, 23 octobre 2005
1996 : Paris
2000 : Paris
2006 : Anvers, Marseille, Paris
2007 : Londres, Nimègue, Werchter
2008 : Ed solo : Los Angeles 1, Los Angeles 2
2009 : Londres
2010 : Dublin, Arras
2012 : Amsterdam 1, Arras, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhague
2014 : Milan
2017 : Ed solo : Amsterdam 1
2018 : Rome
2020 : Paris, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2
yoyo

Message(s) : 7512

Message par dvi2702 » Mer Août 06, 2008 12:07 am

#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Message par dvi2702 » Mer Août 06, 2008 12:39 am

Masters of War:

Society with Liam Finn:
dvi2702

Message par dvi2702 » Mer Août 06, 2008 1:04 am

Eddie Vedder Scales Back At NYC Solo Show

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art ... 1003835092

Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder relied on little more than his voice and guitar last night (Aug. 4) during the third show of his summer solo tour at New York's United Palace Theatre, offering a 28-song set filled with obscure Pearl Jam songs, covers and material from his "Into the Wild" soundtrack.

Early on, the artist showed his appreciation for the attentive (and non-shouting audience), joking, "We left all the a**holes behind in Boston," where the tour began on Friday. He also admitted he was suffering a bit of a "cold turkey headache" from pain medication he'd been taking for a recent ailment.

But that didn't dampen the show, which found Vedder alternating between electric and acoustic guitar, mandolin and ukulele. A number of Pearl Jam songs that don't work as well as loud rock performances found new life in this scaled-down environment, including "Dead Man," "Drifting" and "Man of the Hour," while covers of Daniel Johnston's "Walking the Cow," James Taylor's "Millworker" and Cat Stevens' "Trouble" reinforced the intimate vibe.

There was plenty of time for audience participation though, particularly on Pete Townshend's "Let Me Love Open the Door," the Beatles' "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away," Pearl Jam's "Porch" and "No More," dedicated to injured Iraq War vet Tomas Young.

Vedder also played a snippet of the title song from the comedy "Walk Hard," in a nod to the film's director Judd Apatow and co-star Paul Rudd, who were in the audience, and sized up the incongruous plastic tubing running across the top of the soon-to-be-renovated theatre: "It's like your looking at an oil painting of Lincoln but he's wearing a baseball cap."

Opening act Liam Finn joined Vedder for two songs from "Into the Wild," the bittersweet "Society" and a full rock version of "Hard Sun," with guest vocals by Eliza-Jane Barnes.

Vedder's tour continues through Aug. 22 in Chicago. Before the end of the year, Pearl Jam is hoping to return to the studio to continue work on its next studio album with producer Brendan O'Brien.
dvi2702

Message par dvi2702 » Ven Août 08, 2008 4:45 pm

Tiens, la même chose en français:

Eddie Vedder en solo

http://www.canoe.com/divertissement/mus ... 46-ca.html

Eddie Vedder, le chanteur de Pearl Jam, s’en est remis à sa voix et à sa guitare lors du troisième spectacle de sa tournée solo estivale à New York lundi dernier.

Le spectacle, présenté au United Palace Theatre, était composé de 28 pièces, dont des chansons méconnues de Pearl Jam, des reprises et des extraits de la bande originale du film Into the Wild.

D’emblée, Vedder a exprimé sa gratitude à son public attentif (mais très silencieux), lançant à la blague: «Nous avons laissé tous les crétins à Boston», ville dans laquelle il avait entamé sa tournée vendredi dernier.

L’auditoire aurait pourtant pu saisir plusieurs occasions de participer, en particulier lorsqu’il a joué Let My Love Open the Door de Pete Townshend, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away des Beatles, Porch de Pearl Jam, et No More, une chanson dédiée au vétéran de la guerre d’Iraq Tomas Young.

Interprétées par Vedder à la guitare acoustique, la guitare électrique, la mandoline et le ukulele, plusieurs pièces de Pearl Jam peu adaptées à un rock musclé ont trouvé leur place dans cet environnement minimaliste, notamment Dead Man, Drifting et Man of the Hour. Des reprises de Walking the Cow de Daniel Johnston, Millworker de James Taylor et Trouble de Cat Stevens ont ajouté à l’atmosphère intime.

Vedder a aussi joué quelques notes de la chanson-thème de la comédie Walk Hard, faisant ainsi un clin d’œil au réalisateur Judd Apatow et à l’acteur Paul Rudd, qui assistaient au concert.

La première partie était assurée par Liam Finn, qui s’est joint à Vedder pour interpréter deux chansons d’Into the Wild, la douce-amère Society et une version plein rock de Hard Sun, le tout agrémenté de la voix d’Eliza-Jane Barnes.

La tournée de Vedder se terminera le 22 août à Chicago. Par ailleurs, Pearl Jam souhaite retourner en studio d’ici la fin de l’année afin de parachever son prochain album avec le réalisateur Brendan O'Brien.
dvi2702

Message par Denis » Ven Août 08, 2008 5:22 pm

j'en profite pour remercier DVI2702, qui agrémente systématiquement chaque sujet de photos, reviews, boots, tout ce qu'il peut trouver, donc merci Daniel :)
"I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs"
Music Box
Denis

Message(s) : 15078

Message par dvi2702 » Ven Août 08, 2008 5:44 pm

dvi2702

Retour vers EV Tour solo 2008