Sleater Kinney

Autres artistes, découvertes, concerts, news musicales, etc.

Sleater Kinney

Message par basseut » Jeu Avr 06, 2006 7:53 pm

Alut
Quelqu'un va voir le concert de Sleater Kinney à Paris le 22 mai ?
Je suis étonné de pas voir de post là dessus, je l'ai raté ?
Pluche

ps: votre album préféré de Sleater Kinney ? Comment est The Wood ?
basseut

Message(s) : 100

Message par Invité » Jeu Avr 06, 2006 8:27 pm

Les fans de Sleater-Kinney ne sont pas tous là, mais j'en fait cependant partie et j'y serais :wink:
Invité

IMPORTANT ALERTE

Message par basseut » Sam Avr 08, 2006 8:49 pm

bon, je préfère vous le dire comme ça sans préparation: il reste 50 places pour Sleater Kinney !!!!
Dépechez vous !!!!
basseut

Message(s) : 100

Message par nighthawk » Dim Avr 09, 2006 10:12 am

J'y vais également....
Paris..... et Bruxelles le 27 mai... :wink:
nighthawk

Message(s) : 1650

Message par Olikatie » Mar Juin 27, 2006 11:27 pm

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/n ... ay_Goodbye

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Sleater-Kinney Say Goodbye

America's greatest rock band (yeah, I said it) have called it quits. Sleater-Kinney announced the sad news today with the following statement:

"After eleven years as a band, Sleater-Kinney have decided to go on indefinite hiatus."

The upcoming summer shows will be our last. As of now, there are no plans for future tours or recordings. We feel lucky to have had the support of many wonderful people over the years. We want to thank everyone who has worked with us, written kind words about us, performed with us, and inspired us."

But mostly we want to extend our gratitude to our amazing fans. You have been a part of our story from the beginning. We could not have made our music without your enthusiasm, passion, and loyalty. It is you who have made the entire journey worthwhile."

Of course, we hope that Sleater-Kinney's definition of "hiatus" is closer to Jay-Z's than, say, My Bloody Valentine's, but we wouldn't bet on it.

Here's Sleater-Kinney's final tour schedule. How depressing is it that their last show is at Lollapalooza?

07-29 Louisville, KY - Mellwood Arts Center
07-31 Philadelphia, PA - Starlight Ballroom
08-01 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
08-02 New York, NY - Webster Hall
08-04 Chicago, IL - Grant Park (Lollapalooza)

So goodbye, Sleater-Kinney. Thank you for everything, from "I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone" to "Modern Girl". Thank you for being an inspiration to women everywhere. No, fuck that-- to people everywhere.

You will be missed.
:bb: Jeremy est né le 28.04.06 et Fanny le 17.07.09 :bb:
Olikatie

Message(s) : 17465

Message par Québec fan » Mer Juin 28, 2006 4:00 am

lot better then MMJ !
-Mtl 98-Mtl 00-TO 03-Mtl 03-Bos04/09/28-Bos 04/09/29-Kitchener 05-London 05-Hamilton 05-Mtl 05-Ottawa 05-Qc City 05-TO 06/05/09-TO 06/05/10-Alb NY 06/05/12-Htd CT 06/05/13-Bos MA 06/05/24-Bos MA 06/05/25-Marseille FR 06-Paris FR 06-Bern 06-Munich GER 07-London UK 07-Düsseldorf 07-eV Van BC 080402-eV Van BC 080403-NYCity MSG 080624-NYCity MSG 080625-eV Mtl 80809-eV Mtl 080810-eV Alb NY 090608-eV Alb NY 090609-TO 09-Sea WA 090921-Sea WA 090922-Bos 10-Newark 10-NYCity MSG 100520-NYCity MSG 100521..
Québec fan

Message(s) : 1312

Message par Québec fan » Jeu Juin 29, 2006 4:49 am

Le trio rock féminin Sleater-Kinney se retire de la scène musicale

Marc Gadoury [AgenceNews]
Le 28 juin 2006 - 10:12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Le trio rock féminin Sleater-Kinney a décidé de prendre une pause pour une période indéterminée. Le groupe indépendant ne prévoit pas retourner en studio ou démarrer une nouvelle tournée dans un avenir prochain. Sleater-Kinney donnera ses cinq derniers spectacles cet été, une série de concerts qui se conclura par leur passage au festival Lollapalloza, à Chicago, le 4 août prochain.

« Nous nous sentons chanceuses d’avoir eu le support d’autant de personnes merveilleuses au cours des années» explique le groupe via un communiqué émis sur leur site officiel. «Nous voulons remercier tous les gens qui ont travaillé avec nous, qui ont écrit des mots gentils sur nous, qui ont joué avec nous et qui nous ont inspiré. Mais principalement, nous voulons exprimer notre gratitude à nos fans incroyables. Vous avez été une partie de notre histoire depuis le début. Nous n’aurions pu faire notre musique sans votre enthousiasme, votre passion et votre loyauté. C’est vous qui a permis que cette expérience en vaille la peine.

Le premier album du groupe est paru en 1995. En 2005, Sleater-Kinney faisait paraître «The Woods», son septième album en carrière, un succès critique qui s’est écoulé à 73 000 copies aux Etats-Unis. Le trio a également accompagné Pearl Jam lors de son passage au Québec en septembre dernier

73 000 copies...pour un trio...ça fait pas grand $$....
-Mtl 98-Mtl 00-TO 03-Mtl 03-Bos04/09/28-Bos 04/09/29-Kitchener 05-London 05-Hamilton 05-Mtl 05-Ottawa 05-Qc City 05-TO 06/05/09-TO 06/05/10-Alb NY 06/05/12-Htd CT 06/05/13-Bos MA 06/05/24-Bos MA 06/05/25-Marseille FR 06-Paris FR 06-Bern 06-Munich GER 07-London UK 07-Düsseldorf 07-eV Van BC 080402-eV Van BC 080403-NYCity MSG 080624-NYCity MSG 080625-eV Mtl 80809-eV Mtl 080810-eV Alb NY 090608-eV Alb NY 090609-TO 09-Sea WA 090921-Sea WA 090922-Bos 10-Newark 10-NYCity MSG 100520-NYCity MSG 100521..
Québec fan

Message(s) : 1312

Message par Olikatie » Lun Août 14, 2006 5:26 am

Dernier concert de Sleater-Kinney

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/281112_sleater14.html

Sleater-Kinney's women show they've got mettle

PORTLAND -- Sleater-Kinney did not go gentle into that good night of, in the words of the trailblazing Northwest band, "indefinite hiatus."

The one-time Olympia-based riot grrrl standard-bearers, named "America's best rock band" as early as 2001 (by Time magazine and critic Greil Marcus), Sleater-Kinney went out with a ferocious performance.

Playing the second of two sold-out nights in its adopted hometown of Portland, the trio covered most of its 11-year career, with a heavy emphasis on its latest (and heaviest) album, "The Woods."

The 27-song Crystal Ballroom set kicked off in punishing fashion with "The Fox," the opening salvo from "The Woods," and ended more gracefully with "One More Hour." "In one more hour I will be gone," Corin Tucker sang. And then, in only a couple of minutes, singer-guitarists Tucker and Carrie Brownstein and drummer Janet Weiss were gone, with hugs all around.

"This band has saved my life a thousand times," said a tearful Brownstein, the only outspoken member of a surprisingly reticent group.

Also not bashful was Eddie Vedder, who preceded the band with a brief set. The Pearl Jam frontman sang a Dylanesque protest number and, strumming a ukulele, a charmingly antique duet with Weiss.

Vedder explained that although he hadn't been around to see live performances by the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, the Sex Pistols or "the Who with Keith Moon," he was "very fortunate" he could see Sleater-Kinney, which had opened tours for Pearl Jam. "Truly," he said, "there is no place else I'd rather be on the planet than here."

Vedder and about 1,500 fans witnessed a generous survey, after a fashion, of Sleater-Kinney's back story. That saga included "Stay Where You Are" and "Good Things" from the '96 "Call the Doctor," its calling-card second album. Curiously, the band skipped the commanding title song, although it did perform the equally dynamic title track from "Dig Me Out," along with the not-so-good "All Hands on the Bad One," the "contemplative" (Brownstein's word) "The Hot Rock" and the delightful "One Beat," from Sleater-Kinney's same-named penultimate album.

The band favored the songs from last year's "The Woods," performing all of them. Arguably Sleater-Kinney's finest album -- the more direct "Dig Me Out" and the politically charged "One Beat" are strong contenders -- "The Woods" is certainly the most adventurous, pushing the threesome's bass-less approach into the realm of Led Zeppelin and its heavy-rocking brothers.

Having already proved their mettle as female rockers, with Brownstein and Tucker's intertwined guitars driven by Weiss' magnificent drumming, the musicians now proved they could play metal as well as males. The likes of "Let's Call It Love," Tucker's determined vibrato having evolved into a bluesy wail, rocked hard with instrumental interplay, even solos.

"The Woods" also yielded the bossa nova-accented "Jumpers," given a literally jumping performance (the Crystal Ballroom's spring-loaded dance floor aided the moshing fans). "Rollercoaster," with just a hint of the Ohio Players' "Love Rollercoaster," was a wild ride, while "Modern Girl" was irony-rich, and "Entertain" did just that, even as it decried the triumph of entertainment over information.

+

http://www.calendarlive.com/music/cl-et ... -top-right

A glorious ending to Sleater-Kinney

*Portland's riot grrrls bid farewell with a pair of celebratory concerts.

PORTLAND, Ore. — Sleater-Kinney, arguably the most respected rock band of the post-Nirvana era next to Radiohead, played its final concert Saturday at the Crystal Ballroom. The second of a two-night hometown farewell, the concert sold out in five minutes and attracted fans from as far as Los Angeles and New York. Don't feel too bad, however, if you didn't know it was coming. Born of the ardently independent feminist punk movement riot grrrl, Sleater-Kinney thrived for more than a decade on a track parallel to the mainstream. Its farewell to that semi-underground America was musically majestic enough to fill a sports arena, but its spirit suited this artfully decaying theater in America's reigning bohemian town.

"This band has saved my life so many times, and I'm so grateful to have been a part of it," said Carrie Brownstein, Sleater-Kinney's windmilling lead guitarist and second singer, at the end of an intense, celebratory two-hour set. Her comment might have come from virtually anyone in the dancing, shouting, misty-eyed, smiling crowd. As Brownstein and her bandmates, vocalist-guitarist Corin Tucker and drummer Janet Weiss, locked instruments during telepathic jams and feverish punk throw-downs, fans responded with an intensity appropriate for the last spin of the soundtrack to their lives.

"For me, personally, it's an end of an era," said writer and video artist Cat Tyc, who first saw the band 10 years ago at the New York feminist rock night Meow Mix. "I experienced a significant life moment with every one of their albums. But I'll get over it," she said with a rueful laugh.

"I think it's really sad," said Han Vuong, up from Los Angeles for both weekend shows with two other California companions. Vuong estimated he'd seen Sleater-Kinney 20 times. "They're a great band, and they also stood for a lot," he continued. "They made the right decisions, all the time, and they were fearless in what they did. Music always needs that."

"They have something so fierce and, at the same time, so refined," said Bridget Wilson, a Portland-based fan who'd also seen the band multiple times. "Their dedication and their energy is so genuine. They're also declared feminists, and very straightforward about it. That doesn't exist in pop culture, ever."

Another fan had this to say: "You know how you wish you could have seen the Beatles or Jimi Hendrix or the Who with Keith Moon? Well, I am very fortunate and extremely grateful to live in a time when I can see Sleater-Kinney play live."

That fan was Eddie Vedder, offering witness during a two-song introduction to Sleater-Kinney's set. Vedder's band, Pearl Jam, has toured extensively with the trio, and their friendship bore whimsical fruit when Weiss joined a ukulele-strumming Vedder for the jazzy ditty "You Belong to Me."

Special guests became irrelevant once Brownstein and Tucker emerged and barreled into "The Fox," from the 2005 album "The Woods," which secured Sleater-Kinney's reputation as not "just a girl band," but heirs to the genre's most powerful family lines. On that song and nearly every other, Brownstein's guitar heroics, recalling Pete Townshend or even Jimi Hendrix at times, separated Sleater-Kinney from its punk past and secured the band a place in classic-rock Valhalla. Tucker's voice still retained its distinctive keening edge, but showed the nuance learned after years of training and touring. And Weiss turned her drum kit into a motion-platform ride, playing with expert force and agility.

With each member hitting her peak Saturday, Sleater-Kinney's most-lauded attribute — the group's subtle and often startlingly inventive interplay — was on full display. Tucker and Brownstein layered together guitar and vocal lines, sometimes easing into dynamically adventurous improvisations, only to turn on a dime and unite for some speedy dance-punk. Weiss provided the motor for her bandmates' tandem ride, her drum lines tapping into the mighty vigor of heavy metal. During these exchanges, neither songs nor the identities of the singers mattered. What fascinated was the group's creative process, emerging during each song like the topography on a raised map. In these moments, the trio exchanged delighted grins and it became clear that for Sleater-Kinney, nothing — not feminist ideology, not independent business practices, not even the words of the band's own songs — mattered as much as the unpredictable grace of collaboration.

Sleater-Kinney is not a jam band, however — its songs are too visceral and its stance too radical for the happy touring scene that's given other improvising rock groups a home. This show presented Sleater-Kinney at the absolute height of its powers; one can only hope that the breakup will last, so that each of these talented women gets a chance to follow a new stream. Leaving fans — and each other — with a show none will forget, Sleater-Kinney departed in glory. And frankly, that's something great bands don't do nearly enough.
Olikatie

Message par Olikatie » Jeu Août 17, 2006 7:25 am

Rocka Rolla
The Last Waltz

SLEATER-KINNEY No more words and guitar

When photographer Jenny Jiménez and I checked in at the Crystal Ballroom box office on the evening of Saturday, August 12, we were handed a one-sheet of photography restrictions, a typical caveat of shooting at big shows, but one that was noteworthy for the personalized tone running throughout. Along with the expected request to refrain from using flash on the encores, the band members were obviously (and understandably) concerned about maintaining a sense of controlled chaos during their swan-song performance. "Welcome to the final Sleater-Kinney show... as you can imagine, emotions are running high," it began. The document went on to request that photographers give the band a couple of songs to ease into the set (shooting was restricted to songs three, four, five, and the flash-free encores), and to avoid confrontations with one another. Under other circumstances, such acute attention to detail might seem unusually controlling; on a night that would end with such a historic and highly anticipated performance, it made all the sense in the world.

Playful Sub Pop punks the Thermals opened things by delivering a short, sharp set that although adequately executed, felt more like a nervous, place-holding moment than a warm-up to the main event. They were followed by a solo appearance from Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, a longtime friend and supporter of the band who played a handful of hushed, folksy ballads. He also respectfully eulogized S-K, saying, "You know how you wish you could have seen the Beatles or Jimi Hendrix or the Who with Keith Moon? Well, I am very fortunate and extremely grateful to live in a time when I can see Sleater-Kinney play live.

"Truly," Vedder declared, "there is no place else I'd rather be on the planet than here."

Just before the band took the stage, drummer Janet Weiss joined Vedder on a duet of the romantic 1920s standard, "Tonight You Belong to Me" (though much of the crowd undoubtedly recognized it as the duet sung by Bernadette Peters and Steve Martin in The Jerk). The moment was made even sweeter by Vedder's gently strummed ukulele accompaniment.

As countless critics will note, from the instant they kicked off their set (with "The Fox," the distorted earthquake that opens 2005's The Woods), it was evident that the sold-out crowd was watching S-K go out at the top of their game. A highly graceful live act for many years, the trio didn't waver from their expected grade of quality, exuding all the explosive energy for which they are revered, and remaining impressively focused as they dove into a two-hour, 27-song set that weighed heavily on The Woods, and, somewhat disappointingly for this fan, produced few surprises (I would have paid good money to hear them revisit their cover of Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son"). Oddly absent were cathartic manifesto "Call the Doctor" and crowd-pleasing sing-along "I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone" (which the band had played the previous night), but leaving those songs out didn't diminish the set as a whole, which included old favorite "Stay Where You Are" and recent masterpiece "Let's Call It Love."

As the inevitable time for encores approached, the emotions did in fact begin to run high, with joint frontwomen Carrie Brownstein and Corin Tucker expressing love for each other and Weiss, and Brownstein eventually declaring, "This band has saved my life so many times, and I'm so grateful to have been a part of it."

The perfectly chosen closing number? "One More Hour," with the appropriately poignant refrain, "In one more hour, I will be gone." The afterparty reportedly was a joyous, dance-driven affair, with plenty of family and friends in attendance, including several participants from Rock 'n' Roll Camp for Girls (the camp had held a showcase earlier that evening). Well done, Sleater-Kinney: You will obviously be missed by many.

There's no segue out of that review, so I'll just get right down to my recommended shows for this week, both of which are on Friday, August 18. For those seeking humorous refuge and indisputably entertaining rock, you'll want to be at the Sunset to witness the splendor of Norse mythologist Thor. If you plan accordingly, you'll also have time before that show to catch Four Counts Dirty. That precociously talented, Guns N' Roses–loving band of Auburn-based teens will be opening for Thee Emergency and Iceage Cobra at the High Dive.
Olikatie

Re: Sleater Kinney

Message par XWayne » Mar Août 03, 2010 8:25 pm

XWayne

Message(s) : 3024

Message par dvi2702 » Mar Août 03, 2010 10:42 pm

XWayne a écrit :En écoute, Doubt: http://downloads.pitchforkmedia.com/Cor ... 0Doubt.mp3

J'aime assez. :P
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8749

Message par XWayne » Mar Sep 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Sleater-Kinney have announced plans to reissue their entire discography as a new vinyl box set. Entitled Start Together, the seven-LP collection will hit stores on October 21st via Sub Pop Records.
The box set will feature remastered versions of all seven Sleater-Kinney studio albums, pressed on colored vinyl. Also included is a 44-page hardcover book of rare photos from the band’s personal collections, along with an exclusive art print. Pre-orders are ongoing through the label’s website, but hurry: copies are limited to 3,000.
The remasters were carried out by engineer Greg Calbi (Lou Reed, Talking Heads, St. Vincent). Calbi discussed the process in an issued statement, saying, “For such ferocious music, it was actually a very delicate process. I found, in dealing with one of the earlier albums, that my signal path and compression, including my Burl B2 convertor, gave me a more resonant, deeper sound on the guitars than the originals.” He continued, “Because the band rarely, if ever, used bass, I felt that this added to the aggressiveness and power of the band overall. I believe this treatment added a subtle, yet important, dimension to the band, and I explored each of the other albums with the same intention.”
Sub Pop will also release the remastered albums on standalone CD and black vinyl. Starting today, the reissues are also available for purchase digitally.

https://megamart.subpop.com/releases/sleater_kinney

125$ les 7 albums (avec quelques bonus pour la forme) c'est une affaire (moins de 14€ l'album!), mais paie tes frais de port... Ca passe alors à un peu plus de 20€, ça reste honnête. Mais ouch USPS... :cavapas:
XWayne

Message par dranx » Mar Sep 02, 2014 8:27 pm

:band: :core:
dranx

Message(s) : 5871

Message par XWayne » Sam Oct 18, 2014 12:47 am

Oh putain, elles reviennent. :core: Ca sent l'album pour le 20 janvier 2015. :love:

http://www.stereogum.com/1712543/sleate ... 2015/news/
XWayne

Message par XWayne » Dim Oct 19, 2014 2:01 pm

No Code joué en entier, le leak des démos de l'Avocado, le retour de Sleater-Kinney, quel week-end! :lol:
XWayne

Message par Denis » Dim Oct 19, 2014 2:35 pm

attends, c'est confirmé l'album ou c'est juste un morceau comme ça?
"I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs"
Music Box
Denis

Message(s) : 15074

Message par XWayne » Dim Oct 19, 2014 3:14 pm

Denis a écrit :attends, c'est confirmé l'album ou c'est juste un morceau comme ça?

Pour l'instant, seul le morceau inédit est confirmé: il est présent dans le box set avec les 7 albums, c'est un 45 tours avec marqué 1/20/15, mais le titre est confirmé comme étant "Bury our Friends" (http://www.dvdcineshop.com/catalog/slea ... 03299.html).

La pochette de No Cities To Love a été trouvée via Shazam, et le 20 janvier 2015 est un Mardi, jour de sortie des albums aux US. Et elle est raccord avec la pochette du 45 tours (avec un bouquet de fleurs en noir et blanc).
XWayne

Message par Denis » Dim Oct 19, 2014 4:43 pm

XWayne a écrit :
Denis a écrit :attends, c'est confirmé l'album ou c'est juste un morceau comme ça?

Pour l'instant, seul le morceau inédit est confirmé: il est présent dans le box set avec les 7 albums, c'est un 45 tours avec marqué 1/20/15, mais le titre est confirmé comme étant "Bury our Friends" (http://www.dvdcineshop.com/catalog/slea ... 03299.html).

La pochette de No Cities To Love a été trouvée via Shazam, et le 20 janvier 2015 est un Mardi, jour de sortie des albums aux US. Et elle est raccord avec la pochette du 45 tours (avec un bouquet de fleurs en noir et blanc).

et c'est mon anniversaire, elles sont vraiment trop cool 8-)
Music Box
Denis

Message par XWayne » Lun Oct 20, 2014 12:48 am

Un avant-goût! :D

Je suis à la fois excité et inquiet par ce retour, tellement leur discographie est impeccable, s'arrêtant sur le point culminant The Woods. Ce nouveau titre sonne comme du Sleater-Kinney (avec les chants croisés de Corin Tucker et Carrie Brownstein et la frappe de Janet Weiss à la batterie), mais propose une nouvelle direction, comme pratiquement chaque album: c'est plus pop (entre All Hands on the Bad One et One Beat), avec de nouveaux sons de guitare. Après un The Woods jusqu'au-boutiste en termes d'attaque sonore (qui n'a failli pas voir le jour, le groupe était déjà bien fatigué lors de son enregistrement), elles semblent revenir sur leurs pas pour donner autre chose, sans se répéter.

Vivement 2015! :core:
XWayne

Message par Denis » Lun Oct 20, 2014 10:02 am

:core: :core: :core: :core: :core:
Music Box
Denis

Suivant

Retour vers Spin The Black Circle