Corduroy
Insignificance
Of the Girl
Jeremy
Light Years
Nothing as It Seems
Even Flow
Faithfull
Daughter (Hold On and Love Me Two Times tags)
Breakerfall
Rearviewmirror
Better Man
Go

ENCORE 1
Last Exit
Hail Hail
Immortality
State of Love and Trust
Alive

ENCORE 2
Whipping
Last Kiss
Improvisation
Smile
Yellow Ledbetter

Setlist_2000_03.jpg

POSTER

FANVIEWS SYNERGY
Mike Mitchell (corduroy_5@hotmail.com):
For anyone who was there, the San Sebastian show was incredible. Just before the show a heavy rain came down and soaked the die hards, like myself, who were standing in line. Incredibly enough, there were still tickets available to the show about two hours prior. There were many surprised American students travelling through Europe who just stumbled upon the show.

The Vandals opened with a great set and really got the crowd rocking. The crowd went wild when the guitarist took the mic for the final song of the set, stripped down, and started doing gymnastics on the stage.

Pearl Jam took the stage after a pretty lengthy intermission. They opened with Release and the crowd about exploded. I kind of missed the first three songs because I couldn't see anything from the mosh pit and wanted to enjoy the show. The band was in a great mood and sounded superb. The backlighting on the stage was incredible and changed with about every song. Some of the more memorable moments of the show were when Eddie thanked the crowd for singing alot tonight because he had a lot of saltwater in his ears from surfing that afternoon. Eddie also took his usual wine bottle and chugged it down on stage, which brought a lot of cheers.

For the improv at the end of Daughter, Eddie sang, "love me two times, love me two times, love me two times.." in an apparent tribute to the Doors. The band was also in a jovial mood, as Mike brought a mop out on stage, then threw it to the crowd and Eddie remarked that Mike was playing the mop and Jeff was playing the broom tonight. The auditorium was extremely hot. Mike ended up with no shirt on, Eddie went through three shirts, and, this is the big one, JEFF WASN'T WEARING A HAT.

Towards the end of the concert I started to make my way back up front as Matt Cameron tossed one of his drum sticks into the audience. I didn't think that it landed anywhere near me so I didn't bother looking for it, but it turns out that the guy in front of me got it. Needless to say, I am really pissed about that. The final song was Yellow Ledbetter, and was amazing as always. During the final instrumental, Eddie took a really long look at the audience from all angles of the stage and took his traditional polaroids of the crowd. The last time I saw them was in November 1997 when they opened for the Rolling Stones in Oakland, CA. It was well worth the wait and they just keep getting better as time marches on. It is really unbelievable. I can't wait for Saturday when I will see them in Glasgow.

PHOTOS SYNERGY
Vous n’êtes pas autorisé(e) à consulter les fichiers insérés à ce message.
XWayne

Message(s) : 3025

Re: 26 Mai - Velódromo de Anoeta - San Sebastian

Message par thefrenchconnection » Mer Nov 13, 2013 9:55 am

Ma gueule de con avec jester et Stone, puis Mike ... à Biarritz

Emotion

thefrenchconnection

Message(s) : 5124

Re: 26 Mai - Velódromo de Anoeta - San Sebastian

Message par thefrenchconnection » Mer Nov 13, 2013 10:01 am

thefrenchconnection

Message(s) : 5124