08 Juin - Bercy - Paris

Tournée 2000, comptes-rendus, souvenirs de la tournée par les membres du forum

08 Juin - Bercy - Paris

Message par thefrenchconnection » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Membre présents : Thefrenchconnection, Jesterinlove, Lola, Palavas, yoyo, fredbab, Jezus, Dranx, Mike Baroud, Crazy Horse, Ma2tShowman, Hub, petitike, 4cordes, Xwayne, Mookie Blaylock, gbd

SET 1
Sometimes
Breakerfall
Corduroy
Gods' Dice
Animal
Nothing As it Seems
Given To Fly
Evacuation
Alive
Pilate
Better Man
Insignificance
Hold On
Daughter
In Hiding
Wishlist
Grievance
Even Flow
Rearviewmirror

ENCORE 1
Hail, Hail
Go
Once
Light Years
Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
Black
Fuckin' Up

ENCORE 2
Yellow Ledbetter

POSTER

FANVIEWS SYNERGY

Pierrot1180@aol.com:
Just got back from the show:
I can die a happy man,
Now that I've seen Pearl Jam!
Greatest Show on Earth!

Mathieu Bierne (matt@laposte.net):
Sacrebleu (french expression). Yesterday's show was amazing. First the VANDALS. They played for the last time with PEARL JAM, and for this last time they were great. They started with their Grease's cover and they continued with their fantastic pop-punk songs (My girlfriend's dead, And now we dance, It's a fact....) to finish with the usual guitarist' streap tease on I have a date. Just before saying Goodbye farewell... They made the crowd hotter than it was before. They won once again...

So, here it comes... PEARL JAM...Sometimes to start the show and I felt like it's gonna be excellent (I wasn't wrong!!!!) They go on with new songs like Breakerfall, God's Dice, Insignificicance, Nothing as it Seems, Light Years (and some others I don't exactly remember!!!). They didn't forget to play their old songs (and all my favs songs) Corduroy, Fuckin' up, Rearviewmirror, Wishlist, Yellow ledbetter... I can't tell them all they're all great!!!

After the show some conclusions were on my mind: I was one of the greatest show I've ever seen, PEARL JAM is a a great rock'n'roll band, Mike's an amazing guitarist and next time I'll take another tee shirt because mine were really really wet!!! I hope seeing PEARL JAM live another time in few months... They are the rock'n'roll!!!

Guillaume Tavard (polbn@hotmail.com):

Hello there. The show yesterday night was great, professional and with no concessions...and the sound was really good too (It's not always the case in Bercy).

Strangely, I'd say McCready was the star of the evening. I don't know what he was on but he blew the audience away. He really was on another planet and his solos were killing everybody. Oh yeah, and he smashed his guitar on his amp after an amazing version of 'Rearviewmirror 'and he threw some bits of it to the first rows. Gossard was his usual cerebral self but even he looked impressed at McCready performance - at one point Gossard stopped playing and stood aside just to watch McCready play. Also, Vedder insisted they play another encore after 'Fuckin' Up', so they finished on a wonderful 'Yellow Ledbetter' with all the lights on. Bercy was not packed, but there probably was 14.000 people.

Pearl Jam in Paris, June 2000 : mmm, quite a nice evening.

Fabien Poinsard (poinsard@aol.com):

Thanks "Monsieur Mike Mc Cready...Monsieur Jeff Ament...Monsieur Matt Cameron...Monsieur Stone Gossard" Ed says yesterday.

No...thanks to you Eddie.

Mike's Telecaster exploded, a new harmonica for Ed given by a fan, French fans communicant before (5 or 6 holas), during and after the show... a church!!!

Little shampoo with a ...wine bottle, but especially, at the end, Ed taking photos of fans (and one of himself for somebody very lucky).

After 4 years of expectation... today, I'm feel alive!!!

Pierre-Antoine Henry (p_a_henry@post.club-internet.fr):

I will never forget this day. This was my first live experience with Pearl Jam. I had bought my ticket almost 4 months ago and I couldn't stop thinking of the D-Day. I was all the happiest as they played one of my favourites songs "Once." Vedder was really good (especially on "Better Man" and "Daughter") and during "Even Flow," he was on another planet. Before this evening, I loved PJ, now it's incredible, when I listen to them, I am still over there! One more thing, Vedder took a picture of himself and threw it in the audience...I was at 5 meters of the one who caught it...please contact me!

Vivement le prochain concert!

Fleurdelys71@aol.com:
Since 4 PM, I was in front of the door of Bercy, sat on the ground with other fans, waiting for the opening. At 6 PM, the security guys were there and people rushed towards the barriers. About 7 PM, we were coming in. At 8 PM, The Vandals came on stage with a cover of Grease. It was their last day with Pearl Jam. They warmed the audience very well.

When the band came in, one hour later, the audience was literally stirred up. People were diving, shouting, and singing. A Dutch built like a tank was in front of me and sometimes I couldn't see Eddie, but by elbowing my way, I got a better place. I was treated roughly, crushed, black and blue all over but I didn't want to lose one minute of the show.

The band was in good form and more particularly Ed who talked to us and he even thanked us in French! He pleasantly insulted us with a "fuck you" and he made us suit the action to the word for "Fucking up." The band seemed to take pleasure to play as well old hits like "Alive," "Even Flow" or "Daughter" as well as the new songs from Binaural.

When I felt I couldn't breathe anymore, I asked the security guys to help me to leave from there and I saw the end of the show from a little farther.

Mike McCready was thoroughly in his play and Ed's voice carried marvellously. The first encore was extremely long. Eddie thanked us one more time in French and the last song (or the two last songs - I don't remember) were played with the lights on.

After about 2 H 10 of a great Pearl Jam, I went back to my hotel with a lot of bruises, trickling of sweat but with the head full of pictures and sounds, realizing with difficulties that the band was in flesh and bones in front of me. And I promise myself to go and see them again the next time they'll come.

Pascal Frilloux (pascfri@club-internet.fr):
Hail hail the lucky ones,
I refer to those who were in Paris !

What an evening! It will remain in my mind as the best concert I've ever seen. 15,000 people singing on most of the songs: I think even the band was surprised that french people could know the lyrics!

Sometimes is a perfect song to begin with, then Breakerfall, and then the first highlight (to me) with Corduroy. Time goes so quick... The band is very close to the audience, they're not superstars and that's great. Stone can't help smile, Jeff has lost his hat for a long time, Mike is shy in the beginning, but he'll soon be the star of the concert: he runs on "Go", plays the solo with the guitar over his head, and he will destroy his guitar!!!

After an incredible Rearviewmirror, they stop five minutes. For the encore, Eddie is coming on a skateboard, he thanks everyone. They play Hail hail, and especially a magic "Black", that I can't listen anymore on the Ten album without being disappointed ! I could not sing the "tu du du tu du du du" of the chorus, because I could not sing at all ! It was to much ! Mike was on another planet !

Then they did Fucking Up, with Eddie jumping with his tambourine and with the band better than ever ! They finally played Yellow Ledbetter, which gave Mike the opportunity to play another incredible solo: Stone stopped playing and watched him, smiling. After 26 songs (including Pilate) and more than 2 hours of show, I had to go back on earth... My Vs T-Shirt is more than wet !!!

Eddie took pictures of the audience, then took a picture of him (with a Polaroid) and gave it to the crowd. Mike put a cloth he was given, and then the band disappeared. The only thing I can regret is that I have never seen Jack Irons on drums : I was just a little disappointed with Matt, which was not 100% (but the others played at 250%, so... !)

PJ came in France in 1992 and in 1996. I hope they'll be back before 2004 ! And maybe they could do other dates, which could prevent me from doing 650 km to see them ! (even if it's worth it)

Perry van Steenveldt (Perry@pearljam.org):

So there it was.... Pearl Jam once again in Europe giving concerts.... The first thing I heard was they would be playing at Roskilde and well what the hell, if that's the only place they're playing I'll go... Before I got the tickets ordered, there were rumours about a European tour.... WOW

First time I saw them in The Hague, 't Paard, Holland.. As featured on the Small Club Bootleg... They were brilliant, been a fan ever since.... After that there I thought I'd let Pinkpop ('92) fly and went to Torhout, Belgium.... but that show was canceled and Pinkpop was a heavenly concert which i watched at home (sadly)... After that came the 2 concerts in Ahoy, Rotterdam and the last one before Bercy was Amsterdam, RAI, with a terrible sound quality and Pearl Jam promised never to play there again...

But back to the tour... once again i had the choice between Pinkpop, Werchter, Rock am Ring and the normal clubs.... When you live in Holland you usualy don't go to bands playing in clubs in other countries. With festivals thats different.... I heard about the Dutch Fanclub organizing trips to Paris (Fl. 175) and Hamburg and Berlin (Fl. 375 including Hotel).. So I booked....

First stop Paris, Zenith... but that changed to Paris, Bercy I had been to Paris before but never to a club and this time i was going to see Pearl Jam for the fifth time... The bus was full of fans with tapes of Pearl Jam, Videos and a little talking....

It had been a while so i was quite excited, we left at 7.00 o'clock in the morning from Rotterdam Central Station, that meant waking up at 5.15!!!! There was quite a traffic jam which lead to some delay and the bustrip lasted about 7 hours. We got out of the bus at 14.00, and changed the Zenith tickets for the Bercy, and then for me the waiting started. Some other people went downtown to see Paris, but I, I entered the line and waited in the hot sun..

Then there was movement (now at 19.15), was it possible... yes the doors opened and slowly started moving... I was destined to get a place in the front... I had to.... Passed the garts... RUN RUN RUN....

Yes made it... Igot a spot in the front, against the fence somewhere at the midright side of the stage... At about 20.00 the Vandal's came on... never heard of the name but it sounded alright and they realy got the place rocking.... some Grease covers and Sound of music covers and some selfwritten songs like My girlfriends dead (one day I had a girlfriend and then one day she dumped me .... I don't wanna talk about it, but someone always asks about her, so I tell them all SHE'S DEAD) and A-drake ( I've got an a-drake yes i do....)... The punk/skate/ska music sounded realy driven and the bandmembers were crazy...

And then the Vandals were finished the stage was made ready and then....... Nothing at first people were smoking and waiting for Pearl Jam to come... and then suddenly people started to try to make a wave crawl around the venue... and they succeeded it was fantastic it started at the right of the stage... went to back and came to front over the left side.... and then it was over because..... THE COMMERCIALS STARTED!!!!!! I have never ever in my life had such a disappointing experience... they were showing commercials on a big screen like Pearl Jam was a movie or something... It went over my head....

The pushing and shoving in the front started because Pearl Jam came on... Girls and guys screaming for Eddie (Hello, there's more to PJ then just Eddie)..... And they started of easy with sometimes, gliding into Breakerfall old songs gliding into new songs falling back into old songs.... It was beautiful.... Meanwhile my ribs were being crushed into the fence, my back half broken from the people pushing behind me.... my fingers bruised from holding onto the fence...My knees bruised from the fence, my arms bruised from the people pushing me sideways...but I had to stay... and I did.... Everywhere people got pulled out fainted, collapsed... but i had to hold on... i had to... stay alive Crowdsurfers banging on your head... but that wasn't important... Pearl Jam was playing... Then it was over or was it???? No... it wasn't they came back on and continued by saying what a nice time they were having.... They thanked the Vandals and a guy next to me started shouting that the Vandals sucked and that it was a waste of time... Ed just looked and said What did you say....??? The the guy continued with Edddddyyyyyyyyyyyyy, shake my hand, please (how pathetic)... Eddie responded o, fuck you and continued... and i couldn't help myself laughing at the way Ed handled it.... He finished off with Fuckin' up (middleingers in the air saying this is what my son does all the time, he calls it fuckin' up) and Yellow ledbetter...

That was all, it ended in a beatiful solo by Mike who earlier on smashed his (favorite???) guitar... I thought i saw the exhaustion on their faces... Ed got his polaroid camera and shot some pics of the audience... (I must be on the first one he made i think) and himself which he threw into the audience... The concert was over... i was intencely happy glad and when the crowd started spreading out, for the first time this evening i felt my legs... they were still there ... aching like hell... my ribs were pounding with pain... my arms, legs, and body pounding with bruises and pain... my T-shirt wet with sweat and some water that was given in the front... I slowly started twoards the exit, got a new T-shirt (the white one) got a few drinks and went to the bus... I was so satisfied and happy....

The bus left at midnight and I fell asleep... awoke again later with an aching .... everything... it was 5.15 am i recognised some buildings... Rotterdam again at last... I waited till 5.45 for the metro to start and went home... i took a shower and then i had to go to work.. at least i had a sollicitation at 10.00 o'clock so i had to get moving.. still happy, still aching I went there and at 13.00 o'clock i got offered a job... So all's well that ends well.... It was a beatiful day.... Next stop Berlin and Hamburg..... I'll be in the front again, if i make it, this time I'm going to be on the leftside for a change... Maybe the band recognizes me... maybe not... but I'm sure it's going to be a beatiful experience.... again.... I've only seen them five times since 1992... Berlin and Hambrg will be 6 and 7 and Rotterdam 8.... I'm looking forward to it.... Guys keep on making music, keep playing and most of all keep Jamming...

Love, Perry

Guillaume BON (willbon@hotmail.com):
June 8, 2000; Bercy, Paris.
It was the first time I went to see a Pearl Jam concert. It all began at 2 am in Lyon when we decided to leave for the show. 5 hours and 450 km later we where at Bercy. I didn’t enjoy that much the first part but the Vandals where perfect for that.

And then it was them, the band I have been expecting to see for more than 8 years, and I had the best place (for me), in front of the stage in the second rank just between Eddie and Stone with a good view on Matt and Jeff. The 3 first songs were an entrance to the show, when the pubic is completely mad and the band not completely here, but when they start to play Gods’ Dice every body was in harmony. I was happy to ear how the new songs were grate on stage, and I realise that Insignificance and Grievance where as good as the songs from the first albums.

The Rearviewmirror we had that night is unforgettable, with a wonderful jam in the middle. The first encore was incredible, so electric, everybody went crazy. Mike exploded his pink stratocaster on the corner of an amp, breaking the body in two parts. And after having changed it for the metallic green SG, he just run around the band’s place on stage. At the end of Fuckin’up, Stone stand on the side of the stage to see Mike trying to get the best of is SG’wood as if he were inhabit by a Pete Townshend demon. I really appreciate the show we had that night. Eddie told us how happy he was to be in Paris. I hope that, the next time the band will make another show in the south of France.
Thank you for the music you create. “Your light made us stars”

PHOTOS SYNERGY
Vous n’êtes pas autorisé(e) à consulter les fichiers insérés à ce message.
thefrenchconnection

Message(s) : 5124

Re: 08 Juin - Bercy - Paris

Message par Jezus » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Tu peux me compter dans les présents.
07/11/1996 : Paris
08/06/2000 : Paris
01/09/2006 : Barcelona - 09/09/2006 : Massilia - 11/09/2006 : Paris - 19/09/2006 : Torino - 25/09/2006 : Wien
18/06/2007 : London
03/07/2010 : Arras
29/06/2012 : Werchter - 04/07/2012 : Berlin - 05/07/2012 : Berlin
18/06/2018 : London - 05/07/2018 : Berlin - 10/07/2018 : Barcelona - 17/07/2018 : London
17/07/2022 : Paris - 25/07/2022 : Amsterdam
Jezus

Message(s) : 5187

Message par dranx » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:12 pm

idem. My first PJ show :love: :love: 8 ans d'attente, putain. Quand j'ai entendu Vedder dire "Bonsoir" j'ai failli tomber dans les pommes !
dranx

Message(s) : 5879

Message par thefrenchconnection » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Moi j't'avais une de ces gaules ...
thefrenchconnection

Message par dranx » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Hold on dans la setlist ??? Je devais être bourré, je l'ai loupé celle ci !
dranx

Message par thefrenchconnection » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:16 pm

dranx a écrit :Hold on dans la setlist ??? Je devais être bourré, je l'ai loupé celle ci !

J'me suis fait la même réflexion ... dans le doute je l'ai laissé, mais c'est hautement suspicieux ...
thefrenchconnection

Message par dranx » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:19 pm

tu peux la retirer, jamais jouée en live à part en 2009 à Philly je crois.
dranx

Message par Denis » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:19 pm

thefrenchconnection a écrit :
dranx a écrit :Hold on dans la setlist ??? Je devais être bourré, je l'ai loupé celle ci !

J'me suis fait la même réflexion ... dans le doute je l'ai laissé, mais c'est hautement suspicieux ...

c'est un tag de Daughter, pas le Hold On de Lost Dogs.
"I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs"
Music Box
Denis

Message(s) : 15079

Message par mike baroud » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:20 pm

j'y étais aussi, la flemme d'éditer ton post
http://www.riverandroads.com/

If I can ask one thing when I am dead 
would you lay me down by the river bed? 
let me wash away 
let it take me back from where I came 
all I am and all I was is just 
blood and dirt and bones and mud 
and I'm better off that way 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message(s) : 11082

Message par thefrenchconnection » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:29 pm

mike baroud a écrit :j'y étais aussi, la flemme d'éditer ton post

Ton étoile est désormais sur Bercy200 Alley ...
thefrenchconnection

Message par CrazyHorse » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:32 pm

Tu peux rajouter le Showman (ou MA2T pour être précis). Et moi aussi au passage, je crois bien que j'y étais (je vais réécouter le bootleg pour être sûr).
J'ai téléphoné à Stutz.
CrazyHorse

Message(s) : 2102
Localisation : You know I love this place, more than it shows on my face.

Message par thefrenchconnection » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:36 pm

CrazyHorse a écrit :Tu peux rajouter le Showman (ou MA2T pour être précis). Et moi aussi au passage, je crois bien que j'y étais (je vais réécouter le bootleg pour être sûr).

Respect Crazy horse ....

J'ai eu un petit pincement en copiant collant sa Fanview tout à l'heure ...
thefrenchconnection

Message par CrazyHorse » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Ouais, des frissons. Faudrait que je pense à lui donner quelques leçons d'anglais. :)
J'ai téléphoné à Stutz.
CrazyHorse

Message(s) : 2102
Localisation : You know I love this place, more than it shows on my face.

Message par Hub. » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:52 pm

J'y étais aussi. :D
Hub.

Message(s) : 1594

Message par dranx » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:55 pm

Voilà pourquoi j'ai toujours refusé tous les ponts d'or pour devenir modo. Steph tu vas être obligé d'éditer ce post plus d'une centaine de fois. je savais que ce jour allait arriver :mrgreen:
dranx

Message par thefrenchconnection » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 7:58 pm

Il y a des causes qui méritent tous les sacrifices ...
thefrenchconnection

Message par dranx » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 8:07 pm

thefrenchconnection a écrit :Il y a des causes qui méritent tous les sacrifices ...

C'est beau ce que tu dis. La nostalgie nous ferait elle devenir poète ?
dranx

Message par petitike » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Déja 13 ans, j'ai encore mon t-shirt du Binaural Tour.
Arf, Nothing As It Seems et Light Years, énorme!!!
petitike

Message(s) : 481

Message par 4cordes » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 8:35 pm

J'y étais !
Sometimes, NAIS, go ...
l'anecdote de l'harmonica et alive
Paris 2000 , Leeds 2006 , Anvers 2006 , Marseille 2006 , Paris 2006 , Londres 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Arras 2010, Arras 2012 (to be continued...)

Keep on rockin' in the free world.....

Amandine est née le 21 mars 2006, Ella est arrivée le 22 octobre 2008, et Sibylle la petite dernière le 17 mars 2010
4cordes

Message(s) : 2116

Message par dranx » Jeu Nov 07, 2013 8:38 pm

et l'arrivée d'Eddie en long board au rappel .. Exquis !
dranx

Suivant

Retour vers Alive 2000