Perth, le 25 novembre 2006 – Topic officiel

Tournée 2006, comptes-rendus, souvenirs de la tournée par les membres du forum

Perth, le 25 novembre 2006 – Topic officiel

Message par Olikatie » Lun Nov 06, 2006 10:23 am

Salle: Subiaco Oval

Setlist
Go, Animal, Do The Evolution, Comatose, Corduroy, Severed Hand, Given To Fly, Marker In The Sand, Small Town, World Wide Suicide, In Hiding, Even Flow, Daughter/Mother (John Lennon), U, Insignificance, Jeremy, Big Wave, Lukin, Rearviewmirror

Rappels #1
Throw Your Arms Around Me (Hunters & Collectors (composers-Miles/ Archer/Falconer/Howard/Seymour/Smith/Waters), Last Kiss (Wayne Cochran), Better Man/Save It For Later (English Beat), State Of Love And Trust, Black, Alive

Rappels #2
Wasted Reprise, Why Go, I Got You (Split Enz, composer Neil Finn), Blood, Rockin' In The Free World (Neil Young)
Dernière édition par Olikatie le Sam Nov 25, 2006 10:07 pm, édité 1 fois.
:bb: Jeremy est né le 28.04.06 et Fanny le 17.07.09 :bb:
Olikatie

Message(s) : 17466

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Nov 23, 2006 11:20 am

Article pre-concert avec interview de Matt:

PEARL JAM - As The Circle Turns

Pearl Jam return to Perth for a show at Subiaco Oval this Saturday, November 25, with support from Kings Of Leon. CHRISTIE ELIEZER reports.

Pearl Jam were firing on all six cylinders on their recent European tour. The set list changed every night, with only 10 songs returning for each of the two and a half hour shows.

Most of the songs were from the current self-titled album, interspersed with classics as Rats, Spin The Black Circle, Alive, Daughter, Last Kiss and Animal or b-sides such as Wish. As always, they ended on a high with a tribute to Jimi Hendrix, the most famous music idol to emerge from their hometown of Seattle.

Much of the media see Pearl Jam as intense, paranoid, petty and painful. That’s changed somewhat, after a couple of their albums stiffed. They’ve made a comeback with the Pearl Jam album, and they seem more comfortable not to be in the super-superstar league. It allows them to remain a band that has the heart of a garage band but can play huge arenas to maximum impact.

They give a lot of money away, from Apache Native American environmental rights to struggling independent record stores or minor league baseball teams, to groups concerned about the madman in the White House.

Pearl Jam’s musical strength is the Vedder- Gossard-McCready three-prong guitar attack and the tough rhythm section of Matt Cameron and Jeff Ament. At Barcelona’s Pavellio Olimpicdo Badalona, Vedder loosened up with constant swills from a bottle of wine, charmed the locals with Spanish phrases, threw tambourines into the crowd during their version of The Who’s Baba O’Riley and howled ‘It’s my bl-o-o-o-d!’ to dramatic effect.

Mike McCready’s solo during Even Flow had a sense of the surreal, more so when Cameron contributed a drum solo. Footage of that song from the Barcelona show is up on YouTube.

“I’m not trying to make some statement on my solo,” Cameron said in his hotel room before the show. “I don’t think about it too much. I’ve been doing it (the solo) consistently each show, I’ve got a few motifs I’m trying to hit, but I don’t think about it, I’m just reacting.

“I’m not the sort of guy who goes back and plays tapes of the shows. But someone emailed me footage of the show in San Francisco. I checked it out and it was pretty cool.”

Cameron had been for a walk around Barcelona, and marvelled at its architecture. He turns 44 on November 28 and is married to April. They have two kids aged seven and four. “When the band get home to Seattle from a tour, the other guys are talking about where to go on their vacations. But I’m a hands-on dad, and my work starts when I get home. It’s an active household but I love it.”

Home is a nondescript suburban house, in the nicer part of town. Do his neighbours know what he does for a day gig? “Oh yeah, one owns a music store, we talk a lot, another plays in a band.”

Cameron also plays guitar, bass and keyboards, and writes songs. In the liner notes of the Lost Dogs compilation, Vedder wrote “Matt Cameron writes songs and we run to find step stools in order to reach his level. What comes naturally to him leaves us with our heads cocked like the confused dogs that we are...eventually getting it. Did we mention he’s the greatest drummer on the planet?”

What’s the biggest buzz Matt gets from playing with Pearl Jam? “We have a great camaraderie, we play to each other’s strengths. When we write music together, we know what the other person will be playing. We’ve been around each other for so long, it’s what every band strives to be. I’ve been playing with different bands and different situations, you learn to adapt. I’ve got those skills, so do they.”

Which 1970s band do Pearl Jam most relate to? “If you asked Mike and myself, we’d say Kiss or Queen. Eddie would say the Ramones. He was very close to Johnny Ramone, and was deeply affected by his death (of cancer in 2004). He wrote Life Wasted from the current album about Johnny.”

In Pearl Jam ranks, it’s Vedder who makes the gossip columns, whether it’s for his painful divorce or for his dating model Jill McCormick or going paranoid as every stalker and attention-getter drew to him. These days it is known that McCready suffers from the inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s. Once he had to run offstage during a show when they opened for the Rolling Stones, to find a toilet.

Cameron is amiable and laidback, yet he’s been in two of ’90s rock’s biggest acts (the other being Soundgarden), almost three (he was rumoured to join The Smashing Pumpkins in 1998). That year, Vedder rang and said, ‘Hey, whaddya doing this summer?’ Eight summers later, the drummer is still with Pearl Jam.

Pearl Jam songs struck a chord with kids who felt themselves on the outer. But Cameron, the son of a lawyer father and schoolteacher mother, was the opposite.

“I grew up in San Diego in a normal, happy house,” he recalls. “I went to the beach a lot, had many friends, and rode motorcross. My parents had a strong work ethic, and we all had to have summer jobs. When I got to high school, I dug in and played music a lot. I didn’t fit in with the jocks, but I never saw myself as an outsider.”

At 13, he and some buddies formed a cover band called Kiss, with the word “imitation” under the name. A threatening letter came from Kiss’ management and the band split up.
Album covers were important in turning Cameron into a rock obsessive. “What blew my mind was Aladdin Sane by David Bowie, it was frightening but interesting. The first record I bought was Jimi Hendrix’s Smash Hits which had a psychedelic cover. The Beatles’ Revolver was fantastic art, and I remember starring at the cover of Kiss Alive for hours on end.”

What would that 15-year old think of Matt Cameron today? “At that time, I’d seen Queen, Kiss and David Bowie. I would have looked up in awe. I became came what I secretly wanted to be at that age. And you can’t knock that. Life’s good, I got no complaints.”

Does he believe in fate and destiny? “I believe in hard work. When I first arrived in Seattle, I had no plan but to play music. There was no Plan B if things didn’t work out. I just kept open to every situation that came my way, and didn’t say no to any offer from a musician. Because you learn from every experience.”
Olikatie

Message par monsieur eddie » Sam Nov 25, 2006 10:16 am

toujours pas d'info sur la setlist ?????????
On a good day, it's not every day
we can part the sea
and on a bad day, it's not every day
glory beyond our reach
monsieur eddie

Message(s) : 224

Message par le moustique rouge » Sam Nov 25, 2006 10:52 am

monsieur eddie a écrit :toujours pas d'info sur la setlist ?????????

le concert a lieu en début d'aprem me semble-t-il, soit patient
le moustique rouge

Message(s) : 587

Message par Olikatie » Sam Nov 25, 2006 11:44 am

Someone in RM said that he heard Hold on in the soundcheck
Olikatie

Message par dirtyfranck » Sam Nov 25, 2006 4:48 pm

Pearl Jam: Go, Animal, Do The Evolution, Comatose, Corduroy, Severed Hand, Given To Fly, Marker In The Sand, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, World Wide Suicide, In Hiding, Even Flow, Daughter / (Mother), U, Insignificance, Jeremy, Big Wave, Lukin, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Throw Your Arms Around Me, Last Kiss, Better Man / (Save It For Later), State Of Love And Trust, Black, Alive

2nd Encore: Wasted Reprise, Why Go, I Got You, Blood, Rockin' In The Free World
dirtyfranck

Message(s) : 645

Message par el lobo » Sam Nov 25, 2006 6:10 pm

Bah bordel de merde!(excusez l'expression) il est barraqué a mort ce concert!!Sérieusement pour le début du set il fallait etre bien préparé
j'en ai marre de devoir m'inscrire 48 fois par an!
el lobo

Message(s) : 158

Message par el lobo » Sam Nov 25, 2006 6:12 pm

Et l'enchainement Big wave,Lukin,Rvm no comment
j'en ai marre de devoir m'inscrire 48 fois par an!
el lobo

Message(s) : 158

Message par Blue, Red,Yellow » Dim Nov 26, 2006 12:51 pm

U
:amoureux:
Blue, Red,Yellow

Message(s) : 1380

Message par PA » Dim Nov 26, 2006 1:30 pm

Blue, Red,Yellow a écrit :U

U + I Got You :love:
My Stats : 19 shows seen, 500 total performances seen, 103 unique PJ songs seen, 25 unique cover seen
PA

Message(s) : 125

Message par Olikatie » Dim Nov 26, 2006 1:53 pm

PA a écrit :
Blue, Red,Yellow a écrit :U

U + I Got You :love:

j'adore I Got You :D :D
Olikatie

Message par thefrenchconnection » Dim Nov 26, 2006 11:24 pm

tres bonne setlist
thefrenchconnection

Message(s) : 5125

Message par Olikatie » Lun Nov 27, 2006 10:57 am

Pearl Jam's Perth jam

"IN 15 years, we can't remember playing on a more beautiful night," Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder told an enraptured crowd at Subiaco Oval.

"And there's the moon," he continued, pointing at the thin crescent in the sky. "It's smiling."

Indeed it was and so too were thousands of fans who gathered on the lawn and in the stands at football's hallowed ground to see the return of Seattle's finest rock band.

But it wasn't just the crowd who were lapping it up. Vedder seemed to be relishing every moment.

From the moment he stepped on stage, his signature growl unleashed on "Go", it was clear Vedder was here to have fun.

Leaping into the air with the ease of a testosterone-charged teenager, the 41-year-old singer seemed to be having the time of his life. Wearing the seminal grunge uniform of jeans and T-shirt with an open shirt over the top - his long curls flapping in the breeze - Vedder was no longer grunge's reluctant messiah, but a shining rock 'n' roll star.

After seven blazing songs, "Animal" and "Corduroy", among them, Vedder addressed the crowd.
"Good evening," he hollered, holding a bottle of champagne aloft before proposing a toast to the beautiful summer evening and the legion of fans who were hanging on his every word.

With Perth the final stop on the band's Australian tour, Vedder said spending a few days in WA had helped recharge the band's batteries. "Your part of the country has given us life," he said. "It has given us the energy to get home. "Thank you for the wings."

It was the perfect introduction to a blistering rendition of "Given to Fly", with Vedder swigging from his bottle of champagne.

The avid surfer dedicated "Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town" to "the people we met years ago, from Yallingup."

With only Stone Gossard on the acoustic guitar for accompaniment, Vedder launched into one of the band's most moving songs. It soon turned into a massive sing-along with the crowd joining in with: "I just want to scream 'Hello!' My God it's been so long, never dreamed you'd return."

Following the new "World Wide Suicide" Vedder apologised saying his voice was "starting to go just slightly". It was an unnecessary apology, because Vedder sounded incredible, as did the rest of the band. With the addition of a keyboardist, this was Pearl Jam in stadium rock mode.

During an intense "Even Flow", guitarist Mike McCready thrilled audiences by playing guitar blindly with the instrument tucked behind his head. Needless to say he didn't falter once. Drummer Matt Cameron also showed off his skills behind the kit in a relentless assault, with Vedder standing side of stage nodding his head in time and swilling his wine.

The parent-child battle of "Daughter" morphed into John Lennon's plaintive "Mother". With heavy reverb on Vedder's vocals, he sounded like a forlorn child pleading for love. "Rearview Mirror" was another stand-out, even if a broken guitar string did distract Vedder's attention in the beginning. Then the band were gone. With Vedder draining the last of his champers.

Returning for alone for the encore, Vedder cracked open his second. "I think we're going to need two bottles tonight," he said before toasting "the people at the back".

With a bottle of champers under his belt, Vedder excused himself for "overstepping my bounds" and promptly took on the role of matchmaker. Naming a fan he had met earlier and telling the man's "best girl" that "he wants to marry you". He dedicated Hunters and Collectors "Throw Your Arms Around Me" to the happy couple.

Vedder seemed truly overwhelmed when the crowd sang the first verse of the band's biggest anthem, "Better Man", stalling awhile while he composed himself. "Black" was equally impressive with Vedder crouching on the drum platform, head in hands, a seemingly broken man. All around, people were on tiptoes, mesmerised. Just when it looked like he had fallen to pieces, he gathered himself up and returned with "Alive" and a cover of Split Enz "I Got You".

At the end of the second encore the band dedicated Neil Young's "Rockin' In The Free World" to their support band Kings of Leon as Vedder ran to each side of the stage, before draping himself in an Australian flag to holler: "You have a beautiful country, we'll see you soon. A couple of years, yeah? We can't wait to come back. Love You. Thanks."

And with that Aussie rules footballs were kicked onto the stage from the wings and Vedder kicked into the crowd before bringing his hands down parallel and scoring himself a goal. Needless to say the crowd cheered as if it was the winner in a grand final.

Perth Jam played at Subiaco Oval on November 25.
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Lun Nov 27, 2006 2:40 pm

Olikatie

Message par GreenDisease » Ven Déc 01, 2006 2:32 am

photos by Kerensa Wight

Montreal, Bell Centre,Sept 15th,2005/Quebec City, Colisee Pepsi,Sept 20th,2005/Arnhem, Gelredome,Aug 29th,2006/Antwerp, Sportpaleis,Aug 30th,2006/Marseille, Le Dôme de Marseille,Sept 9th,2006/Paris, Bercy,Sept 11th,2006/Bern, Bern Arena,Sept 13rd,2006/London, Wembley Arena,June 18th, 2007/Nijmegen, Goeffert Park,June 28th,2007/Werchter,Werchter Festival, June 29th,2007/London, O2 Arena,Aug 18th,2009/Arras, Main Square Festival,July 3rd,2010/Arras, Main Square Festival,June 30th,2012
GreenDisease

Message(s) : 2591

Message par Olikatie » Ven Déc 01, 2006 8:54 am

merci GreenDisease
Olikatie

Message par nicephore » Ven Déc 01, 2006 10:45 am

GreenDisease a écrit :photos by Kerensa Wight

:shock: :cornes2:
Zürich 2000, Paris 2006, Bern 2006, Southside Festival 2007, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012, EV Tour London 2 2012, Milan 2014, Zürich 2022

http://www.facebook.com/athelin
nicephore

Message(s) : 692

Message par vatis » Ven Déc 01, 2006 5:27 pm

et il lui en faut combien des bouteilles de pinards pour un concert???? :shock:
Quel alcolo sans dec'!!
vatis

Message(s) : 126

Message par masterofmullets » Ven Déc 01, 2006 5:42 pm

Je ne vois qu'une bouteille d'eau moi :lol:
masterofmullets

Message(s) : 1580