Philadelphia, 27 octobre 2009 - Topic Officiel

Tournée 2009, comptes-rendus, souvenirs de la tournée par les membres du forum

Re: Philadelphia, 27 octobre 2009 - Topic Officiel

Message par 4cordes » Mer Oct 28, 2009 2:19 pm

Olikatie a écrit :toi tu n'as pas regardé mes pjbootstrading stats!

qu'on le pende !! :twisted:
moi je les regarde, les stats, oli :wink:

(NB: j'ai bien ciré, là, c'est bon ?)
Paris 2000 , Leeds 2006 , Anvers 2006 , Marseille 2006 , Paris 2006 , Londres 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Arras 2010, Arras 2012 (to be continued...)

Keep on rockin' in the free world.....

Amandine est née le 21 mars 2006, Ella est arrivée le 22 octobre 2008, et Sibylle la petite dernière le 17 mars 2010
4cordes

Message(s) : 2116

Message par Olikatie » Mer Oct 28, 2009 2:23 pm

c'est parfait, merci :wink:
:bb: Jeremy est né le 28.04.06 et Fanny le 17.07.09 :bb:
Olikatie

Message(s) : 17466

Message par Patrick Bateman » Mer Oct 28, 2009 2:24 pm

J'espère qu'ils joueront Even Flow :clap2:
Patrick Bateman

Message(s) : 2426

Message par Denis » Mer Oct 28, 2009 3:01 pm

please play Alive!!!
"I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs"
Music Box
Denis

Message(s) : 15082

Message par Julien » Mer Oct 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Olikatie a écrit :toi tu n'as pas regardé mes pjbootstrading stats!

Pardon grand maître!! Vas- y molo sur les pierres stp...
* 2006 : Anvers
* 2007 : Nijmegen - Werchter
* 2010 : Nijmegen - Werchter
* 2012 : Amsterdam 1
* 2014 : Amsterdam 2
Julien

Message(s) : 3065

Message par Denis » Mer Oct 28, 2009 5:00 pm

Olikatie a écrit :sympa le poster :D

le concept aussi
About those posters

In response to a number of questions, yes I did a series of four posters for the Philly shows this week which will form one large scene when placed next to each other (though with gaps left in the images between each poster so they don’t have to be jammed right up against each other to look right, if that makes sense).

Since these were for a series of shows the week of Halloween, my idea was to have a giant retro pop-culture costume-party theme — superheroes, robots, space people, monsters, etc., along with a number of band-related/requested “cameos” in the background, all (at least in my mind’s eye) comprising the audience to the last shows at the Spectrum.

The trick was to design four posters which would each stand alone, would work as a larger image when the full set was displayed together, and would work when displayed in sets of two or three. I knew that some people would be attending all four shows and I wanted to create something special for them, but I didn’t want anyone who could only attend one or two shows feeling that they “had” to get the entire set.

As for questions about a signed and numbered edition of the set — definitely not until after the New Year. I’m still recuperating from the Chicago poster sale.

Also: apparently the images are also being used on shirts. Last night was the first I’d heard about that. I guess you can form a larger image with those as well, if you get three other friends together and each wear a different night’s shirt …

donc, le jeu est de reconnaître les personnages du poster :P

A 1ere vue, sans me brûler les yeux, Julius Erving, Charles Barkley, Johnny Ramone

Music Box
Denis

Message par Mikeb » Mer Oct 28, 2009 5:19 pm

http://blogs.delawareonline.com/pulpculture/?p=5456

If you have tickets to Pearl Jam’s final two nights at the Spectrum — either tonight or Saturday — brace yourself.

Not only will the concerts be the final two events ever held at the Spectrum, but Eddie Vedder promised that his band is determined to make them as special as possible.

“It’s an honor this band takes very seriously,” Vedder said mid-show Tuesday, the first of their four-night run at the vaunted arena, slated for demolition at the end of the year. “We plan on playing every song we know.”

To meet the goal of performing every song off Pearl Jam’s nine studio albums, Vedder and the band dug deep Tuesday for a 3-1/2 hour concert, which included a tribute to The Who’s 1973 “Quadrophenia” concert at the Spectrum with “Love, Rein o’er Me” and a raucous closer in Neil Young’s “Rockin’ in the Free World.”

The show was split in two by an acoustic set in the middle with Vedder performing with various members of the band, in addition to string quartet from Philadelphia for “Just Breath” and “The End.”

Dressed in a flannel shirt over a black Social Distortion t-shirt (a nod to the night’s solid opening act), Vedder was in terrific spirits. He smiled throughout, heaped praise on his host city and took swig after swig from his omnipresent bottle of wine.

“We’ve been thinking about these gigs for a long time now,” Vedder said of their goodbye to the arena, which has plenty in common with the Seattle rock band: grit, longevity and a strong sense of history.

The career spanning set of hits, B-sides and covers touched on all nine Pearl Jam albums, with songs from the band’s early days like “Black” and “Daughter” alongside several songs from this year’s release “Backspacer,” including the album’s lead single, “The Fixer.”

B-sides “Bee Girl” and “State of Love and Trust” got the acoustic treatment, silencing the Spectrum, setting a tone more like the one found at the Tower Theater in June when Vedder was last in our area for a solo gig.

But giddy fans could hardly contain themselves when rarely played tunes like “Mankind” with guitarist Stone Gossard on lead vocals and “All Those Yesterdays” from 1996’s “No Code” found their way onto the bulging 31-song setlist.

Sounding like a man with an adopted hometown, Vedder ended the night giving out tambourines to fans in the crowd, leaving with these final words: “Spectrum, we love you.”

After 42 years of hosting most the biggest names in rock history, Vedder seems determined to honor their ghosts this week.

And that’s the way it should be.
1996 London- Zurich
2000 Zurich - London
2006 Bern
2010 Berlin
2014 Berlin
2018 Barcelona - Seattle
Mikeb

Message(s) : 2247

Message par dvi2702 » Mer Oct 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Denis a écrit :
Olikatie a écrit :sympa le poster :D

le concept aussi
About those posters

In response to a number of questions, yes I did a series of four posters for the Philly shows this week which will form one large scene when placed next to each other (though with gaps left in the images between each poster so they don’t have to be jammed right up against each other to look right, if that makes sense).

Since these were for a series of shows the week of Halloween, my idea was to have a giant retro pop-culture costume-party theme — superheroes, robots, space people, monsters, etc., along with a number of band-related/requested “cameos” in the background, all (at least in my mind’s eye) comprising the audience to the last shows at the Spectrum.

The trick was to design four posters which would each stand alone, would work as a larger image when the full set was displayed together, and would work when displayed in sets of two or three. I knew that some people would be attending all four shows and I wanted to create something special for them, but I didn’t want anyone who could only attend one or two shows feeling that they “had” to get the entire set.

ça peu donner un truc sympa. :P
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Message par Denis » Mer Oct 28, 2009 5:40 pm

Mikeb a écrit :“It’s an honor this band takes very seriously,” Vedder said mid-show Tuesday, the first of their four-night run at the vaunted arena, slated for demolition at the end of the year. “We plan on playing every song we know.”

B-sides “Bee Girl” and “State of Love and Trust” got the acoustic treatment, silencing the Spectrum, setting a tone more like the one found at the Tower Theater in June when Vedder was last in our area for a solo gig.

bon, j'y crois pas trop, ils devaient ausi le faire en 2003, et ne l'ont pas exactement fait (même s'ils n'avaient répété que YL en trois concerts). Ca voudrait dire 0 répétitions, et je vois mal, par exemple, qu'ils ne jouent plus The Fixer. Mais si je me trompe, je serai très heureux de le reconnaître :)

Puis, ils connaissent plus que 120 morceaux :)

Oh, et SOLAT acoustique???

edit : ok, vu la vidéo, encore un "journaliste" qui ne sait pas ce qu'il raconte...
Music Box
Denis

Message par dvi2702 » Mer Oct 28, 2009 5:50 pm

Quelques détails:
Here's the video they played on the screens before PJ took the stage to the Rocky theme to begin the show:

On le voit pas bien la, mais Matt a joué avec des baguettes qui brillent dans le noir...
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Message par mike baroud » Mer Oct 28, 2009 5:59 pm

eddie bottle vedder a écrit :“We plan on playing every song we know.”

mike baroud a écrit :s'ils avaient de belles grosse couilles sur philly ils feraient l'intégrale des morceaux studios en 4j
ca, ca aurait une putain de gueule

mike baroud a écrit :franchement, agonie ou pas pour vedder, là ce serait dantesque
au bout de 9 albums studios, de plusieurs centaines de concerts, ca serait un pari énorme et une belle prise de risque

une sorte de renouveau. une belle baffe à la gueule des gens qui comme moi les sentent sur le déclin

ca puerait gravement la classe

et puis ils pourraient sortir un coffret édition limité et tout que strummer s'empresserait de commander pour le recevoir deux ans après sa parution :mrgreen:

come on ! :mrgreen:
http://www.riverandroads.com/

If I can ask one thing when I am dead 
would you lay me down by the river bed? 
let me wash away 
let it take me back from where I came 
all I am and all I was is just 
blood and dirt and bones and mud 
and I'm better off that way 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message(s) : 11083

Message par mike baroud » Mer Oct 28, 2009 6:00 pm

ha et le poster bute tout
meme les sefs de mémé

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par Denis » Mer Oct 28, 2009 6:15 pm

je viens de voir la vidéo de SOLAT, mais c'est quand même nullissime un public qui bouge pas :/ enfin, à part taper son poing en l'air à la redneck
Music Box
Denis

Message par mike baroud » Mer Oct 28, 2009 6:20 pm

en fait voir pj aux states ca me fait pas du tout rêver hormis pour les set list
j'aurai vraiment peur de me faire chier aux concerts

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par Denis » Mer Oct 28, 2009 6:23 pm

mike baroud a écrit :en fait voir pj aux states ca me fait pas du tout rêver hormis pour les set list
j'aurai vraiment peur de me faire chier aux concerts

tu serais tranquille pour les tofs, au moins
Music Box
Denis

Message par mike baroud » Mer Oct 28, 2009 6:45 pm

mouais
les tofs de concerts ca m'amuse mais je prends vraiment mon pied qu'a trois quatre mètres max du groupe ... après c'est de l'aléatoire
limite je trouve ca cool d'avoir de belles tofs à 10m quand t'as du suer eaux et sangs pour les obtenir :mrgreen:

sincèrement pour moi un public déchainer qui saute dans tous les coins, limite hargneux ca fait toute la différence

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par Denis » Mer Oct 28, 2009 6:49 pm

mike baroud a écrit :mouais
les tofs de concerts ca m'amuse mais je prends vraiment mon pied qu'a trois quatre mètres max du groupe ... après c'est de l'aléatoire
limite je trouve ca cool d'avoir de belles tofs à 10m quand t'as du suer eaux et sangs pour les obtenir :mrgreen:

sincèrement pour moi un public déchainer qui saute dans tous les coins, limite hargneux ca fait toute la différence

d'où le "tranquille", t'es pas censé être tranquille à un concert rock...
Music Box
Denis

Message par mike baroud » Mer Oct 28, 2009 6:53 pm

ouais je sais

mais ca m'excite pas ton plan là :mrgreen:

on fera jamais rien de mieux qu'un show en dehors des states pour l'ambiance !

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par froggy bunnyman » Mer Oct 28, 2009 7:21 pm

mike baroud a écrit :sincèrement pour moi un public déchainer qui saute dans tous les coins, limite hargneux ca fait toute la différence

Punk's not dead 8-)

Même si à 41 piges, j'ai arrêté de sauter dans tous les coins, normal... mais au moins je continue d'aller aux concerts, contrairement à des potes coincés dans leur canapé :mrgreen:
Paris + Marseille 2006, Londres + Werchter 2007, Belfast + Arras 2010, Arras 2012, Lollapalooza Paris 2022...
Spin, spin !
froggy bunnyman

Message(s) : 2855

Message par Beyond » Mer Oct 28, 2009 7:23 pm

et bing un Rival & ATY 8-)
2006: Dublin, Arnhem, Anvers, Marseille, Paris, Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
2007: Katowice, London
2008: EV Los Angeles 1&2, San Diego 1&2
2009: Rotterdam, Manchester, London
2010: Dublin
Beyond

Message(s) : 473

PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers Alive 2009