26 juin Taormina

La tournée 2017 solo d'Eddie Vedder : setlists, photos, impressions et commentaires

26 juin Taormina

Message par Denis » Ven Mars 10, 2017 12:01 pm

Teatro Antico

Eddie Vedder
Teatro Antico di Taormina
Taormina, Sicily, IT
June 26, 2017
Show One
Set List

Ed On Stage 09:55
Ed Off Stage 12:09
Intro Music: Batman-(Neal Hefti) Harper and Eddie Vedder/Tuolumne

The Red Limo String Quartet are:
Sietse van Gorkom-violin
Camilla van der Kooij-violin
Rani Kumar-viola
Jonas Pap-Cello

01. Long Road
02. Bad-(U2)
03. Wishlist
(Ed addresses the audience in Italian)
04. I Am Mine
05. Can’t Keep
06. Without You
Quartet enters the stage
07. Sleeping By Myself
08. It Happened Today-(Buck, Mills, Stipe)
Quartet exits the stage
09. Drifting
10. Setting Forth
11. No Ceiling
12. Far Behind
13. Guaranteed
14. Rise
15. Picture In A Frame-(Brennan/Waits)
16. The Kids Are Alright-(Townshend)
17. Out Of Sand
18. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
19. Porch
20. Isn’t It A Pity-(Harrison)
21. Crazy Mary-(Williams) {during “pass it around” outro Ed invites a guy from Croatia up to the stage to grab Ed’s bottle of wine so he can pass it around.}
Quartet enters the stage
22. Jeremy {during song Ed goes into the audience}
23. “Heroes”-(Bowie, Eno)-partial
24. Just Breathe
25. Lukin (fast)
Quartet exits the stage
26. Song Of Good Hope-(Hansard) with Glen Hansard {Ed sings main vocal. Glen plays acoustic guitar and sings harmony}
27. Sleepless Nights-(Bryant, Bryant) with Glen Hansard {performed busking style-no amplification}
28. Society-(Hannan) with Glen Hansard
Quartet is called to the stage
29. All Along The Watchtower-(Dylan) with Glen Hansard & Strings
30. Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen Hansard, Red Limo string quartet (singing) and Ed’s daughters

Glen Hansard Set List
01. High Hope
02. Winning Streak
03. My Little Ruin
04. When Your MInd’s Made Up
05. Bird Of Sorrow
06. Vigilante Man
07. Way Back

"I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs"
Music Box
Denis

Message(s) : 15071

Re: 26 juin Taormina

Message par XWayne » Ven Mars 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Pour la team Sicile, réservez vite votre logement sur place, Taormine est relativement petite, les hébergements risquent d'être vite complets pour le lundi 26 juin.
Si vous arrivez le week-end, vous pouvez loger sur Catane (vols direct avec Paris), à une soixantaine de km de Taormina (bus navette d'1h10, 4€90).
XWayne

Message(s) : 3022

Message par freddie vedder » Mar Mars 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Merci Dimitris!

very cool interview from the producer that brings eddie at sicily and taormina ancient theater

google translate,,interview is in italian
http://www.pearljamonline.it/eddie_vedd ... ormina.htm"

"The success of pre-sales, with an audience really coming from all over the world, gives us reason about the choice. It was not ever sell over a thousand tickets for a concert outside Italy in Sicily. "

alot of us fuckers traveling!! we break the record!!

"Hello Carmelo, first wanted to congratulate you for inviting Eddie Vedder in a location so striking as the Teatro Antico in Taormina and for the excellent feedback you received. The first date went virtually sold out in six hours, the second is approaching to be.
PearlJamOnLine.it as we have seen, in over twenty years, many concerts of Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder around the world but never in a setting like that - for lack of better terms - beautiful and historic as the Teatro Antico in Taormina . How was it possible to get to call Eddie Vedder in Sicily? You know, the lead singer of Pearl Jam has never visited the city and its theater?

Carmelo: Vedder has never performed in Sicily, either solo or with Pearl Jam. Obviously I do not know if there has ever come on vacation, but do not think. On this occasion, it will stay three days in Taormina (will come the following day to Florence concert) and will be able to see the beauty of the places, but also to dive into our sea and sample the delights of local cuisine. To the type of concert that brings touring the Ancient Theatre seems a perfect place, and in fact the artist immediately agreed to come and play, for two dates!

You have organized concerts of authentic legends in the Teatro Antico, from Bob Dylan to Patti Smith until you get to Robert Plant and Ben Harper. How did you come to mind to call their own Eddie Vedder?

Carmelo: The list of concerts of international stars that I organized at the Teatro Antico is long: in addition to the names you made I can not mention Peter Gabriel, Sting, Carlos Santana, Duran Duran, James Blunt. This year we went in search of a unique and very prestigious and I think there is no better artist Eddie Vedder. The success of pre-sales, with an audience really coming from all over the world, gives us reason about the choice. It was not ever sell over a thousand tickets for a concert outside Italy in Sicily. The territory on the economic impact will be significant, with full hotels and restaurants.

You are also a fan of Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder. What is the song you want to hear in one of the two evenings?

Carmelo: Well, the answer is not easy. Many songs of Pearl Jam were the soundtrack of a time in my life, in the '90s. If I have to indicate a particularly suited to the atmosphere of the Ancient Theatre, I would say Immortality that leads me to memories of 23 years ago. Do not, however, be underestimated some soundtracks that are on everyone's mind.

Some technical questions we have placed our readers. The Ten Club, the official fan club of Pearl Jam, had the first refusal for their patrons ticket relevant to Level 1 and 3 of the theater. Which sectors are sold on ticketone.it exactly match these tickets?

Carmelo: Level 1 corresponds in part to the stall Stalls VIP and partly to Poltronissima Central tribune, are the best places. Level 3 corresponds to the Cavea Numbered.

Images of the Teatro Antico in Taormina, with music by Bere Srl
For what time the start of the concerts? There will also be a big screen?

Carmelo: Eddie Vedder will begin at 21:45 o'clock. It will be preceded at 20:30 by special guest Glen Hansard, it will be a very interesting performance. There will be big screens and set design will be the natural Theatre, enhanced with special lights. From this point of view the Taormina concerts will be a "unique", totally different from the other stages of the European tour. Those who have never attended an event in the Ancient Theatre jaws will hit the atmosphere. It would be nice to organize among the fans a collective power of lighters on a particular track: an image comes out thrilling! I gave you an idea?

Good idea, we'll definitely return! About lighters, cigarettes you can smoke inside the Theatre?

Carmelo: The Theatre is an outdoor venue and so there are no legal restrictions in this regard. Saw the crowds, however if any one can help but it is better for her health and that of his neighbors place ...

Instead, you can bring cameras or video cameras within the venue?

Carmelo: Certainly not professional or bulky tools. Today, however, every phone has a built-in camera and you have to get over it. Normally the artists do not like to be disturbed while performing.

There will be dedicated transport organized by Palermo / Catania and heading to Taormina?

Carmelo: As previously mentioned many spectators will come from outside Sicily and maybe will use the opportunity to stop at a hotel in Taormina or surrounding areas. Normally organized bus are made by some travel agencies and not directly from us. Advice to those who want to make use of search on the Internet, maybe in a couple of weeks.
Carmelo: Thank you, see you in Taormina.
freddie vedder

Message(s) : 771

Message par Mookie Blaylock » Mar Juin 27, 2017 8:13 am

Eddie Vedder
Teatro Antico di Taormina
Taormina, Sicily, IT
June 26, 2017
Show One
Set List

Ed On Stage 09:55
Ed Off Stage 12:09
Intro Music: Batman-(Neal Hefti) Harper and Eddie Vedder/Tuolumne

The Red Limo String Quartet are:
Sietse van Gorkom-violin
Camilla van der Kooij-violin
Rani Kumar-viola
Jonas Pap-Cello

01. Long Road
02. Bad-(U2)
03. Wishlist
(Ed addresses the audience in Italian)
04. I Am Mine
05. Can’t Keep
06. Without You
Quartet enters the stage
07. Sleeping By Myself
08. It Happened Today-(Buck, Mills, Stipe)
Quartet exits the stage
09. Drifting
10. Setting Forth
11. No Ceiling
12. Far Behind
13. Guaranteed
14. Rise
15. Picture In A Frame-(Brennan/Waits)
16. The Kids Are Alright-(Townshend)
17. Out Of Sand
18. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
19. Porch
20. Isn’t It A Pity-(Harrison)
21. Crazy Mary-(Williams) {during “pass it around” outro Ed invites a guy from Croatia up to the stage to grab Ed’s bottle of wine so he can pass it around.}
Quartet enters the stage
22. Jeremy {during song Ed goes into the audience}
23. “Heroes”-(Bowie, Eno)-partial
24. Just Breathe
25. Lukin (fast)
Quartet exits the stage
26. Song Of Good Hope-(Hansard) with Glen Hansard {Ed sings main vocal. Glen plays acoustic guitar and sings harmony}
27. Sleepless Nights-(Bryant, Bryant) with Glen Hansard {performed busking style-no amplification}
28. Society-(Hannan) with Glen Hansard
Quartet is called to the stage
29. All Along The Watchtower-(Dylan) with Glen Hansard & Strings
30. Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen Hansard, Red Limo string quartet (singing) and Ed’s daughters

Glen Hansard Set List
01. High Hope
02. Winning Streak
03. My Ruin
04. When Your MInd’s Made Up
05. Bird Of Sorrow
06. Vigilante Man
07. Way Back
Mookie Blaylock

Message(s) : 5441

Message par loupiotte » Mar Juin 27, 2017 12:32 pm

J´aurais adoré Long Road en Opener à Firenze!
loupiotte

Message(s) : 1522

Message par Tremoskito » Mar Juin 27, 2017 1:57 pm

loupiotte a écrit :J´aurais adoré Long Road en Opener à Firenze!

Non mais avec Smile ET la doublette untitled/MFC, tu croyais vraiment que tu pouvais échapper à Small Town en opener 8-) ?
Paris 2000, Montréal 2005, Lisbonne x2 2006, Marseille 2006, Paris 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Arras 2010, Amsterdam 2 2012, Copenhague 2012, Amsterdam x2 2014, Milan 2014, Berlin 2014, EV Anvers 2017, Cracovie 2018, Barcelone 2018, Paris 2022, Amsterdam 2 2022
Tremoskito

Message(s) : 2277

Message par loupiotte » Mar Juin 27, 2017 10:25 pm

Il faut savoir rester exigeant mon cher Ben. :lol:
loupiotte

Message(s) : 1522

Message par XWayne » Mer Juin 28, 2017 1:31 am

Premier soir cool dans un cadre magnifique, avec la famille Vedder sur place et sur scène, et du vin italien qui coule.
Les interprétations s'en ressentent, avec un festival d'accords approximatifs ("Stone Gossard where are you?" demande-t-il après un premier essai de Crazy Mary), mais Vedder s'en tire avec son charisme, et des interactions sans arrêt avec le public: et vas-y la demande en mariage, les bébés, les verres servis au premier rang et des vannes bien vues... il a tenté un passage en fosse pour Jeremy entre les premiers fauteuils devant la scène, mais il a clairement flippé en voyant les gens à la limite de se jeter sur lui.
En terme d'ambiance c'est l'opposé de ce que j'ai entendu d'Amsterdam (via commentaires et boot), et même s'il fait clairement référence à Chris Cornell (sans le nommer) avant I Am Mine, il est dans un meilleur état d'esprit. Tant pis pour la qualité de sa perf, tant mieux pour lui.
XWayne

Message par axelbono73 » Mer Juin 28, 2017 10:16 am

2006 : Anvers
2007 : Nijmegen, Werchter
2009 : Rotterdam
2010 : Nijmegen, Arras, Werchter
2012 : Amsterdam I et II, Werchter, Arras
2014 : Amsterdam I et II, Werchter
2017 : Eddie Vedder Antwerp
2018 : Amsterdam I et II, Werchter
2019 : Eddie Vedder Bruxelles
2022 : Amsterdam I ( lol ) et II, Werchter
axelbono73

Message(s) : 1106

Message par Blue, Red,Yellow » Jeu Juin 29, 2017 12:04 am

Merci ! Qualité excellente
Blue, Red,Yellow

Message(s) : 1379

Message par yoyo » Jeu Juin 29, 2017 8:55 am

merci !!
Liam, 25 septembre 2012 / Aimy-Sarah, 11 mars 2008 / Juliette, 23 octobre 2005
1996 : Paris
2000 : Paris
2006 : Anvers, Marseille, Paris
2007 : Londres, Nimègue, Werchter
2008 : Ed solo : Los Angeles 1, Los Angeles 2
2009 : Londres
2010 : Dublin, Arras
2012 : Amsterdam 1, Arras, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhague
2014 : Milan
2017 : Ed solo : Amsterdam 1
2018 : Rome
2020 : Paris, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2
yoyo

Message(s) : 7508

Message par hervemirror » Sam Juil 01, 2017 11:35 am

Salut à tous

Nous voila de retour en France après 5 jours riche en émotion , un gros "white" de ma part, a failli nous gacher notre séjour, je me suis rendu compte que j'avais des places pour le 27, 2 heures avant le concert du 26, sachant que j'etais bien venu pour le 26, du coup on s'est agité pendant près de 2 heures pour racheté des places pour le 26 ( à moitié prix) et revendre 1 place du concert du 27 à un allemand , à qui on a fini par donner notre dernière place en le croisant à la sortie du concert .Un superbe recovery comme dirait les golfeurs!!

Du coup, entre "le bad" des places et lieu antique, je n'ai jamais été aussi heureux de rentrer dans une "salle" de concert,.
L ambiance et l acoustique était excellente (et je sais de quoi je parle puisque je suis à moitié sourd :D), même si j'ai une préférence pour la fosse, le théatre donne une atmosphère particulière.

Je passe le bonjour au forumeurs croiser ici et là pendant le séjour , notamment à freddie vedder et ses potes.

A la prochaine
Reading, le 27 août 2006 Arnhem, le 29 août 2006Antwerp, le 30 août 2006 Barcelone, le 1er septembre 2006 Marseille, le 9 septembre 2006Paris, le 11 septembre 2006 Bologne, le 14 septembre 2006Vérone, le 16 septembre 2006Milan, le 17 septembre 2006Turin, le 19 septembre 2006Pistoia, le 20 septembre 200618/6/07 London
28/6/07 Nijmegen 29/6/07 Werchter juillet 2010 - Arras, 4 juillet 2010 - Werchter, 29.06 2012 werchter 30.06 2012 arras 07.07.2012 stockholm 26 juin 2017 Taormina
hervemirror

Message(s) : 570

Message par freddie vedder » Sam Juil 01, 2017 3:04 pm

Ouais pareil Brice content de t'avoir rencontré ! Lieu magique, 2 concerts très différents et complémentaires. Ambiance à la fois mondiale (les gens viennent de partout) et avec le charme des siciliens. Malgré quelques ratés, un Eddie bien en voix et généreux. Mes hightlights: long road, les "into the wild", immortality , off he goes , smille , betterman, the ship song, et tellement! Bien sympa avec l'orchestre symphonique. Même si c'est toujours très bien, je trouve qu'il y a trop de covers des autres groupes. Supers moments vécus avec la mer, l'Etna, les étoiles et la lune entourant ce site grandiose. :D
freddie vedder

Message par XWayne » Mer Juil 05, 2017 1:27 am

Le set de Glen Hansard, en FLAC ou mp3 192 VBR, au choix (dispo 7 jours).

https://we.tl/I2ag9pJaBp
XWayne

Message par Denis » Mer Juil 05, 2017 12:49 pm

XWayne a écrit :Le set de Glen Hansard, en FLAC ou mp3 192 VBR, au choix (dispo 7 jours).

https://we.tl/I2ag9pJaBp

:love:
"I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs"
Music Box
Denis

Message(s) : 15071

Message par XWayne » Dim Juil 09, 2017 1:22 pm

D'autres liens pour le set de Vedder (2 versions):
https://www.hightail.com/download/dDZHT ... MldVbDhUQw (source identique au lien mp3 précédent, contient les fichiers lossless aiff et mp3)
https://www.hightail.com/download/dDZHT ... MEZMWE1UQw (autre très bonne source, voix un peu plus en retrait, mais Sleepless Nights plus net, le taper "Odon" devait être placé dans la fosse plus près que la source 1)

Et Glen (son plus clair et direct que le lien précédent, moins de son d'ambiance):
https://www.hightail.com/download/dDZHN ... Um05TE1UQw
XWayne

Message par freddie vedder » Mar Juil 11, 2017 9:58 pm

On entend même à la fin de Long road, début de Bad le feu d'artifice derrière le théâtre !
(en 4 jours on a vu 5 feux d'artifice en Sicile, dont un en plein jour !!!)
freddie vedder

Retour vers EV Tour 2017