Bad Religion

Autres artistes, découvertes, concerts, news musicales, etc.

Bad Religion

Message par mike baroud » Lun Fév 06, 2006 5:13 pm

et hop, encore une news faisandée, pas grave 8)

This DVD features explosive live footage shot over two nights at the famous Hollywood Palladium that has been condensed down to one spitfire performance! This DVD also contains extremely rare content such as an acoustic piano version of "Cease," in-depth interviews with all current band members discussing the band¹s formation, evolution and career. You'll also get never-before-seen live footage from the New Wave Theatre circa 1981-1983, a band photo gallery featuring new and vintage images of the bands, as well as a slew of music videos from the band!

Live at the Palladium’s live tracks include:

Sinister Rouge
No Control
Supersonic
Social Suicide
Los Angeles Is Burning
Modern Man
Kyoto Now
Stranger Than Fiction
Struck a Nerve
Let Them Eat War
Suffer
Change of Ideas
God’s Love
Recipe for Hate
Atomic Garden
10 in 2010
You
Come Join Us
I Want To Conquer the World
21st Century Digital Boy
Generator
Fuck Armageddon
Anesthesia
Infected
Cease
American Jesus
Along The Way
Do What You Want
Only Gonna Die
Sorrow
mike baroud

Message(s) : 11082

Message par mike baroud » Mer Fév 08, 2006 11:45 am

Le Groezrock Festival continue de peaufiner sa liste pour son 15 anniversaire. Ainsi Bad Religion et Goldfinger viennent de confirmer leur participation. Nous rappelons qu'il aura lieu le 28 et 29 avril à Meerhout en Belgique. Pour plus d'information, n'hésitez pas à vous rendre sur le site.

allez, une ptite tournée européenne ce serait pas mal, avec une zolie date a paris ce serait parfait :D
http://www.riverandroads.com/

If I can ask one thing when I am dead 
would you lay me down by the river bed? 
let me wash away 
let it take me back from where I came 
all I am and all I was is just 
blood and dirt and bones and mud 
and I'm better off that way 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par mike baroud » Lun Fév 13, 2006 10:10 pm

Bad Religion - Live at the Palladium
Epitaph // Unrated // $19.98 // March 7, 2006
Review by Ian Jane | posted February 8, 2006 | E-mail the Author | Start a Discussion

The Movie:

Bad Religion have been around a long time (they've been together for over twenty years at this point) and influenced a whole lot of bands and it's quite surprising that it's taken so long for them to really get their due on DVD. Sure, there have been releases of The Riot, Along The Way and the Flipside disc that shares space with a Circle Jerks show, but all of that was material that was previously available on VHS and as such it wasn't really tailor made for the DVD format. Well, all of that has changed with Bad Religion – Live At The Palladium. No more washed out VHS transfer footage, no more wonky sound mixes and no more mediocre quality – this is the one that fans have been waiting for.

Filmed over two nights in November of 2004 at the Palladium in Los Angeles, the band proves that while their style may have changed over the years, they're still a fantastic live presence and over the course of this two hour and fifteen minute presentation they blister through both new and old songs from pretty much each and everyone one of their albums. The concert footage was shot using ten different cameras from ten different angles and then edited down to what we have on this DVD and in short, the results are fantastic – Bad Religion has never looked or sounded so good on home video before, in fact, few bands have.

In addition to the performance footage, the feature also contains a wealth of interviews with each and every one of the band members as well as fans old and new. While sometimes this can break up a concert, here it works well and it gives us a chance to kind of get into the band members' heads a little bit. Graffin explains the significance of the bands notorious cross buster logo and the influence that The Adolescents had on their sound what with the three part harmonies and all. Gurewitz openly discusses the time he spent away from the band, dedicating all of his time to Epitaph Records once the success of bands like Nirvana ended up 'breaking punk into the mainstream' which in turn somehow resulted in making The Offspring a huge deal and moving millions of records. He talks about what it was like to be away from the group and how he feels about being back on board. The other band members talk about their time on the road, bands that influenced them while they were in their formative years (Black Flag and of course The Circle Jerks come up a fair bit in these talks) and Graffin explains the importance of politics in the band's lyrics. It's all actually pretty interesting stuff, these guys are sharp and intelligent and far more interesting than your average punk band and they've got the battle scars to prove it. The fans who are interviewed explain why the like the band, who their favorite members are and why, how they've been influenced by them and what it is about Bad Religion that's struck such a chord (or maybe a nerve?) for them.

The complete track listing for the concert, which was shot over two nights and edited down to one performance, is as follows:

Opening Credits
Sinister Rouge
No Control
Supersonic
Social Suicide
Los Angeles Is Burning
Modern Man
Kyoto Now!
Stranger Than Fiction
Struck A Nerve
Let Them Eat War
Suffer
Change Of Ideas
God's Love
Recipe For Hate
Atomic Garden
10 In 2010
You
Come Join Us
Want To Conquer The World
21st Century Digital Boy
Generator
Fuck Armageddon…This Is Hell
Anesthesia
Infected
Cease
American Jesus
Along The Way
Do What You Want
Only Gonna Die
Sorrow
Closing Credits

Highlights from the set include a rather unexpected performance of Cease, in which Graffin sits down behind a piano and does the song accompanied by some acoustic guitar playing – it might feel odd hearing this at a Bad Religion show but there's no denying the power of the song and hearing performed this way only drives that point home. From 21st Century Digital Boy through to Infected we see the band just giving one hundred percent and during these tracks it's really easy to forget that these guys aren't teenagers anymore but are in fact in their forties. There's a lot of energy here and the tracks are played as fast as they ever have been.

Anyone familiar with their fairly extensive body of work will notice that there's a nice mix of early tracks and more recent tracks in the set list and while it's the early stuff that made most of us fans and the early stuff that many of us go back to time and time again, there's no denying that more recent tracks like Los Angeles Is Burning sound pretty good live. Since Recipe For Hate their albums seem to have lost some of the anger that made their material so passionate and so easy for like minded individuals to enjoy and you can see some of that in the live show – having seen them in the early nineties before 'punk broke' it was obvious to this reviewer that the band isn't as physically pissed off looking on stage as they used to be. That being said, they have matured as an outfit and as individuals and their stance and worldview hasn't softened at all. If you listen to Graffin's still poignant lyrics they're still antagonistic and still thought provoking even if he looks a little happier now while he sings them. These guys have been going at this for over twenty years now and the fact that they sound as good live now as they do on this DVD is a testament to their ability as musicians and to their dedication to their craft.

Two things worth mentioning about the presentation on this disc are that there is the option to watch the feature with the interviews tucked in or as a concert only, and whenever a new song comes up in the set, a text scroll shows up and names it for you accompanied by a small icon showcasing the cover art of the album that it was originally recorded for.
The DVD

Video:

The video is presented in a solid anamorphic 1.85.1 widescreen transfer that overall looks really, really nice. The colors are well reproduced and the picture is clear and clean. Black levels remain stable throughout though there are some mild compression artifacts present in a few spots. One thing that's definitely worth noting is that usually live performances don't look so hot on DVD as the lights tend to wash out a lot of the detail – thankfully that isn't the case here and the live footage looks excellent. You can see all the detail from the sweat on Graffin's forehead to the strings on the guitars and the close ups that the camera pulls into during certain segments leave nothing to the imagination. This is, quite sincerely, one of the nicest looking concert DVDs this reviewer has ever seen which, when you consider that it's Bad Religion and not, say, The Rolling Stones, is high praise indeed.
Sound:

The bass and drums on this Dolby Digital 5.1 track are great. They're not too heavy, not too light, and have just the right amount of punctuation in the mix. Vocals come through easily enough and you shouldn't have any problems understanding Graffin as he tears his way through the set. The guitar could have been a little heavier in the front of the soundstage in one or two tracks but for the most part it sounds nice and loud and aside from that, this is an excellent sound mix. Surrounds are used mainly for background noise and crowd noise though there is some nice channel separation up front during the show. Overall, the sound mix is very nicely done on this release.
Extras:

While the disc isn't super stacked in the supplements department, there are some nice bonus features in here that should give Bad Religion fans a cheap thrill or two. First and foremost, Epitaph has included two performances that the band did on a television show called The New Wave Theater that was shot between 1981 (they do Bad Religion, Slaves, and Oligarchy, ) and 1983 (this time out they do Only Gonna Die). The quality of these in terms of the audio and the video is surprisingly good and it's fun to see the band here in their early years just bashing it out as fast as they can. The band provide some brief interviews in between songs here as well.

In addition to that, there are six promotional videos included on this release for the following songs: American Jesus, Atomic Garden, Los Angeles Is Burning, Broken, Sorry and Struck A Nerve.

Rounding out the extra features are a decent sized still gallery of photos from throughout the band's history and an insert booklet that features some brief liner notes, credits, DVD production notes, lyrics, and a few more pictures of the group.
Final Thoughts:

Bad Religion – Live At The Palladium is an absolutely fantastic package overall. While it would have been nice to see more promotional videos and more archival footage in the extra features section, the feature itself runs for well over two hours and it looks and sounds fantastic through and through. Epitaph has knocked this one out of the park. Highly recommended.

j'ai hate bordel :newsmile:

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par mike baroud » Sam Fév 18, 2006 11:34 pm

Un trailer du dvd Live at The Palladium de Bad Religion est visible à cette adresse. Outre des images live, le dvd contiendra quelques raretés telle que la version acoustique de "Cease". Enfin, rappelons au passage que Greg Graffin vient de rentrer en studio en compagnie de son comparse Brett Gurewitz pour enregistrer son second album solo

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par mike baroud » Dim Mars 12, 2006 11:59 am

The BR Page.net nous apprend que Bad Religion rentre en studio cette semaine pour enregistrer le successeur de son très bon "The Empire Strikes First" paru en 2004.
Pour le moment douze morceaux seraient prévus, et on murmure septembre pour une éventuelle date de sortie de la galette à nouveau produite par le gratteux Mr Brett. Un Mr Brett qu'on espère voir sur scène avec ses acolytes au Groezrock fin avril et avec peut-être quelques-uns de ces nouveaux morceaux !

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par Samoa » Lun Mars 13, 2006 10:12 am

Cool ! :D
Samoa

Message(s) : 3236

Message par mike baroud » Lun Mars 13, 2006 10:33 am

pas cool : je trouve pas le dvd ... :(

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par Samoa » Lun Mars 13, 2006 10:34 am

Même pas en import ?
Samoa

Message(s) : 3236

Message par mike baroud » Lun Mars 13, 2006 10:36 am

bah je vais me résigner à le commander ouais

chez gibert ils n'en avaient plus de dispos et ils n'en avaient plus au virgin ... :(

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par matt showman » Lun Mars 13, 2006 11:09 am

Bah commande le chez Gibert !
matt showman

Message par mike baroud » Lun Mars 13, 2006 7:23 pm

I GOT IT

:cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :newmus2: :newmus2: :newmus2:

:newsmile:

8)

edit : et en plus il poutre méchamment !

:band:

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par matt showman » Mer Mars 15, 2006 10:23 am

selon tous en tong, le nouvel album serait double !!!
matt showman

Message par mike baroud » Mer Mars 15, 2006 10:30 am

matt showman a écrit :selon tous en tong, le nouvel album serait double !!!

cool ca

il fera donc au moins 60 minutes 8)

et qui dit nouvel album, dit nouvelle tournée européenne des clubs, donc une date en france, a l'élysée, au hasard :roll:

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par mike baroud » Mar Mai 23, 2006 6:05 am

Le 11 Juillet, Greg Graffin (Bad Religion) soumettra son album solo Cold as Clay à la population. Epitaph offre le premier son: "Don't be afraid to run".

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par matt showman » Sam Juil 08, 2006 8:30 am

matt showman

Message par mike baroud » Sam Juil 08, 2006 10:29 am

matt showman a écrit :Tiens Mike, un "cadeau" pour toi!
http://www.aol.de/templates/hs_dalailam ... Id=1666243
:shock: :shock: :?

c'est ce genre de reprises qui pourraient relancer le débat de l'euthanasie ... :roll:

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par mike baroud » Lun Août 21, 2006 5:29 pm

MVD prévoit de sortir une édition spéciale DVD de The Riot (Bad Religion), initialement sorti en 2001. Il contiendra entre autres des prises de vue en backstage, commentées par le réalisateur.

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud

Message par matt showman » Ven Jan 19, 2007 11:01 am

http://www.metalorgie.com

La date du prochain Bad Religion vient de tomber, et ce sera pour le 10 juillet de cette année. Le groupe entrera en studio le mois prochain, c'est Joe Barresi (Tool, Queens Of The Stone Age, Weezer) qui sera chargé de la production.
matt showman

Message par mike baroud » Sam Mars 17, 2007 11:29 am

new record stuffs and info's...

so we're almost halfway done. we've got 17 songs, and the name of the record is "new maps of hell".
brett and i are growing mustaches in protest of something, and joe barresi has yet to reveal his awesomeness.
greg has been making the trek daily from ucla to the studio, but the semester is pretty much over and it's good timing.
brooks has really put forth a magnificent performance, i can't wait for you all to hear it!
i'll keep posting studio photos and letting everyone know what we're doing...

jay

p.s. sorry about the santa monica show selling out so fast. who knew?

see you all soon.

:cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

let me wash away 
I'm better off that way
mike baroud