Stone Temple Pilots (Scott Weiland solo / Army of Anyone)

Autres artistes, découvertes, concerts, news musicales, etc.

Stone Temple Pilots (Scott Weiland solo / Army of Anyone)

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Fév 09, 2006 8:51 am

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=173001

Velvet Revolver's Scott Weiland has been quite busy lately. He is co-starring in a new movie by director Joe Carnaham and issuing his own line of clothing through Von Dutch, reports Blabbermouth.net. Weiland is also working on his second solo album, according to a press release from Canongate Books, who have the U.K. rights to his soon-to-be released memoir Desperation No. 5. A press release from Canongate Books describes his forthcoming memoir as a "haunting, no-holds-barred memoir of the years when he scaled the pinnacle of stardom, only to plunge into the chasm of addiction, and then - unlike so many others, including his contemporary Kurt Cobain - manage to claw his way back up..." His memoir is set to be published in the fall of next year.
Dernière édition par Olikatie le Jeu Août 17, 2006 8:29 am, édité 3 fois.
:bb: Jeremy est né le 28.04.06 et Fanny le 17.07.09 :bb:
Olikatie

Message(s) : 17465

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Fév 23, 2006 1:41 pm

http://velvet-revolver.chez-alice.fr/

16/02/2006 :
Matt Sorum a expliqué lors d'une interview que Velvet Revolver espérait terminer son second album cet été. Il a ajouté que Marcy Gray, Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) et Jerry Cantrell (Alice In Chains) avaient participé à l'enregistrement de certains morceaux et qu'ils avaient également proposé à Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) de se joindre à eux. Matt a également déclaré : "Notre premier album était très aggresif et nous l'avons fait très rapidement. Ce nouvel album nous le voulons plus groovy, plus dansant. Nous avons pensé travailler avec des star de la pop comme William Pharrell, juste pour voire. Je veux dire, ce n’est pas du rock n' roll, ce sera peut-être différent. Qui sait ?".
Olikatie

Message par loupiotteloupiotte » Jeu Fév 23, 2006 6:55 pm

plus dansant?????? :? :? :? :? :?
loupiotteloupiotte

Message(s) : 1144

Message par mankind » Jeu Fév 23, 2006 6:56 pm

ouais
y aura une chanson avec l'expression dancefloor dedans...
totalement in :mrgreen:
mankind

Message(s) : 884

Message par loupiotteloupiotte » Jeu Fév 23, 2006 7:33 pm

mankind a écrit :ouais
y aura une chanson avec l'expression dancefloor dedans...
totalement in :mrgreen:

ouais et pourquoi pas un featuring brinbrin d'Enhancer! :lol:
loupiotteloupiotte

Message(s) : 1144

Message par fredbab » Jeu Fév 23, 2006 7:49 pm

que scott retourne avec stone temple pilot !!!!!!!!! prions mes frères !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paris (Zenith) 1996 ;
Paris (Bercy) 2000 ;
Anvers (sportpaleis) 30 aout 2006 ;
Marseille (Dôme) 09 sept 2006 ;
Paris (Bercy) 11 sept 2006 ;
Londres (Wembley Arena) 18 juin 2007 ;
Londres (O2 Arena) 18 aout 2009 ;
Arras (Festival) 3 juillet 2010
Amsterdam1 26 juin 2012
Amsterdam1 27 mai 2017 (Ed Solo)

:bb: Ma douce petite Enola est venue au monde le 25 janvier 2006 !!!
:bb: Mon p'tit Neil est venu au monde le 21-01-2010 !!!
fredbab

Message(s) : 4929

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Fév 23, 2006 9:58 pm

fredbab a écrit :que scott retourne avec stone temple pilot !!!!!!!!! prions mes frères !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

je me joins à vous pour la prière! (et surtout ma Katie, elle est dingue de Scott!)
Olikatie

Message par mike baroud » Sam Fév 25, 2006 11:48 am

Des vidéos (en proshot) du concert de Velvet Revolver à Tokyo le 06 Février 2005 sont téléchargeables ci-contre (clic droit - enregistrer sous), remerciements à Below Empty VR : Do It For Kids, Headspace, Superhuman, Dirty Little Thing, Big Machine, It's so Easy (Guns N'Roses cover), Set Me Free, Sex Type Thing (Stone Temple Pilots cover), Slither. Le codec Matroska est nécessaire pour visionner les vidéos.
En dehors de ça, Matt Sorum (batterie) et Duff McKagan (basse) continuent de bosser sur leur prochain album pour une éventuelle sortie cet été.
http://www.riverandroads.com/

If I can ask one thing when I am dead 
would you lay me down by the river bed? 
let me wash away 
let it take me back from where I came 
all I am and all I was is just 
blood and dirt and bones and mud 
and I'm better off that way 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message(s) : 11082

Message par Olikatie » Dim Fév 26, 2006 7:52 pm

merci tout plein mon ami :love1:
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Mar Fév 28, 2006 9:27 am

Nouvelles photos de Scott + article (Inked Mag - printemps 2006)

http://img283.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image79sf.jpg
http://img283.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image88xl.jpg
http://img283.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image94jp.jpg
http://img319.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image18qq.jpg
http://img418.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image23ab.jpg
http://img418.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image32rk.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image44so.jpg
http://img283.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image54cw.jpg
http://img283.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image63lu.jpg

If you want to know a man’s life, just study his face. Take one look at Scott Weiland and you can tell he has lived a life most of us would be afraid to experience. His face doesn’t tell stories, it holds them. Intense, soft, scary, fearful, intimidating, and vulnerable, it’s all there-his rise to mega fame with Stone Temple Pilots, his fall with drug addiction, arrests and divorce. Last year was one of redemption. He cleaned up his act and Velvet Revolver won a Grammy. With his Family as inspiration, Weiland fights on, for something larger than himself.

Chelan, Washington is about as far away from Los Angeles as you can get. Nestled in the high desert Mountains a little over a half day’s drive from Seattle, this is the kind of place where,
if life has gotten a little too loud to bear, you can wake up in the morning-or afternoon, if you’re Weiland-and enjoy the silence. It’s the real kind of silence, where the more you open your ears to hear, the further away you try to listen, the more awesomely quiet it becomes, a kind of throbbing, uninterrupted sound of air and earth and the world turning.

It is here, in the mountains, where Weiland is staking his claim to a little piece of mind in the form of 20 acres of high desert beauty. He and his assistant, an affable steel drum player named Panhead, are readying the property and it’s brand new, Feng Shui log cabin so Weiland can bring his wife Mary, and the kids, Noah and Lucy, up to Chelan for their first Christmas in the mountains next week. “One of my martial arts instructors has a place up here” he says “And I just fell in love with it”.

When Weiland falls in love with something, he falls hard and all the way. When it’s music, he winds up writing his own chapter in the 90's alt-rock music canon as the front man for
Stone Temple Pilots. When it’s heroin, he winds up so soul-kissed by the dope it’ll take 30 detoxes and 20 some odd trips to rehab and the threat of losing his family to finally sober his ass up. When it is martial arts, as it is these days, he trains three times a week with Benny “the Jet” Urquidez, the creator of Ukidokan (a combination of several martial arts).

“Anytime I’ve set my mind to something I’m passionate for, I go full on. When I first discovered narcotics I went for it full on” he says. “It gave me peace of mind. I attacked it with a vengeance. I looked at it like a whole new cultural experience; it was a lifestyle. But I had discipline-I wasn’t a sloppy junkie. Just like now, for the last 2 and a half years, embracing being a responsible husband and father. That’s something I dove in completely”.

These days, discipline means borrowing a page from the Eddie Van Halen playbook of being home at dinnertime, no matter what, to spend time with the kids. Building the cabin in Chelan is a big step for Weiland, who has been clean and sober now just over two years. “A lot was done long distance”, he says of the construction. After all, life as the singer for a multi-platinum-super-group Velvet Revolver, a band he founded with former Guns n’ Roses members Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum, doesn’t always allow for time to chop wood and build walls. But get him talking about the cabin, and he’ll launch into a list of the design specs and architectural nuances so thorough and exact-down to the type of tile he’s using in the bathrooms that even a home depot manager might think he’s a bit obsessive.
Weiland likes to think of it as discipline. It’s an intensity that is palatable, if at times overwhelming, even to him. Discipline has always been a double edge sword in his life, stemming from in no small part from growing up with the clean cut stepfather, whose sole advice to him was to be responsible. His parents had divorced when he was three, devastating him. His step-dad moved the family from California to Ohio in 1972, where Weiland discovered he had a voice-and a taste for a good buzz. He embarrassedly sang in the school choir and stole off into the woods near his family’s house with a tumbler full of whatever booze he could tap from his Dad’s liquor cabinet. The combination of respect and resentment towards his stiff stepfather manifested into Weiland’s intensity-again he calls it discipline-when he discovered Rock n roll.
In 1982, the family moved from Ohio to Orange County just in time for Weiland’s teenage years. By his sophomore year his band was gigging in OC regularly-his maniac on stage persona fueled by his recent discovery of cocaine. He was responsible all right-for his bands success, but also for being so wired, he would see paintings come to life. A decade of this “great dichotomy” as he calls it, of drive and self destruction, led to STP and sometimes as memorable tales of drug busts and epic speedball binges. After his first major bust in 1995 outside a crack house in Pasadena, his then wife Janina Castenada bailed him out, only to have him bail out of the car on the way home to go on a bender.
These days Weiland isn’t recalling his war stories. He now prefers to talk in wide, patient, circuitous arcs on the big topics that mean something to him. Recovering addicts share their experiences, strength and hope, and today Weiland is heavy on the strength. Continuing his riff on the role of discipline in his life, he finally lands on the topic of what he does for a living.
“Music, choosing that is a life choice. I didn’t say “I love music, I’m in a band”. I charted a course. I managed my band, I saw it go through. I guess I forced it in a sense. You have talent luck and goal, and then luck. Circumstance and god collide and you get these serendipitous moments” he says “That takes discipline” That is the summation of his musical career.

Drug addicts are creatures of habit. They craves the stability and the consistency of ritual, if only because it is consistent, especially when set against the chaotic life of being a god damn drug addict. Heroin is an especially ritualistic drug, with it’s fixing process, and near-religious array of private paraphernalia. Weiland loved the ritual, the discipline of his drug habit, for so long it crashed and burned STP and almost cost him his family. Then it happened.
He calls it the “turn around”, and he tells the story very matter-of-factly as he does profoundly. After spending his whole life not feeling truly part of anything, beginning with his own family after the split with his parents, he finally got with the program. There were no huge epiphanies. No paintings came to life, and there were no visions of god in the detox cell. He just knows after a lifetime of wanting to get higher than a witch doctor, one day the obsession left him. His life hasn’t been the same since.
After a DUI bust in 2003, on his Birthday of all days, Weiland was ordered to an inpatient rehab program. He remembers those days clearly. “I was really depressed, Mary and I had separated, and it looked like I wasn’t getting my family back. All I wanted to do was sleep and lie in bed all day. My roommate was this big music producer (Weiland won’t reveal his name)and this guy was older, he [had] been through a lot. He said “look motherfucker, you’re depressed. I get it, I understand. How are you going to fell any better about yourself lying in bed all day? I’d like to do that too, but I get my ass up, because the counselors tell me it’ll make me feel better, so I do it. I take action” “So I followed the guy to the group therapy session. And I just want to get loaded, but I did it. And I did it again. I’d get up in morning, and I’d go to group. And by the end of the week something started to change. By that Friday people were telling me, ‘you sound totally different. I didn’t know what was going on with you’ Just a week had gone by
and I hadn’t even though about getting high. I could help others who were coming in and were depressed. I started to laugh again”
The DA wasn’t convinced, and ordered him back to rehab. He wound up at Malibu Ranch, a luxury rehab center. “I met a guy who was in a sense my guru, Jerry Schoenkopf (the director). His overall philosophy was “create your own program” and that really resonated with me, because up until the I had always tried to do what other people did and wound up comparing myself to them. But once I got out of there, I didn’t have the craving. I’d hear people at Narcotics Anonymous meetings say they didn’t have that obsessiveness, and I thought that was impossible.
Weiland now calls his epiphany a “miracle”. “There’s nothing-not even the death of a loved one-that could get me to stick a needle in my arm. It’s not an option. It doesn’t speak to me in the form of a lie anymore.” he says. With that, Weiland is back to his cabin and more work, more discipline. And he’ll be higher in a way he’s never known before-high above Chelan with his Family.

http://www.inkedmag.com/content/view/26/68/
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Ven Mars 10, 2006 9:45 am

http://www.myspace.com/scottweiland

sur ce site sur Scott, vous pouvez écouter une chanson, Lazy Divey, une unreleased de son premier album solo
Olikatie

Message par Stone » Ven Mars 10, 2006 2:33 pm

Olikatie a écrit :http://www.myspace.com/scottweiland

sur ce site sur Scott, vous pouvez écouter une chanson, Lazy Divey, une unreleased de son premier album solo

Thx Oli...
Tu penses à moi pour Kiss...
:wink:
Stone

Message(s) : 272

Message par Olikatie » Ven Mars 10, 2006 2:44 pm

Stone a écrit :
Olikatie a écrit :http://www.myspace.com/scottweiland

Thx Oli...
Tu penses à moi pour Kiss...
:wink:

je fais mon possible, j'ai quelques problèmes pour copier le DVD
Olikatie

Velvet Revolver To Enter Studio Next Month

Message par Québec fan » Lun Mars 13, 2006 8:14 pm

Velvet Revolver To Enter Studio Next Month

VELVET REVOLVER are scheduled to enter the studio on April 10 to begin recording their sophomore album, the group's bassist, Duff McKagan, revealed during an interview earlier today (March 10). While singer Scott Weiland has said he wants to make a concept album for VELVET REVOLVER's second release, McKagan was hesitant to confirm it, according to MTV.com. "I think a lot's been said, but when it comes down to it we have to make the best record all of us collectively, and separately, ever made," he said. "Now we know who each other are and who we are as a band. The first record was really just us coming together and being straight in the studio, but now it's gonna be deeper and bigger and all that. Concept record? I don't know, but it's gonna be killer."
-Mtl 98-Mtl 00-TO 03-Mtl 03-Bos04/09/28-Bos 04/09/29-Kitchener 05-London 05-Hamilton 05-Mtl 05-Ottawa 05-Qc City 05-TO 06/05/09-TO 06/05/10-Alb NY 06/05/12-Htd CT 06/05/13-Bos MA 06/05/24-Bos MA 06/05/25-Marseille FR 06-Paris FR 06-Bern 06-Munich GER 07-London UK 07-Düsseldorf 07-eV Van BC 080402-eV Van BC 080403-NYCity MSG 080624-NYCity MSG 080625-eV Mtl 80809-eV Mtl 080810-eV Alb NY 090608-eV Alb NY 090609-TO 09-Sea WA 090921-Sea WA 090922-Bos 10-Newark 10-NYCity MSG 100520-NYCity MSG 100521..
Québec fan

Message(s) : 1312

Message par Olikatie » Lun Mars 13, 2006 8:15 pm

merci :D
Olikatie

Message par Québec fan » Lun Mars 13, 2006 8:17 pm

Olikatie a écrit :merci :D

:)

Va voir le post sur Guns...

Scott s'en donne à coeur joie contre Axl... :wink:
-Mtl 98-Mtl 00-TO 03-Mtl 03-Bos04/09/28-Bos 04/09/29-Kitchener 05-London 05-Hamilton 05-Mtl 05-Ottawa 05-Qc City 05-TO 06/05/09-TO 06/05/10-Alb NY 06/05/12-Htd CT 06/05/13-Bos MA 06/05/24-Bos MA 06/05/25-Marseille FR 06-Paris FR 06-Bern 06-Munich GER 07-London UK 07-Düsseldorf 07-eV Van BC 080402-eV Van BC 080403-NYCity MSG 080624-NYCity MSG 080625-eV Mtl 80809-eV Mtl 080810-eV Alb NY 090608-eV Alb NY 090609-TO 09-Sea WA 090921-Sea WA 090922-Bos 10-Newark 10-NYCity MSG 100520-NYCity MSG 100521..
Québec fan

Message par matt showman » Jeu Mars 16, 2006 4:02 pm

Velvet Revolver sortira dans les prochaines semaines un DVD live enregistré à Houston en juin 2004.

01. "Sucker Train Blues"
02. "Do It for the Kids"
03. "Headspace"
04. "Crackerman" (Stone Temple Pilots Cover)
05. "Illegal I Song"
06. "It's So Easy" (Guns N'Roses Cover)
07. "Fall To Pieces"
08. "Big Machine"
09. "Set Me Free"
10. "Used to Love Her" (Guns N'Roses Cover)
11. "Slither"
12. "Sex Type Thing" (Stone Temple Pilots Cover)
13. "Mr. Brownstone" (Guns N'Roses Cover)
14. "Negative Creep" (Nirvana Cover)
matt showman

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Mars 16, 2006 4:16 pm

merci matt :D
Olikatie

Message par Québec fan » Lun Mars 20, 2006 11:00 pm

VELVET REVOLVER Drummer Talks About New Songs - Mar. 19, 2006

VELVET REVOLVER drummer Matt Sorum (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) has posted the following message on his official web site regarding the songwriting process for the band's second album:

"Had a great day in Drac Studios [Matt's studio] today [Friday, March 17] working with Duff [McKagan, VELVET REVOLVER bassist] on some songs. We are coming up with some breakthrough stuff. I'm getting excited. One song sounds like a cross between ZEPPELIN and PRINCE. Duff loves PRINCE. Great riff for Slash. Today we did one that is very heavy with a sick groove. With some synth keyboard part. A la a band called REFUSED. Who we all dig."

Duff McKagan told Launch Radio Networks on March 10 that the band will enter the studio on April 10 to begin recording their sophomore album. The group have been preparing songs since coming off the road last year and McKagan says the material is nearly ready to go. "It's real close, you know," he said. "The thing is, we always have way too much material, so it's probably more a matter of just like picking the right ones. It's a quality problem. This second record will be just an exploration, as opposed to like, 'Let's crush it and put it out,' it's gonna be exploration and I think people will really dig it."

VELVET REVOLVER's new effort will follow up their 2004 debut, "Contraband", which has sold nearly two million copies.

The band was formed in 2003 when former GUNS N' ROSES members McKagan, Slash and Sorum joined forces with guitarist Dave Kushner and ex-STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland.
Québec fan

Message par Olikatie » Mer Mars 22, 2006 9:42 am

2 photos datants du 19 mars 06:

CULVER CITY, CA - MARCH 19: Musician Scott Weiland (R) and wife Mary Forsberg in the front row at the Louis Verdad Fall 2006 show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Smashbox Studios on March 19, 2006 in Culver City, California.

+
(je crois que c'est son fils lors du Playstation BANDtogether "a benefit presented by Sony Computer Enterainment America and the Bruce Willis Foundation held at Smashbox Studios")

Olikatie

Suivant

Retour vers Spin The Black Circle