Ft. Lauderdale, FL Broward Center - 01 décembre

La tournée 2012 solo d'Eddie Vedder : setlists, photos, impressions et commentaires

Ft. Lauderdale, FL Broward Center - 01 décembre

Message par dvi2702 » Dim Oct 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Membre du pjforum présent: Monkey Wrench

Setlist:

Poster:
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Re: Ft. Lauderdale, FL Broward Center - 01 décembre

Message par Denis » Sam Déc 01, 2012 8:39 pm

(Tom Tomorrow)
"I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs"
Music Box
Denis

Message(s) : 15081

Message par strummer » Sam Déc 01, 2012 11:00 pm

quelle affiche rafraichissante
paris marseille barcelone vérone berne londres dusseldorf munich berlin los angeles los angeles londres manchester dublin belfast stockholm manchester milan
strummer

Message(s) : 9354

Message par yoyo » Dim Déc 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Eddie Vedder
Broward Ctr. Perf. Arts
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Dec. 01, 2012

Show Two Set List

(“In the immortal words of Marvin Gaye, “Let’s get it on”

01. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

(“Who ever said, ‘Florida is a sunny place for shady people’, it wasn’t me. I don’t often say this, and the crew knows I don’t say this, ...this is one of the few times where I wish it was going to last longer.”)

02. Girl From The North Country-(Dylan)

(Ed asks for the house lights to be turned up so he can see the 5 year old child someone has brought to the show. “I could only see these little legs moving...”
A man and woman both shout “I love you Eddie.” Ed says, “Her I believe. You? I think that is the alcohol talking but I will take it either way.”)

03. Can’t Keep

(“I know the little five year old girl can’t relate to this song yet. When you get older be careful of those boys out there. Find a good one. As good as your dad.”)

04. Sleeping By Myself
05. Without You

(Some drunk shouts “Freebird.” Ed says, “That is such a Florida thing to say. You don’t want to represent your state like that. But I will play ‘Margaritaville’. As the crowd continues to shout requests Ed says, “Oh, actually I heard one. That is good. Just to prove that I will occasionally play something someone shouts at me. This is from The Who. When they played it, it legitimized the ukulele as an instrument to me. When I started to learn how to play it was the first song I learned. And the first song I ever wrote sounds a lot like it. I never gave Pete any money but we're still friends. Pete is mentioned heavily in my will.”)

06. Blue, Red And Grey-(Townshend)
07. Wishlist

(Ed talks about going through a tragic experience and trying to tell someone about. He says the least helpful thing a person can say back is, “I can’t even imagine going through that.” He says, “well try to imagine it and tell me what to do.” “Sometimes you run into something terrible and you just have to go through it. This next song is about that.”

08. Thumbing My Way

(Ed talks about what led to him writing the song “Unthought Known” and how he forgot to send some items he promised to sign for friend.)

09. Unthought Known
10. Speed Of Sound
11. Far Behind
12. No Ceiling
13. Guaranteed
14. Long Nights w/ Glen Hansard
15. Deadman

(“It is getting to be the end of the tour and there are few songs I haven’t got to yet. This one I have only played a few times...It is such a beautiful song that I don’t want to fuck it up. I just want to get it right. It is such a beautiful song by Nick Cave, who has an encyclopedia full of beautiful songs. So maybe with your help I can get through it.”)

16. The Ship Song-(Nick Cave)

(While Ed is saying he wants to make sure he doesn’t mess up the next song in honor of the writer because it is of such delicate beauty a woman in the audience repeatedly shouts “daughter, daughter, daughter, daughter, daughter.” Ed says, “Yeah, I have two” and finishes his description of the delicate ballad he is going to play and hopes he won’t mess it up.)

17. Lukin (he messes it up)
18. Porch

Encore Break 1

(Ed notes that “not a lot of musicians get the kind of response you guys are giving me and I really appreciate it. I have two more shows left and I just can’t imagine it being any better than this, so thank you.” He notes that he has some friends in the audience that are celebrating very long relationships. He dedicates the song to all of those that have 20 years and those that will have 20.)

19. Just Breathe

(Ed talks about Willie covering his song. He notes that he has been talking about smoking pot a lot lately even though he doesn’t smoke that much anymore. “When I was 18 that was my life, smoking pot. That is why I had to stop smoking it for ten years. I don’t think you should go to jail for it but pot will definitely break your motivation. I had to stop so I could get my life together.”)

20. Pump Organ
21. V. White (Boss Loop Sample preset. music is a slow R&B groove. Ed uses a basso profondo voice and talks about various things in Florida and does a lot of “Oh Yeah..” After words he apologizes to Glen’s mom who is in the audience.)

22. Parting Ways
23. The End

(Ed invites Chan Marshall out to sing with him. He describes her as one of his favorite singers and songwriters and is thrilled to have her out here with him and they are going to sing a couple of songs together. When Chan gets onstage some drunk shouts a bunch of unintelligible gibberish for about 15 seconds before finally stopping after being told to shut up by another member of the audience.)

24. Good Woman w/ Chan Marshall-(Chan Marshall). (Ed sings lead vocal and plays acoustic guitar. Chan sings back up vocals and plays acoustic guitar.)

(“This is a song I have done a lot on this tour but only since last night have I been able to do it with the person I recorded it with.”)

25. Tonight You Belong To Me w/ Chan Marshall-(Rose/David)

(Ed mentions that tour is ending in a few days and has some big waves to catch and they need to finish up the next Pearl Jam record. Ed asks Glen if he has finished writing those songs for him. (implying that Ed was getting Glen to write songs for the album so he they can finish). Ed says on the other hand he doesn’t want the tour to end because he has enjoyed playing with Glen so much.)

26. Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Hannan)
27. Sleepless Nights w/ Glen-(Bryant, Bryant) {played normally-not busked}

(Some guy gets up onstage while Ed is talking about politics and the divide between the rich and poor. Ed sees the guy who appears to try and hand him a CD or something. Ed says, “Be careful man, this is a ‘stand your ground’ state. I could shoot you. It is your law around here. Be careful. I will listen to this later, maybe. But you gotta be careful man. Especially when I am talking about politics.”)

28. This Land Is Your Land-(Guthrie)
29. Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard-(Hansard, Irglová)

(Ed talks about the wounded warriors program and tells the person who was chanting “USA, USA” after ‘This Land Is Your Land” and says, I am not singling you out but I have heard people chant that when we talk about certain things and think we are speaking negatively. The gist of Ed’s message is about the need to really support our troops and give them the care they need and deserve. He explains how “Arc” was built and gives the math on how long it would take to create a song for all of the soldiers killed and wounded. The song for 9 people is about 3 minutes. For all the troops it would be about 11 days.)

30. Arc

Encore Break 2

31. Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard & Chan Marshall-(Peterson)

(Ed thanks Sean Casey, who is the person that suggested a successful treatment after Ed hurt his back that lead to the shows being rescheduled.

32. Dream A Little Dream-(Gus Kahn, Wilbur Schwandt, Fabian Andree)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

Glen Hansard Set List
01. Seven Day Mile
02. Come Away To The Water
03. Love Don’t Leave Me Waiting

(Glen talks about having his mother and niece at the shows here. Glen invites his niece Amy up to sing with him.)

04. This Gift w/ Amy Hansard
05. Bird Of Sorrow
06. Way Back In The Way Back When
07. Movin’ On
08. Astral Weeks-(Van Morrison)/Smile-(Ament, Vedder)
Liam, 25 septembre 2012 / Aimy-Sarah, 11 mars 2008 / Juliette, 23 octobre 2005
1996 : Paris
2000 : Paris
2006 : Anvers, Marseille, Paris
2007 : Londres, Nimègue, Werchter
2008 : Ed solo : Los Angeles 1, Los Angeles 2
2009 : Londres
2010 : Dublin, Arras
2012 : Amsterdam 1, Arras, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhague
2014 : Milan
2017 : Ed solo : Amsterdam 1
2018 : Rome
2020 : Paris, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2
yoyo

Message(s) : 7514

Message par Denis » Dim Déc 02, 2012 12:43 pm

(Ed mentions that tour is ending in a few days and has some big waves to catch and they need to finish up the next Pearl Jam record. Ed asks Glen if he has finished writing those songs for him. (implying that Ed was getting Glen to write songs for the album so he they can finish).

:mrgreen: au moins il a de l'humour, Ed :)
Music Box
Denis

Message par XWayne » Dim Déc 02, 2012 3:54 pm

yoyo a écrit :(Ed invites Chan Marshall out to sing with him. He describes her as one of his favorite singers and songwriters and is thrilled to have her out here with him and they are going to sing a couple of songs together. When Chan gets onstage some drunk shouts a bunch of unintelligible gibberish for about 15 seconds before finally stopping after being told to shut up by another member of the audience.)

24. Good Woman w/ Chan Marshall-(Chan Marshall). (Ed sings lead vocal and plays acoustic guitar. Chan sings back up vocals and plays acoustic guitar.)

(“This is a song I have done a lot on this tour but only since last night have I been able to do it with the person I recorded it with.”)

25. Tonight You Belong To Me w/ Chan Marshall-(Rose/David)

:shock: :prie:

Sinon c'est le festival des imbéciles dans le public sur cette tournée... :$$$:
XWayne

Message(s) : 3026

Message par nono_thing_man » Dim Déc 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Denis a écrit :Sinon c'est le festival des imbéciles dans le public sur cette tournée...

si ça pouvait le convaincre de faire moins de US tour et plus d'Euro Tour à l'avenir...
Paris 2006, Turin 2006, Lisbonne 2007, Manchester 2009, Berlin 2010, EV Solo Providence 2011, EV Solo New York 1&2 2011, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Milan 2014, New York 2016, Milan 2018, Barcelone 2018
nono_thing_man

Message(s) : 474

Message par Denis » Dim Déc 02, 2012 5:35 pm

nono_thing_man a écrit :
Denis a écrit :Sinon c'est le festival des imbéciles dans le public sur cette tournée...

si ça pouvait le convaincre de faire moins de US tour et plus d'Euro Tour à l'avenir...

à Manchester c'était pas mal non plus, Glen Hansard était fort perturbé par le bruit de la salle, une fille a gueulé un truc pendant un speech de Vedder, plein de gens ont crié des requests débiles, etc etc... Par contre, à Amsterdam...
Music Box
Denis

Message par dvi2702 » Lun Déc 03, 2012 10:34 pm

dvi2702

Message par Monkey Wrench » Mar Déc 04, 2012 3:48 am

2ème show à Ft. Lauderdale. Places en Mezzanine avec vue d'avion sur la droite de la scène, excellent.

J'appréhendais d'aller voir des show en fin de tournée et de le voir carbonisé (cf. Berlin 2006). Et bien il nous a tenu une forme hallucinante. Début du show à 20h45 et tomber de rideau à 23h15... Il a raconté des histoires entre chaque chanson. Il voulait plus partir. Les chansons étaient relativement bien variées entre les deux shows.

Girl From the North Country, Blue, Red and Grey, Wishlist, Thumbing My Way, Dead Man (mais quelle chanson...), The Ship Song (remember Red Rocks 95), Le Pump Organ orgasmique (The Canyon Style). Et ensuite le drame : il nous sort une une chanson R&B complètement délirante. Tout le monde dans la salle était mort de rire. Je sais pas si il y aura un boot ou une vidéo mais si c'est le cas je vous conseille d'écouter ou de voir ça. On a ensuite eu droit à Parting Ways. 12 ans que je l'attendais.

Cat Power remonte à nouveau sur scène. Alors l'effet de surprise n'était plus vraiment là, mais on a eu droit à un Good Woman splendide (avec par contre Vedder en lead et Chan en backup), puis Tonight... Et Arc, voilà quoi...

Bref, 2 super concerts. Un public assez bruyant par moments c'est vrai, mais c'était plus enflammé qu'autre chose avec un Vedder qui n'a pas arrêté de faire le show entre les chansons. Donc c'est resté plutôt bon enfant à part quand l'autre gulu est monté en courant sur scène pour donner un truc à Ed qui était entrain de faire énième théorie politique. Je pense qu'il a cru qu'il allait se recevoir un pruneau pendant 1 seconde à voir sa tête dans les minutes qui ont suivi.

Si vous êtes un jour à Ft. Lauderdale et que vous aimez les bonnes bières, passez faire un tour au Original Fat Cat's sur SW 2nd St. Bar mythique avec de live band du tonnerre qui ont repris les deux soirs de chansons de PJ.

1996.11.09 Zürich CH
2000.06.23 Zürich CH
2006.09.23 Marseille FR, 2006.09.13 Berne CH, 2006.09.23 Berlin DE
2008.06.11 West Palm Beach FL
2009.06.23 EV Atlanta GA, 2009.06.24 EV Atlanta GA
2012.07.04 Berlin DE, 2012.07.10 Copenhage DK, 2012.11.30 EV Ft. Lauderdale FL, 2012.12.01 EV Ft. Lauderdale FL
2017.06.07 EV London UK
2022.06.23 Zürich CH
Monkey Wrench

Message(s) : 1179

Message par Nanyness » Mar Déc 04, 2012 8:10 am

Merci pour ces comptes rendus !
Nanyness

Message(s) : 355

Message par dranx » Mar Déc 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Ouais merci pour les reviews, ça claque !
dranx

Message(s) : 5881

Message par dvi2702 » Mar Déc 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Cool pour toi Monkey Wrench. :)
dvi2702

Retour vers EV Tour solo 2012