18 octobre - San Francisco

18 octobre - San Francisco

Message par dvi2702 » Lun Oct 20, 2008 9:16 am

18.10.08 San Francisco, CA, Grand Ballroom

Stone Gossard performs "Party Like It's 1999", in San Francisco as Rock The Bike volunteers pedal-power the show.
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Re: 18 octobre - San Francisco

Message par dvi2702 » Mar Oct 21, 2008 5:04 pm

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=306605

gohike a écrit : I went with an open mind. I'm still struggling a bit w/ Stone's latest project, but I wouldn't miss it.

1st. It was not packed. In fact, the emcee actually had to invite people to the front of the stage. Everyone had their space, and I was at most, 5 ft. from front and center for Stone.

2nd. Setlist was identical, and as is custom for me, I enjoyed the music a lot. Stone seemed like he had a great time.

3rd. Stone made reference to a cover song by a guy who may have been "a fag," after he into'd the hot female singer accompanying him (who used to sing for The Fags). It didn't go over too well. I think Stone forgot using the word "fag" in San Fran. may not have been too politically correct!( I thought it was funny). He then apologized!

4th. The show was powered entirely by three bicycles. That was pretty cool.

5th. IT WAS VIDEOTAPED FOR A DVD by Danny Cinch.

6th. Lonny Ho and the Big Babies kicked MAJOR ass. THink of them as reincarnated Weapon of Choice. Very nice surprise!

7th. Very cool venue. Up front, the accoustics sucked, but after we went to the rear of the venue to get our drink on after Stone's set, it was better.

I can sum up the experience by saying this: $44 got me free food, a ton of free alcohol (people were giving drink tickets away like it was junk mail), good music, and a good cause. Cheers (as usual) to Stone!
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Retour vers Stone Tour solo 2008